Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tammy Meyers - Las Vegas Mother Murdered
It's all bullshit. We have to have 10 hours of night driving here too. But I still wouldn't be giving a driving lesson that late. On a school night. There is a lot more to this story than we've been told.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I've taken my niece out to practice driving at night later than that (she has a permit).

But I think there's obviously more to the story too.

On a related note -- a friend of the family started a GoFundMe page right after the incident. When the police released new details, donators felt swindled and the page was shutdown (and the donations refunded).

Mr. Meyers posted there that he wasn't being fraudulent, he only passed on what he was told. Well, what he and police were told came from his children, so...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/las-vegas-road-...d=29073108
I am curious who stated this whole driving lesson story? That point seemed off from the very beginning.

There was also a story going around that the daughter had "relations" with this kid. lol So the plot thickens.

HOD I read in a different article that the "husband" stated he was told by the police to not speak about this suspect in public, I have to find that article. All of their lies and stories it is hard to keep up with who said what and when. lol

Duchess I think this is the FIRST TIME I have ever disagreed with you, as much as this family lied I still feel badly for the mother who lost her life. This punk as drug dealer drove to her house, went on her property and shot at them. If he was fearful for his safety I don't think he would have gotten out of the car he was in. I think he is a punk ass wannabe thug. This skinny ass punk is probably doing well as a bitch in prison. As much as I disagree, I still respect your opinion. Blowing-kisses
The person I do feel bad for, is the mother of this punk kid. She looks so distraught and seemed to be trying to work to support her family.
(02-27-2015, 01:07 PM)LytoMe Wrote: Duchess I think this is the FIRST TIME I have ever disagreed with you, as much as this family lied I still feel badly for the mother who lost her life. This punk as drug dealer drove to her house, went on her property and shot at them. If he was fearful for his safety I don't think he would have gotten out of the car he was in. I think he is a punk ass wannabe thug. This skinny ass punk is probably doing well as a bitch in prison. As much as I disagree, I still respect your opinion. Blowing-kisses

Ha! Disagreeing is good. If y'all thought the way I do and agreed with everything I would be bored out of my mind. Sometimes I say shit just to try and get people fired up but a number of Mockers have my number by now and just ignore me. Awink

I question the dead mother's judgement in a big way. I'm only going by what I have read so far. If you take your gun and go looking for someone I don't want to hear about you crying foul when someone responds in kind.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

This was published on the 14th and updated on the 17th. I especially love the offer the family made of a fully restored car in exchange for info. 78

LAS VEGAS (KSNV My News 3) — Police have made no arrests yet in the death of a woman shot outside her house Thursday night in what officials believe was road rage.

The family of the victim, Tammy Meyers, 44, is offering a fully-restored 1965 Chevrolet El Camino to whomever comes forward with information that leads to an arrest.

A candlelight vigil in memory of Meyers will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Johnson Junior High School, 7701 Ducharme Ave.

The Clark County coroner's office announced Monday that Meyers died from a gunshot would to the head. The death was ruled a homicide.

Tammy Meyers' husband, Robert Meyers, is demanding the suspects or suspects surrender to police before they get into even more trouble. "My word to them is I hope the cops find them first and it's not me. I have four kids. I just want to let you suspects know you took a mom away." Meyers was shot in front of her home and in front of her children.

The shooting occurred just after 11:20 p.m. Thursday near Alta Drive and Cimarron Road, according to Metro Lt. Eric Lloyd. Meyers had been giving her teenage daughter a driving lesson in a parking lot at a nearby high school. She took over driving to get back home. "My daughter was sitting in the passenger seat and this, all I got, my wife came out of a parking lot doing the speed limit," Meyers said.

At some point, they got into an altercation with a driver of another vehicle. Meyers started driving home slowly and was being followed. She allowed the vehicle to pass, but the car slammed its brakes.

Meyers went around the vehicle and headed home. "She does an evasive move. Goes all the way home. He follows my wife home. My daughter runs in the house and he shoots my wife."

Robert Meyers said his son came out with a shotgun and fired back at the suspect vehicle, which had three occupants.

Tammy Meyers was taken to UMC in very critical condition. She was removed from life support Saturday evening. She died moments later, surrounded by family members.

Detectives with Metro's Violent Crimes Section are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying and locating the vehicle and occupants involved in the incident.

The vehicle is described as a four-door gray or silver sedan and may possibly have damage to the front driver’s side of the vehicle. It is also possible the car may have impact rounds from gunfire.

