Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tammy Meyers - Las Vegas Mother Murdered
2/18/15 - LAS VEGAS (AP) -- A Las Vegas mother of four was fatally shot last week after she tracked down the man who had confronted her during an earlier road rage incident, police said Tuesday.

In a change from earlier accounts, police Lt. Ray Steiber said that Tammy Meyers, 44, had gone with her armed son to find the driver who had earlier stopped his car in front of hers, gotten out and approached her with angry words. Initially, police had said they believed the shooter followed Meyers home.

"Mrs. Meyers is scared, but she's upset," Steiber said, adding that the intent appeared to be "so they can find who frightened them on the roadway."

"I would never say that anybody went looking for trouble," Steiber said when asked to characterize Tammy Meyers' five- to 10-minute drive through the neighborhood. He said she found, and for a time followed, the vehicle she had apparently been looking for.

Tammy Meyers then drove home, Steiber said, where a vehicle described only as a four-door gray or silver sedan pulled up and someone inside opened fire.

"Unfortunately I cannot say what was in Tammy's mind," the police lieutenant said. "Tammy is the victim."

Steiber said the initial road rage incident happened while Tammy Myers drove slowly home from a school parking lot, where she had been teaching her teenage daughter to drive.

Steiber said the daughter told police a car sped up to them from behind and then pulled alongside. The daughter reached over from the passenger seat and honked the car horn at the car as it passed.

"She figured this person was speeding, and right or wrong, they needed to be corrected," Steiber said of the girl, who he said is 15. "She honked the horn."

Steiber pointed to a police artist's sketch of a man sought for questioning. He said the man is believed to be in his mid-20s with blond hair and blue or hazel eyes, and was wearing a V-neck T-shirt.

"All indications to us are that this unknown person fired first," Steiber said. He said Brandon Meyers returned fire.

Tammy Meyers was behind her son, Steiber said.

Tammy Meyers was wounded in the head and died Saturday after being taken off life support at University Medical Center. Friends planned a vigil Tuesday evening in the cul-de-sac in a middle-class neighborhood about 5 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.

Husband Robert Meyers, who was in Southern California at the time of the shooting, said Friday that his son, Brandon Meyers, told him he believed there were three people in the car and his shots with a 9mm handgun hit the car at least once.

Steiber said no suspects have been identified or arrested.

Despite earlier police accounts, Steiber said homicide detectives don't believe the suspect's car and Meyers' green Buick Park Avenue sedan ever collided, or that the suspect initially followed Meyers and her daughter home.

No one in the Meyers family called police until after the shooting, Steiber said, and the gun that Brandon Meyers used was properly registered.

This was the FIRST article of MANY to come, I would just like to find out the THOUGHTS of others on this site. This case has me intrigued.
Up to Date Information on this case. It literally makes me sick the things people are saying about this women. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...years.html
(02-26-2015, 11:34 AM)LytoMe Wrote: This was the FIRST article of MANY to come, I would just like to find out the THOUGHTS of others on this site. This case has me intrigued.

I've been following this and I now believe she played a role in her own death. I think she was a fool and because the story has changed on an almost daily basis I can no longer believe a word her family says. She went looking for trouble and she found it. Too bad she died but women who are intent on protecting themselves and their families do not go about it in the manner she did.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
IMO I think the Family went about it the wrong way, they knew all along who did this and why. I think the Police knew who did this all along, but didn't know the driver at the time.

People are so quick to speak to the Press and Public, while LE are trying to do their jobs efficiently.

Their running to the press immediately telling different stories I think is going to hurt their case, if they would have kept their mouths shut they would have a better case against this idiot of a kid.

I don't believe she was into drugs herself honestly, but I do believe she knew it was this kid and was fed up with his actions. So many stories, and so many ways this could go.
Good to see you LytoMe.

We'd been covering this story in the GUNS thread, but it makes sense to have a dedicated thread for it.

Just for reference, here's the link to the original discussion over there with some Mockers' opinions about the crime, starting at post #1567: http://mockforums.net/showthread.php?tid=9426&page=112
(02-26-2015, 12:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Good to see you LytoMe.

We'd been covering this story in the GUNS thread, but it makes sense to have a dedicated thread for it.

Just for reference, here's the link to the original discussion over there with some Mockers' opinions about the crime, starting at post #1567: http://mockforums.net/showthread.php?tid=9426&page=112

Well Thank you! Blowing-kisses

Its frustrating to read all these news reports on this case, and EVERYONE of them is different. Different version of events, Different players of the game, etc. I mean I literally had to search for them bringing in another suspect. (the tall blonde guy)

Its interesting to read the comments now, after all the stories have changed and an arrest honestly.

So tell me HOD, what are your thoughts now that a suspect has been arrested?

If these people truly felt justified in doing what they did I don't think they would have resorted to lying.
I knew the moment this story broke that there was way more to it than what was being reported. I assumed a love triangle.
(02-26-2015, 12:28 PM)LytoMe Wrote: So tell me HOD, what are your thoughts now that a suspect has been arrested?

I haven't seen where police have arrested a second suspect yet, LytoMe? Last I read, they were still seeking him and possibly a third suspect who was a passenger.

Anyway, I don't believe this was a road rage incident between people who happened to know each other. I think it was either an on-going dispute that prompted the shoot-out between the suspect and the Meyers, or the shoot-out was the result of a drug-related incident that went down in the park that night.

Predictably, the suspect is claiming self-defense. The fact that Tammy Meyers didn't call police and instead took her son out with a gun to confront the suspect gives his defense attorney a lot to work with on that front. The fact that the Meyers family withheld information from LE and told different stories also obviously works in the suspect's favor.

