Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fuck the Police....
....is a phrase I've been seeing and hearing a lot lately.

Facebook is full of them, and certain circles of people I know are saying it quite openly and citing multiple cases of police brutality.

My question is always the same "What would you change about it?"

I've gotten answers from 'disband the police altogether' to 'they need much more training'

Yesterday, there was an instance of suicide by cop in Maine. Already I see people calling it police brutality, and shouting for blood.

Is there a way to 'fix' the system?
What do you see as negatives and positives in the current system?
What would the ideal police officer be?

Without a doubt they need much more training. I am so sick of hearing they fear for their lives. They are in the wrong business if that is the go to excuse. I have zero pity nor any kind of compassion left for them. I don't like lumping them all together, it's unfair but no more unfair than them lumping people together.

Are they given any kind of psychiatric evaluation? If not, that should surely be a requirement.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Many cops are basically lazy. And many want the pension. Its not about justice but survival and money. But there are a majority out there that are good, its the few that are jumpy that you hear about and Americans being stupid fucks can't see past their noses.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-05-2014, 10:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Are they given any kind of psychiatric evaluation? If not, that should surely be a requirement.

I'm not sure if all departments do. About 5 years ago, a friends brother tried to get into the NH State police. He failed an oral stress test, so he didn't make it.

He said the oral stress test was 6 guys shouting questions at him and gauging how long it took him to react.

They also have a police academy over in Concord-it's an 18 month military style course. 18 months of basic training is enough to drive anyone nuts.
I can fix the system. Police Malpractice Insurance. Doctors kill people all the time, but their family members don't care when they get their money.

I don't think just anyone has what it takes to be a good cop. There are too many wearing a badge who have no business in that career. They let a minute amount of power & authority go right to their head and they are far from capable of handling stressful situations when their very first reaction is always to shoot to kill.
(12-05-2014, 11:17 AM)Cutz Wrote: I can fix the system. Police Malpractice Insurance. Doctors kill people all the time, but their family members don't care when they get their money.

That reminds me of a story I read yesterday:

BY ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/04/2014 AT 12:00 PM EST
A California surgeon has been disciplined for removing a prisoner's healthy kidney and leaving the diseased one intact.

The state medical board last week placed Dr. Charles Coonan Streit on probation for three years, the Orange County Register reported Tuesday.

The board said Streit, a urologist who has had his license for 41 years, relied on memory to decide which kidney to remove because he didn't have access to the patient's complete medical records.

The 2012 operation at Fullerton's St. Jude Medical Center involved a 59-year-old federal inmate.

http://www.people.com/article/surgeon-re...ong-kidney

If you read the rest of the article, apparently the doctor asked the inmate which kidney was cancerous...meh, the inmate fucked up too!

I must ponder the questions about the police force. For certain, 911 dispatchers should be taught to relay to the police that a gun has been reported as "probably fake" several times when that information has been provided to them by a caller.
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-05-2014, 12:09 PM)username Wrote: relied on memory to decide which kidney to remove because he didn't have access to the patient's complete medical records.

That's insane. Seriously. Far be it for me to defend a prisoner but Jesus Christ. Surgeons don't rely on memory FFS.
Look at all the turmoil, looting, violence, robberies, muggings, burglaries, & whatnot currently happening with the police on the scenes. Don't care to imagine what it would be like if the police were not around! Can't fault the many for a few misfits! There are misfits in all types of jobs, however, in other jobs, when misfits screw up it usually doesn't make media headlines.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(12-05-2014, 12:26 PM)Carsman Wrote: Can't fault the many for a few misfits!

The police do it all the time so yeah, so can I. I'm supposed to grant them leeway because they are in a dangerous profession? I don't think so.
What leeway do you need to grant them? When they fuck up, they should be disciplined. That doesn't mean you need to vilify the entire profession.
(12-05-2014, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't think just anyone has what it takes to be a good cop. There are too many wearing a badge who have no business in that career. They let a minute amount of power & authority go right to their head and they are far from capable of handling stressful situations when their very first reaction is always to shoot to kill.