One of the occupants of the vehicle is described as a white adult male, approximately 25 years old. He is about 6-feet and 180 pounds. He has dirty blonde hair worn in a spiked style and has hazel or blue eyes.

Anyone with any information about the identity or whereabouts of this individual, the vehicle, or any other information about this incident is urged to contact Metro's Violent Crimes Section at (702) 828-5634.

Story
And SO MANY questions Duchess that we don't have the facts about, like Why did she get her son, Did the Mom know the son had a gun, Did she tell him to grab it, etc? Is freaking horrible that every story that has come out thus far, there is a second to contradict it. SO WTF are you to believe?!

Everyday something different comes out, this is why this case has me going. What is the FACTUAL fucking story?!?!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/arti...-baby.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-test.html

FOUND THESE 2 ARTICLES, interesting finds.
(02-27-2015, 01:07 PM)LytoMe Wrote: HOD I read in a different article that the "husband" stated he was told by the police to not speak about this suspect in public, I have to find that article. All of their lies and stories it is hard to keep up with who said what and when. lol

I sure hope the police told him not to talk about the suspect while the investigation and charges are pending.

The fact that the Meyers family didn't tell the media early on that they knew the suspect isn't an issue or question.

However, they sure as hell should have told the police. Instead, they chose to withhold that important information from officers investigating the death of their wife/mom -- that's straight from the captain's mouth and Mr. Meyers admitted it. So, I understand why many people feel that Tammy Meyers and her family are partly responsible for the killing and are suspicious of the family.

This might be the interview you referenced:

I don't think the Meyers family's fucked-uppery justifies piece-of-shit Nowsch (and/or his accomplices) shooting Tammy Meyers to death in her driveway, though. Just like she should have called the police earlier in the evening if she felt endangered by Nowsch and company, Nowsch and company could have called police or driven straight to the police station if they felt endangered by the Meyers instead of following them back home and shooting it out. He's no victim, in my opinion.
(02-27-2015, 02:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 01:07 PM)LytoMe Wrote: HOD I read in a different article that the "husband" stated he was told by the police to not speak about this suspect in public, I have to find that article. All of their lies and stories it is hard to keep up with who said what and when. lol

I sure hope the police told him not to talk about the suspect while the investigation and charges are pending.

The fact that the Meyers family didn't tell the media early on that the family knew the suspect isn't an issue or question.

However, they sure as hell should have told the police. Instead, they chose to withhold that important information from officers investigating the death of their wife/mom -- that's straight from the captain's mouth and Mr. Meyers admitted it. So, I understand why many people feel that Tammy Meyers and her family are partly responsible for the killing and are suspicious of the family.

I don't think the Meyers family's fucked-uppery justifies piece-of-shit Nowsch (and/or his accomplices) shooting Tammy Meyers to death in her driveway, though. Just like she should have called the police earlier in the evening if she felt endangered by Nowsch and company, Nowsch and company could have driven straight to the police station if they felt endangered by the Meyers instead of following them back home and shooting it out. He's no victim, in my opinion.

HONESTLY, as I do agree that this could have been avoided. It just pisses me off, and makes me so sick that this NOWSCH thug punk is being made the victim. When he pulled the trigger just as the son of the mother did.

And this new question, gun residue on mother's hands, WHAT? Are they literally STUPID? She was in the hospital after the shooting, and the fact that she was in the hospital and on life support. Her hands and body were cleaned and no residue to my knowledge would even be on her at this time.

I feel like everything that family has done will work in the shooter's favor. I don't know the law at all so these are only guesses but it appears to me that the woman made the initial threat, she got someone with a gun to go looking for the kid and all the lies sure don't help them.
(02-28-2015, 07:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel like everything that family has done will work in the shooter's favor. I don't know the law at all so these are only guesses but it appears to me that the woman made the initial threat, she got someone with a gun to go looking for the kid and all the lies sure don't help them.

If we go back to the initial reason i.e. why she was mad enough to go get her son and drop her daughter off. Then I think the family has more of a leg to stand on. But just like you have said they have lied so much, whosent storis actually mesh. The son and daughters, suspects and daughter or the son and suspect. We all know the father is an emotional mess that needs to back away from the media. They are running with every word he says.
(02-27-2015, 02:19 PM)LytoMe Wrote: HONESTLY, as I do agree that this could have been avoided. It just pisses me off, and makes me so sick that this NOWSCH thug punk is being made the victim. When he pulled the trigger just as the son of the mother did.