Personally, I think the suspect seems like a piece of shit. I don't know about the Meyers' family character, but their word is shot to hell by their changing stories.

[Image: 150224_gma_gibson_16x9t_384.jpg]
^Tammy Meyers, shot to death; ^Erich Nowsch, charged with murder of Tammy Meyers

There's a preliminary hearing set for March 10th. Unless it gets waived and the case goes straight to a secret grand jury, we should learn more about the evidence against 19-year-old Erich Nowsch at that time.
(02-26-2015, 02:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 12:28 PM)LytoMe Wrote: So tell me HOD, what are your thoughts now that a suspect has been arrested?

I haven't seen where police have arrested a second suspect yet, LytoMe? Last I read, they were still seeking him and possibly a third suspect who was a passenger.[/b]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-four.html

Took some digging like before, but I found this article by mistake. The second person taken into custody looks like the description of the driver.

What is hard for me to grasp is a couple things, because the LE have not really commented that I have seen. Did the family withhold evidence from the LE or just the public? Did they tell the LE everything, I don't think we are sure on this one.

I know when we defend a client, we tell them and to tell their family DO NOT give out this or this to let on what is actually going on behind the scenes.

The drug deal gone bad, since this person (can't call him a man or a child he is like in between haha) has a reputation of drug deals it is easy to say this was a drug deal gone bad. BUT playing devils advocate, what if she was the caring person and loving mother they said she was not the person receiving the drugs. AND he was aiming at the son (who could have been the drug recipient).

I just HATE HATE to see this idiot of a person claiming self defense. He is not going to fair well in jail, and that kinda makes me chuckle. Hard outside of jail, but just a little bitch in jail. Emotefm

LOVE having a case to bounce off people!!
(02-26-2015, 03:22 PM)LytoMe Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 02:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

I haven't seen where police have arrested a second suspect yet, LytoMe? Last I read, they were still seeking him and possibly a third suspect who was a passenger.[/b]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-four.html

Took some digging like before, but I found this article by mistake. The second person taken into custody looks like the description of the driver.

What is hard for me to grasp is a couple things, because the LE have not really commented that I have seen. Did the family withhold evidence from the LE or just the public? Did they tell the LE everything, I don't think we are sure on this one.

I know when we defend a client, we tell them and to tell their family DO NOT give out this or this to let on what is actually going on behind the scenes.

The drug deal gone bad, since this person (can't call him a man or a child he is like in between haha) has a reputation of drug deals it is easy to say this was a drug deal gone bad. BUT playing devils advocate, what if she was the caring person and loving mother they said she was not the person receiving the drugs. AND he was aiming at the son (who could have been the drug recipient).
I just HATE HATE to see this idiot of a person claiming self defense. He is not going to fair well in jail, and that kinda makes me chuckle. Hard outside of jail, but just a little bitch in jail. Emotefm

LOVE having a case to bounce off people!!
She went home to get her son and his gun. If she loved her son, she had a pretty jacked up way of showing it.
I worded completely wrong. What I did mean was that I didn't think she was this terrible person who was a drug addict lunatic. As they are now portraying her. And that this shooter was shooting her in self defense on her own property.
(02-26-2015, 03:49 PM)LytoMe Wrote: I worded completely wrong. What I did mean was that I didn't think she was this terrible person who was a drug addict lunatic. As they are now portraying her. And that this shooter was shooting her in self defense on her own property.
I would lean towards her being an addict. Going home to get her son and his gun was a really bad decision. One that a normal, compitent, loving parent would not make. She went looking for trouble. She found it, and in the process put her son's future and life into jeopardy.

I feel the whole family has been disingenuous and that turned me off, I question everything they say now when I hear about it or read about it. I'm giving them the stink eye.
Suspect has all the visual characteristics of a meth head, I'd bet it comes out there was an attempted score involved.
Thanks for the info regarding the second suspect, LytoMe I haven't seen it reported anywhere except in that Daily Mail article you posted. I wonder what's going on with the quietness surrounding him.

The Meyers family definitely did not tell police that they knew the suspect. They intentionally withheld that information from the police -- it is a huge black mark against their credibility, in my opinion.

Las Vegas Police Capt. Chris Tomaino made a public statement acknowledging that no one in the family told police that they knew the suspect. Police only found that out when Nowsch was about to be arrested. After Capt. Tomain made that statement, Mr. Meyers told the media that he kept that critical information from the police because he feared for his family's safety (and then he told them about how his wife was a mentor to Nowsch and spent countless hours trying to help him).

Refs:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/us/las-veg...e-killing/
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-las-...story.html
Am I the only one that finds it odd that the mother was giving this driving lesson around 10-11 PM?

I don't think that lil' hoodrat deserves all the blame for this. Matter of fact, at this point I favor him over the lying family. I hope he has a good attorney.
(02-26-2015, 10:17 PM)Duchess Wrote: Am I the only one that finds it odd that the mother was giving this driving lesson around 10-11 PM?

No. I wouldn't take my kids out driving then. In the dark.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
It's not really weird to me that someone would be teaching a student driver at night; 10 hours of supervised night driving is required to get a license here in California (Nevada too, I think).

But, Tammy Meyers wasn't a driver's ed teacher AFAIK and her daughter didn't have a permit, so she was technically breaking the law putting her daughter behind the wheel.

Anyway, I don't think fulfilling driver's license prerequisites or off-the-radar driver's ed was on the agenda that night, personally.

In combination with the changing stories from the family and the fact that the daughter was driving at night at the park where Nowsch is reportedly known to peddle pills, I'm suspicious that part of the story is another lie.