I totally agree with you Duchess. Remember George Zimmerman? He was a wanna be cop. I think many of these types are simply power hungry and want the job where they get to carry a gun and be the authority figure.
That being said, the GOOD cops do need more respect. It is a hard job. For all the bad ones, there are a dozen good ones. We lost a good cop a few months ago because some perp decided to shoot him in the head rather than give up. Guy had two kids...one who was just 5 months old.
People of color bitch because there are not enough cops of color in their town, then go join the academy fuck heads. Granted, as someone said not all men or women have what it takes to be a cop, but if you do, go be a cop.
(12-05-2014, 01:06 PM)Cutz Wrote: What leeway do you need to grant them? When they fuck up, they should be disciplined. That doesn't mean you need to vilify the entire profession.

I am not vilifying the entire profession. In almost every post I've made in regards to this subject I have said that I am quite aware that not every cop is a bad cop and that I think it's unfortunate that a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of them. In general, I no longer support them as I once did because time & again I am given very good examples as to why they cannot be trusted. I do not apply that to every LEO but I certainly don't take what they have to say on face value anymore.
If I took everything anyone said at face value... I'd think Maggot was a very disturbed individual.
(12-05-2014, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I totally agree with this. I think some cops get off on having the power and they enjoy shooting their guns too much.
Very dangerous when you have a sociopath in a uniform. They enjoy engaging in battle (military) and keep signing up for more tours to battle areas cuz they love their job (killing). I was thinking that if LC were still here, we would not say some of the things that we are saying, however, i think she would agree about all these shootings of unarmed people. Too many "rogue" cops out there. I do think some of the incidents are tragic mistakes, caused by lack of inadequate training.
(12-05-2014, 02:39 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I was thinking that if LC were still here, we would not say some of the things that we are saying

I disagree but speaking only for myself, I wouldn't change a single response.
(12-05-2014, 12:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-05-2014, 12:26 PM)Carsman Wrote: Can't fault the many for a few misfits!

The police do it all the time so yeah, so can I. I'm supposed to grant them leeway because they are in a dangerous profession? I don't think so.
Yes in your broad stroke statement, your'e faulting well over 120,000 LEO's all over the country (the police do it all the time) for the screwup's of a handful.
(12-05-2014, 01:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-05-2014, 01:06 PM)Cutz Wrote: What leeway do you need to grant them? When they fuck up, they should be disciplined. That doesn't mean you need to vilify the entire profession.

I am not vilifying the entire profession. In almost every post I've made in regards to this subject I have said that I am quite aware that not every cop is a bad cop and that I think it's unfortunate that a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of them. In general, I no longer support them as I once did because time & again I am given very good examples as to why they cannot be trusted. I do not apply that to every LEO but I certainly don't take what they have to say on face value anymore.
Hope you never have an occasion to call the cannot be trusted LEO's to respond to a burglary at your house.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

You're allowed to be blindly devoted.
(12-05-2014, 02:39 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I was thinking that if LC were still here, we would not say some of the things that we are saying, however, i think she would agree about all these shootings of unarmed people.

I don't know but I'm guessing LC would be shaking her head at the stupidity/brutality exhibited by some of her fellow LE officers. She didn't co-sign stupid much and I think she believed in "by the book". Smiley_emoticons_smile
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-05-2014, 09:52 PM)Carsman Wrote: Hope you never have an occasion to call the cannot be trusted LEO's to respond to a burglary at your house.

Me too.

When Tony Arambula managed to corner an armed intruder in his son's bedroom he expected police to come to his aid.

Instead, a Phoenix police officer confused Arambula for the intruder and shot him six times before realizing his mistake, a moment captured on the 911 call with a simple "F**k."

Even after realizing their mistake, Arambula said he was treated roughly, being dragged out of the house and transported briefly on the hood of a police car.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/phoenix-family-...id=8756441

Get ur head out of the sand, Cars. Yes, LE are generally the "good guys" but they seem to be fucking up more and more often.
Commando Cunt Queen