Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fuck the Police....
You're better off calling in a fire if there is a burglary at your home. The fire dept. will show up faster because the cops are too busy frying bigger fish, like killing someone for selling cigarettes on the street, and at least you won't have to worry about them shooting your dog. Or even worse you.

I know the police are necessary, but I still don't much care for them in general.
Jeesus...

The cops do have a tough job, no arguing there. Some of them do fuck up, but I would bet that the percentage of fuckup cops is far below the percentage of fuckups in most groups of people.
I'be not seen any numbers but my first reaction to some of the assertions above is that its not much different now than years ago. I think the media is more aggressive about how they report these things.
So you think an unarmed guy should Never be shot? Why is that? You think the police should first check for a gun, then not finding one, put theirs down and hand wrestle the perpetrator into court? Fuck that, the cops job is to get assholes off the street and from their viewpoint there is no reason at all they should engage in anything that remotely resembles a fair fight. Sure theres bad cops out there, sociopaths with a badge, but I think there are far fewer of them behind the badge than in front of it.
I am personally glad they are around and trust me, I have had as many tickets as just about anyone else and more than some.
Somehow I have managed to never get arrested but it was close a time or two.
The good guys are going to fuck up now and then because they are people, same as you and me but they got enough balls to step up to the line.
The media will always be there to point out their failings and some people will always hate the cops no matter what.
Some people will always Love the cops no matter what, I am not one of those. The cops that choked the black guy in NY should swing, same thing for that bunch of assholes killed the homeless guy in cali a year or so ago.
Then there are the ones like LC, and the guys that jerkoff in Penn killed, and the ones that help many people every day.
Fuck the police? No, Fuck the assholes
When I said I don't like them in general that was also based on my own few experiences with them, not just what happens in the news. These experiences were nothing of my doing and they still acted like snide little pricks.

Once I was unloading the groceries out of my car and left my passenger door open with my wallet sitting on the console. This black cop knocked on my door and asked me if I knew my car door was open. He seemed like a nice guy, so no I don't think they're all horrible people. I'm sure there are plenty of good ones just doing their job.
(12-05-2014, 11:26 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: The cops that choked the black guy in NY should swing, same thing for that bunch of assholes killed the homeless guy in cali a year or so ago.

...and those are the type of cops we are discussing. People are sick of that shit, fed the hell up and I don't blame them at all. When that kind of crap goes down many people feel they have no recourse. The courts almost always side with LE and it's infuriating when there is proof of their wrong doing.

The cops that killed Eric Garner weren't indicted but the guy who filmed him being killed was. He says it's in retaliation for that video and because of how the police have behaved I am moved to believe him over the cops.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I posted that ^^^^^ and started reading the news and this was the very first thing I saw on my front page. One more example of someone wearing a badge who has no business in this profession. Not only do they disobey a direct order he doesn't even have his weapon secure.

A New York police officer who shot a man dead in a Brooklyn housing project texted his union before calling 911, a new report has revealed.

Akai Gurley, 28, was gunned down November 20 by rookie cop Peter Liang. The officer then texted his union representative before calling paramedics to tend to the dying Gurley, sources told the New York Daily News.

Liang fired one shot, then he and his partner went radio silent for more than six minutes, according to the paper. A 911 operator who knew the duo was in the building was even unable to reach them during their minutes off-the-grid.

"That's showing negligence," a law enforcement source told the Daily News. "The guy is dying and you still haven't called it in?"

Story
(12-05-2014, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't think just anyone has what it takes to be a good cop. There are too many wearing a badge who have no business in that career. They let a minute amount of power & authority go right to their head and they are far from capable of handling stressful situations when their very first reaction is always to shoot to kill.

How do you screen that out? I can't fathom a battery of tests that would detect possible ego trips.

What about the ones that start out good, and over time go bad? Maybe it all goes back to mental health? Finding a way to decompress? Periodic psych evals?
(12-06-2014, 06:48 AM)cannongal Wrote: Periodic psych evals?

That sounds like an excellent idea.

I don't know how one would go about testing these people but surely there's a way to determine the mental fitness of those who want to be LEO's.

(12-05-2014, 11:26 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Jeesus...

So you think an unarmed guy should Never be shot?

I went to a meeting last night (was supposed to be to put final touches on a Christmas event, but anyway) and we spent an hour discussing this for some reason.

Tamir's name was thrown around, as well as Ben Shannon, a guy from NH that was shot to death for pointing a cell phone at the cops.

Ben Shannon story

And then there was the suicide by cop case I mentioned, the woman that was killed, pointed a gun directly at the police officers. Some of the people in the meeting thought that the police should have disarmed her, instead of killing her.

