Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fuck the Police....
(12-06-2014, 06:25 AM)Duchess Wrote: A New York police officer who shot a man dead in a Brooklyn housing project texted his union before calling 911, a new report has revealed.

Akai Gurley, 28, was gunned down November 20 by rookie cop Peter Liang. The officer then texted his union representative before calling paramedics to tend to the dying Gurley, sources told the New York Daily News.

Liang fired one shot, then he and his partner went radio silent for more than six minutes, according to the paper. A 911 operator who knew the duo was in the building was even unable to reach them during their minutes off-the-grid.

"That's showing negligence," a law enforcement source told the Daily News. "The guy is dying and you still haven't called it in?"

Story

[Image: Akai-Gurley_Peter-Liang.jpg]
Former NYPD Officer Peter Liang (right) was convicted of the manslaughter of Akai Gurley (left) yesterday. He faces up to 15 years in prison when he's sentenced on April 4th. Liang was fired from the NYPD yesterday after his conviction.

Liang shot into the dark when he he was startled by a noise (instead of shining his light), he told the jury. He and his partner argued over who would call in the 'shot fired' because Liang was afraid of getting booted from the force. He said he was then surprised to discover that he'd hit someone and explained that he didn't assist Akai Gurley's girlfriend who was frantically trying to revive Akai as he was bleeding to death in the stairway because he (Liang) thought it would be better to wait for the paramedics...

Liang brings to mind Timothy Loehmann, the jittery, emotional, low-performing, once-rejected cop who shot Tamir Rice to death in Clevleland. Better training (and partners) might have prevented both rookies from killing, without assessment before shooting or providing aid after shooting. But, I think stricter screening of police candidates probably would have been a safer bet. In my opinion, neither Liang nor Loehmann seems to have had the maturity and temperament to be a police officer, especially a patrol officer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/akai-gurley-...-shooting/
Former NYPD Officer Peter Liang ^ , convicted of the manslaughter of Akai Gurley, apologized to Gurley's girlfriend and family in court today.

Kim Ballinger, the mom of Gurley's 3-year-old daughter Akaila, was with Gurley when he was wrongly shot and left unattended by Liang and his partner. She had a private five-minute meeting with a remorseful Liang at the offices of Brooklyn District Attorney Kenneth Thompson today.

Though he faces 15 years in prison at his sentencing on April 14, the D.A. is instead requesting 500 hours of community service, five years probation and six months of home confinement for Liang.

Gurley's family and protesters lashed out at the D.A. today; they believe Liang should spend some time behind bars.

Liang is the first NYPD officer convicted of an on-the-job death in over 10 years. He may be the first to issue an apology to the victims despite the fact that civil litigation is pending against him. His attorney, Paul Shectman, said the apology transcended the legal process: "If somebody were to lose a criminal case or a civil case because they're sorry, then there's something wrong with us."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...-1.2576242
DC Firefighter placed on administrative duty after posting on Facebook Wednesday.

This was before Dallas, btw.

Story

WASHINGTON - A D.C. firefighter is under investigation for inflammatory posts he made on Facebook in response to the fatal police shooting of a 37-year-old black man in Louisiana.

Sources told FOX 5’s Paul Wagner that D.C. police were informed about the posts made Wednesday on the Facebook page of firefighter Norman Brooks and reported it to D.C. Fire and EMS.

[Image: DCFirefighterFBPosts2_1467839821508_1517...40_360.jpg]

[Image: norman-brooks-1.jpg]

[Image: DCFirefighterFBPosts_1467839824036_15177...40_360.jpg]

The posts on Brooks’ Facebook page were later deleted.

Brooks is a 9-year veteran of the D.C. Fire and EMS Department and works at Engine 23 in Foggy Bottom on the campus of George Washington University.

D.C. Fire and EMS spokesperson Doug Buchanan said in a statement:

"The matter involving Mr. Norman Brooks was brought to the attention of the DC Fire & EMS Department this afternoon by law enforcement officials investigating this matter. Immediately upon learning of the allegations, Norman Brooks was placed on Administrative Duty pending the outcome of the law enforcement investigation as well as an internal review by the DC Fire & EMS Department. Norman Brooks has been with the Department since 2007."

FOX 5's Tisha Lewis spoke with Brooks later on Wednesday and he explained why he wrote the posts on his page.

