$100,000 LAWSUIT

In your opinion does this woman have a case for a lawsuit or is it frivolous? Does she deserve an apology?

Local small-business owner Kathleen Hampton is seeking $100,000 from Enzo’s Caffe Italiano. Hampton originally made a dinner reservation for herself and her husband, but, as she notes in the lawsuit, he “was still full from lunch” so he decided to bail, leaving Hampton to fly solo.

Once she was seated, Hampton said a waitress told her she had to give up her table and leave before she’d ordered any food. To be reasonable, Hampton said she’d just get her food to go, but the restaurant refused.

“That was the final straw,” she writes in the lawsuit. “I’ve never heard of a food place not having to go.”

Restaurant owner Enzo Lanzadoro, however, told the Oregonian that he remembers the night differently.

“She made reservation for two and when she got there, said: ‘Oh just by myself,'” Lanzadoro said. “We offered for her to sit at the bar with other single diners since Valentine’s Day is very busy and all we know is she got up [from the table] and left without paying after she drank two glasses of wine.”

In addition to the $100,000, Hampton, who’s representing herself, wants a public apology both in person and in local newspapers.

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Stupid.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Stupid
Can't imagine why the husband bailed on dinner with her, she sounds divine.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-05-2015, 11:09 AM)Donovan Wrote: Can't imagine why the husband bailed on dinner with her, she sounds divine.
This hah
No lawsuit here.
Public apology? She needs to apologize to the public for being so stupid.

Even her own husband didn't want to dine with her on Valentines Day. His excuse is lame.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
she should be doing dishes.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
She sounds nuts.

I wonder if the husband is real or imaginary.

(Gotta be nuts -- who stresses over a table when there's open space at the bar anyway? Smiley_emoticons_wink )
No lawsuit. But she reserved the table and she was seated at the table obviously. Once they realized her husband wouldn't be joining her they tried to make her move. I personally wouldn't have a problem with moving to the bar, but why would the restaurant even go through the trouble to inconvenience a guest that reserved the table in the first place? It was a table for two, not 6. Just let the bitch sit there and eat her dinner.
(03-05-2015, 08:25 PM)sally Wrote: Just let the bitch sit there and eat her dinner.
This. I'd never eat alone at a restaraunt though. I'd be too worried that people were judging me and thinking I was a loser. No matter how untrue it was/is.