Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Woodstoves
The EPA has just worked up a new regulation saying that if you own a woodstove you will be forced to buy a new more "environmentally safe" one. I know that if I burned my woodstove for 10 yrs it would not even dent the environmental impact that one flight a Politician takes on a jet airplane. Will you comply? I know I sure as hell won't!
EPA overreach that I call a reach around. This does not affect a single person that owns a mansion but does surely put a hardship on people that rely on wood for heating and cooking in rural areas. I really hope this gets tossed in the trash. Because I can just visualize the trouble this will lead to.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-07-2015, 10:23 AM)Maggot Wrote: Will you comply?

If I had a wood stove, no, I would not comply. How do they intend to enforce that, enter homes to check it out? Fuck that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I wood tell them to fuck off

MS, weigh in on this. I have a reason for wanting to read your opinion.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think if I had a wood stove I'd wait until I was forced into replacing it.

However, I don't disagree with the logic behind the law, but as Maggot said, it's gonna hurt the low income families that can least afford to spend money on this.
When I was a kid our neighborhood would rake their leaves into a pile and burn them. That is all changed and now they are collected and composted at central location where residents are welcome to get fertilizer, made from those leaves. Batteries, CRTs, TVs, Computers, are by law, the residents responsibility to take to the recycling center. Its not voluntary; it's the law. Some laws nake sense others are a farce. I see this wood stove law like the seat belt law. Big gov't control over our lives. It will be as hard to enforce as prohibition was but I don't doubt the possibility of gov't agents tromping through the woods to enforce it the way they looked for moonshiners. Without well meaning goody good-doers we all would be lost in our own otherwise, happy lives.
I would think something like that would only apply for new construction or remodels where you have to get a permit. Like when we remodeled our house the city wouldn't let us put in the new windows without buying stupid hurricane shutters to fit over them. The damn things were a fortune and we never used them once, they've been sitting at my husband's shop for the past 10 years. But that was for a new construction, they couldn't just force everyone to buy them. That would be ridiculous.