Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2015
(03-03-2015, 08:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

OMG. They traded Shady to the Bills.

I was wondering what your reaction would be.

The got a LB that was out all of last year due to injury.

Interesting.
(03-03-2015, 10:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I was wondering what your reaction would be.

I thought it was a joke at first. Shock was my first reaction. I'm more concerned with what is going on with Jeremy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Latest rumor is they picked up Matt Cassell too.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Ohmaigods. I thought you meant Philly did. I could not move fast enough to find it confirmed. Whew.
Haha sorry. Gotta hand it to the Bills: first time they've been talked about this much in the off season since Kelly retired.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

They were my favorite team when I was young, the first NFL team I felt something for and then they kept losing Super Bowls. I've only been a fan of them and the Eagles. The last I was a fan was when I lost a bet and had to wear something that said "I'm a loser just like the Buffalo Bills". That was it, I was done. hah
I'm not happy about the McCoy trade.

[Image: 57369577.jpg]
Apparently neither is McCoy.
(03-04-2015, 09:27 PM)Cutz Wrote: I'm not happy about the McCoy trade.

[Image: 57369577.jpg]
Frees up A LOT of space for FA. I don't like it it either and i'm sure Shady doesn't because the Bills O line sucks and isn't suited for his running style, but hey, we need to move forward and look at what's out there. Ingram would make a nice fit with Sproles and I believe Mr. Suh would look good in midnight green.

Nobody is safe...just like Game of Thrones.
(03-05-2015, 12:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Nobody is safe...just like Game of Thrones.
Make em earn that money!
Our local Vikings radio play by play guy says the Eagles will go hard after DeMarco.
(03-05-2015, 05:46 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Our local Vikings radio play by play guy says the Eagles will go hard after DeMarco.
I'm thinking Chip is looking at the draft, but anything is possible. Gurly is a beast if he's available, but David Johnson fits our scheme better.
(03-05-2015, 05:46 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Our local Vikings radio play by play guy says the Eagles will go hard after DeMarco.

DeMarco Murray? Woooo.
Why? Did he play for the Ducks too?
(03-05-2015, 06:08 PM)Donovan Wrote: Why? Did he play for the Ducks too?
Manning took a 4 mil paycut to play next year. You think your boys have a shot next year?

I sorta wish I weren't so interested in what's going on right now, I'd check out until it was time to go to training camp. There seems to be so much drama and people losing their minds, grown men damn near sobbing and posting I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER EAGLES JERSEY. NEVER! Lots of talking shit about Coach Kelly and a lot of what Donovan just referenced - Ducks.

I get a little emotionally invested with some of these guys. Right now I'm preparing myself for them to let Jeremy walk. Todd is getting married next month and he just lost his job. Love my O-line, love my defense, but I love winning above all else. I want to celebrate a Super Bowl victory in South Philly before I'm too old to be in a crowd that size.
No, not really. With free agency getting ready to gut the key players they're gonna rely on him even more to get them to the playoffs and I don't think Peyton gives a crap about another ring. One more would be nice, but I've seen the guy run out of gas too many years in a row. Four million is nothing to him, and it's in the form of incentives in case he somehow manages to make it back to the big game.

Denver's best shots were the last two years and they blew it both times. They'll slide back to the middle of the pack for a minute while they rebuild under Kubiak.

ETA: this post was directed at BG before Duchess jumped in there.
(03-05-2015, 06:33 PM)Donovan Wrote: No, not really. With free agency getting ready to gut the key players they're gonna rely on him even more to get them to the playoffs and I don't think Peyton gives a crap about another ring. One more would be nice, but I've seen the guy run out of gas too many years in a row. Four million is nothing to him, and it's in the form of incentives in case he somehow manages to make it back to the big game.

Denver's best shots were the last two years and they blew it both times. They'll slide back to the middle of the pack for a minute while they rebuild under Kubiak.

ETA: this post was directed at BG before Duchess jumped in there.
Yeah I know 4 mil isn't a big deal for him, but I heard some talk the other day that it may be used as a precedent for QB pay cuts moving forward so I thought it was pertinent. And if he isn't doing it for a ring, why put your body through all the punnishment? I know many would say "for the love of the game", but I have to think a shot at another ring has to be in the back of his head and part of his decision to stay one more year. Which brings me to my next question... You think he should have retired?
(03-05-2015, 06:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I sorta wish I weren't so interested in what's going on right now, I'd check out until it was time to go to training camp. There seems to be so much drama and people losing their minds, grown men damn near sobbing and posting I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER EAGLES JERSEY. NEVER! Lots of talking shit about Coach Kelly and a lot of what Donovan just referenced - Ducks.

I get a little emotionally invested with some of these guys. Right now I'm preparing myself for them to let Jeremy walk. Todd is getting married next month and he just lost his job. Love my O-line, love my defense, but I love winning above all else. I want to celebrate a Super Bowl victory in South Philly before I'm too old to be in a crowd that size.
Sing it sistah Blowing-kisses