It looks like Nowsch's attorney is contemplating strategies to position him as the ultimate victim.

The attorney previously stated that Nowsch was acting in self-defense.

Now, it's being reported that Nowsch's father was abusive and that Nowsch has a brain injury resulting from that abuse; a brain injury that might have contributed to his actions the night that Tammy Meyers was killed. The emotional effects of his father's suicide are also being tossed about as possible contributors to Nowsch's violent action.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...fense.html
Nowsch's lawyer is trying to blame others for his actions. That is extremely disturbing that they are claiming a brain injury from years ago. Hope they have medical proof that this indeed happened. This "injury" happened in 1996?

And I am sorry the act of self defense is not going on someones property and shooting them. When it has been stated that he shot first, this will be hard to prove this theory, which is WHY I think he is pulling this other defense of a brain injury 19 years ago.

I am sorry I do not feel sorry for this gang banger he has asked for trouble, we probably will never know what happened up until the point he was on their property shooting. But the bottom line is this, the bullet from his gun hit Meyers in the head that resulted in her death. THEN IF it was in fact self defense turning yourself in, not fleeing the scene would have been the smarter choice. Instead took off and hide. Then when he was found, barricaded himself into his house smoking pot (mocking the PD in my opinion). This is not a person who is innocent, or suffering from a brain injury. He knew what he was doing.

I could go on and on about this punk ass wanna be!!!
Typical defense strategies.

Sadly, in this case, the actions of the Meyers family and the fatal victim herself give Nowsch and his attorney a better chance of successfully selling those strategies to a jury, if the case goes to trial.

Personally, I don't think Nowsch is gonna get off scot free because Tammy Meyers and her son pursued him or because he reportedly suffered a head injury way back when. But, under the circumstances, I could see those factors possibly resulting in a lesser-charges conviction or plea deal down the line.
(03-04-2015, 12:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Typical defense strategies.

Sadly, in this case, the actions of the Meyers family and the fatal victim herself give Nowsch and his attorney a better chance of successfully selling those strategies to a jury, if the case goes to trial.

Personally, I don't think Nowsch is gonna get off scot free because Tammy Meyers and her son pursued him or because he reportedly suffered a head injury way back when. But, under the circumstances, I could see those factors possibly resulting in a lesser-charges conviction or plea deal down the line.

Been working in Defense Law for 6 years, lol, I know the tricks. Do I agree with some NOT AT ALL, but there are a few that are actually victims.

I have to agree with the Plea Deal, this kid does not stand a chance at trial. The prosecutors are going to show the pictures of him, bring his gang banging friends in to testify (I am sure to get a charge dropped) and the fact the women was unarmed is a huge factor.

What I would love to read is the statements that night from the daughter and the son. They would have been interviewed separately, and this was not released to the public. The words the night of the offense are always the key! People are usually scared, and tend to tell the truth not knowing this case would blow up.

If she hadn't gone looking for him with a gun she'd still be alive. That's pretty much my bottom line.
Not that there isn't plenty to question in this case, but the "time" of the driving lesson isn't all that unusual for Vegas. It isn't like other communities that close down, Vegas is buzzing 24-7 and it isn't at all unusual to see people out at all hours. Hell, with the lights the downtown and strip is as bright as day anyway. Plus, the desert can be exceedingly hot during the day, even in what the rest of us call winter. Not at all unusual to be actually TOO damn hot to go out before 10 or 11 at night.. That's really the only part of the story that didn't strike me as odd.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-04-2015, 03:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:

If she hadn't gone looking for him with a gun she'd still be alive. That's pretty much my bottom line.

Did she know her son grabbed the gun? Was this something the police were told? Or was this a family member?

I have found that the facts of that night are all misconstrued.
In Vegas everybody has guns. Hell I had a couple. That's why the joint didn't burn down during the riots years ago.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-04-2015, 03:48 PM)LytoMe Wrote: Did she know her son grabbed the gun?

Does it matter? Seriously. Didn't her daughter say her mother sent her into the house to get her brother? That's not something a mother who is afraid for her kids does. A mother who is afraid for herself and her children does not put them in danger, which she did. My impression of this, from what has been reported, is that the mother instigated a confrontation. I don't have feelings of pity nor sorrow for her and her kids. It's too bad she's dead, she should have made better decisions.