“First and foremost, I don’t condone any cops being hurt or anything like that,” he said. “My post was in regard to something that happened in Baton Rouge, Louisiana this morning where what appeared to be two rogue cops shot a man who was on the ground pinned by police in cold blood. Amongst many things that have been happening in this country over the past couple of years, all of these police officers have been walking. I do not condone any violence against any good, innocent people, cops or whatever.

“All I’m saying is that if anybody, whether it is a criminal cop or a criminal person, tries to attack you or makes you feel some sort of way inside your own community, you have a right as an American citizen to defend yourself. And that is all I put in my Facebook status. Anyone else who received that differently, then I don’t know what to tell you because I have never committed a crime in my life. I love my people and I said what I got to say.”

Brooks said he is frustrated by the lack of punishment for officers in other police-involved shooting incidents of black men across the country.

“All I am saying is that if a person off the street commits a crime, they are punished for it,” Brooks said. “These people are not being punished. I don’t wish any harm on any innocent people or anyone in that instance. That is what my post is about. Maybe I used strong language, but that is just what it is. These events are starting to affect me, my family and my friends. And if you are a black person out there or just a concerned American, and you are not concerned about it, I feel sorry for you.”

Brooks said he apologizes if he offended anyone with his social media comments, but told us he has done nothing wrong, hasn't broken any laws and was just acting on his freedom of speech.

Brooks also said he could have "used a couple better choice words" when it came to his thoughts on Facebook. But when asked if he regrets making the posts, he responded, “I reacted as soon as I saw that video and as soon as I read what happened. It was a reaction to a horrific event. I’m pretty sure a lot of people when they saw 911 happen, they made some very strong statements about a lot of people. I’m sure they would take those back maybe somewhat if they were given a chance to think about it again. All I am saying is that I am a man reacting to the horrific things that are happening to my people in this country. I have no ill will to police officers."

The black community is sick to death of this shit and they have every right to be. I was saddened to read of what went down overnight in Dallas but I wasn't surprised and I don't expect that will be the end of it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-08-2016, 12:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The black community is sick to death of this shit and they have every right to be. I was saddened to read of what went down overnight in Dallas but I wasn't surprised and I don't expect that will be the end of it.

I totally agree with this......and to compound the problem, the cop is usually found to be in adherence with police directive and training....their actions (killing while Black) are usually ruled as justified.....There needs to be a completely objective specially appointed panel of Judges to determine this.....more fuel added to the fire, more unrest, and divisiveness, more pointing the finger......it is Obama's fault, no, it is Hillary's fault.....always someone else's fault.

We take no personal responsibility for what a become the wild, wild West, although worse, as we don't know whether the white hats are worn by the good guys and black hats worn by the bad guys anymore.....we are clueless. our gun violence culture was created by all of us who live in the society...If you sit back and say nothing, you are just as much to blame as the person who perpetuates the crime.....

Why do we allow this chaos and killing each other every day.....Those were innocent cops trying to do their jobs, but then you have bad cops killing innocent people every day and the majority of us say nothing.......since the victim is very often Black, only the Blacks say anything so very soon, everyone just ignores what they are saying cause it doesn't affect them.....have you ever thought about what it must be like to know that because of your color, you have a higher risk of dying while driving.....

We are no longer a United country.....and we will indeed, continue to destroy mankind with this behavior, until we can all get along and live with each other's strangeness, and uniqueness. We need to try to understand each other....I am talking about me....I know I am opinionated and am quick to label anyone I disagree with "a dang Republican," My mother was a staunch Repub, but we had fun with it. I don't know why I received a White House picture of George Bush Sr and his wife Babs, but i signed it as Pres Bush and thanked Ruby (my mother's name) for all of her support over the years....the following Christmas, she wrapped it up and gave it back to me and thanking me for converting to the Republican party....I still have that picture and the moving truck will be here on Monday.....for one second, I debated whether to put that in the "throw away" box, but decided I had to keep it so in the packing box it goes....

There will still be those who will continue to support the cops regardless of cirumstances, but really, it is not about taking sides.....there are bad apples on both sides.....those who kill innocent people with little or no provocation, need to be held accountable......

Well, like I said, moving truck will be here Monday so I must go and finish packing....ugh.......one final thought...I believe the social media is very much a cause of so much hate and inciting violent behavior......the hate displayed on social media is brutal........and there is a Pres candidate who contributes to this IMO......and it is not a woman.....