If someone pointed a gun at me, my first thought is always going to be shoot to kill. You take out the threat. Period.

It wouldn't surprise me if the police did end up with some sort of malpractice insurance.
The police are critical. They never pull you over when you do something right! Like, "the way you took that corner was awesome"......give you a little hat or some jelly or something like a sticker that says "AWESOME DRIVER" as a reward. Then everyone else on the road would know that you rock!
(12-06-2014, 07:06 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The police are critical. They never pull you over when you do something right! Like, "the way you took that corner was awesome"......give you a little hat or some jelly or something like a sticker that says "AWESOME DRIVER" as a reward. Then everyone else on the road would know that you rock!

A police force in Canada has started handing out rewards to young people who do good things for their community.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-...e-30002192

Police in Texas town giving out gift cards for good driving

Police Officer Pulls Young Mom Over To Give Her A Ticket, Buys Her A Car Seat Instead

So there Smiley_emoticons_razz
(12-06-2014, 07:06 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The police are critical. They never pull you over when you do something right! Like, "the way you took that corner was awesome"......give you a little hat or some jelly or something like a sticker that says "AWESOME DRIVER" as a reward. Then everyone else on the road would know that you rock!

hah Goofball.

My feelings regarding LEOs haven't changed in 30 years, despite more coverage of crime (and every other type of news) due to increased media venues.

Most LEOs are good -- they wanna do their jobs, serve and protect, and go home. Some are assholes in the process and some are cool -- same as every profession.

Some LEOs are bad -- they wanna hassle or dominate rather than protect and serve. They wanna fuck with people. They are a power-trippin' danger to society. There are also what I consider "bad" cops who are perfectly nice individuals, but lack the confidence or competence to be out in the field with a gun.

Both good and bad LEOs can find themselves in situations where they believe they have to kill a citizen (sometimes armed, sometimes not) to protect themselves or others. Whether those killings are justified should be investigated; this isn't a war. No matter where a cop is assigned, it's not the police vs. the community -- at least, it should not be. The perceptions that police in the US are becoming more militarized is a concern in some communities, and I understand it.

When a cop kills a citizen the fatal incident should be investigated thoroughly, whether the cop involved is generally regarded as a good one or a bad one. To assume that every shooting/death by cop is justified because they have a hard job or you don't want to question authority or you think anyone who ends up getting killed by a cop deserved it.... is dangerous and gullible thinking, IMO. Each fatal incident should be judged on its own merit.

So, what would help minimize the number of bad cops and unjustified killings by police? I think retraining certifications more frequently (if those even exist now) might help. Psych evals are required before hiring and after shooting incidents, I believe -- perhaps periodic evaluations would help.

What's already helping, IMO, is the increased transparency of fatal police incidents, via more media coverage. The resultant public interest/knowledge is helping to keep positive performance pressure on LE. I also think it's sending a message to bad cops and their departments that it's not so easy to create a false narrative surrounding a brutal or fatal incident, wrongly vilify the victim, and sweep it under the rug anymore. (ETA: Dash and body cams are helping in that respect as well -- I think they should be implemented in all departments nationwide.)
Another scumbag cop, at least they actually charged this one with a felony.

Smiley_emoticons_shocked That's a lot of blood!

Wait for it...someone will be along to defend the action and those poor, defenseless officers. No matter that the one defending himself had a good hundred pounds on her. He musta been so scared. 34
I know it's annoying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-iVupZcdI

That's really hard to watch.

It must be so frustrating to have video of some of this and the cops are still sided with in a court of law, to basically be told you deserved it. Jesus.
I just spent 25 minutes that I can never get back watching youtube videos. I was looking for something to balance out the thread...a cop saving a cat or something. I saw a few but nothing worth posting. This, however, was cool. GOOD DOGGY!!!! It's not near as "graphic" as the warnings would have you believe.

Commando Cunt Queen
I can tell you the police that I have dealt with on the job at work, they will come in for various reasons are very much one of us. They are shiftworkers, hardworkers, have families and when they come to talk to us even have a sense of humour. One time they were coming to question someone for possession, and I said that's the guy there, and directed him to my boss. It's that kinda place where you can have a joke now and then.
(12-07-2014, 03:54 PM)sally Wrote: Another scumbag cop, at least they actually charged this one with a felony.

If that video is legit, that SOB COP certainly deserves to have the book thrown at him!

He had no justification for that brutality!!! (No grand jury required here!)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

It's legit, Cars. This is a different video that tells more of the story.