Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
IS THIS BULLSHIT OR APPROPRIATE?
Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

RE: IS THIS BULLSHIT OR APPROPRIATE?

(03-10-2015 11:27 AM)Maggot Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 11:16 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  What are you viewing as progressive here, Mags? The views in this thread are more conservative than progressive, in my opinion.

Its the closedmindlessness of it all man, we should all be groovy and accept who we are as children of the great spirit in the sky. I know its a far out scenario but give it a try, let peace be part of the process.

Looks like somone's pharmacy mixed up their meds or someone found their kid's weed/shroom stash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
03-10-2015 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-10-2015 01:30 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 11:16 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  What are you viewing as progressive here, Mags? The views in this thread are more conservative than progressive, in my opinion.

Its the closedmindlessness of it all man, we should all be groovy and accept who we are as children of the great spirit in the sky. I know its a far out scenario but give it a try, let peace be part of the process.

Looks like somone's pharmacy mixed up their meds or someone found their kid's weed/shroom stash.

I think groovy-ass Maggot is far out man, but his Tommy Chong impression is up in smoke.

03-10-2015 01:36 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Hey, if we have learned anything from the 60's it should be love and our free expression and ability to force our thoughts on as many people as possible whether they like it or not!

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
03-10-2015 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(03-10-2015 01:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 01:30 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  

I think groovy-ass Maggot if far out man, but his Tommy Chong impression is up in smoke.
hah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
03-10-2015 02:42 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I'll get you for this my pretty!!!

[Image: th?id=HN.608031807556747390&pid=...mp;amp;P=0]

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
03-10-2015 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Go Hillary!

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-10-2015 04:27 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

So, how about this school district decision from last year -- overreaction or appropriate?

[Image: F-Inqueue-StoryArchive-206996-270362-jpg-976.jpg]
^Ashley Williams taught a class called "Adult Roles and Financial Literacy" at Weber High School in Ogden, Utah. Like the class that Olio was teaching, it's a college level course taught by a high school teacher through the Concurrent Enrollment program, which allows advanced high school students to receive college credit while still attending high school.

Williams asked the college-bound students to come up with as many references as they could to genitalia and wrote them on the board. Some students took pictures of the board (photo below), told their parents, and the parents called the school and complained. Williams was canned for "inappropriateness".

[Image: WHS+whiteboard.jpg]

Some students said that Williams had a history of “unique” teaching methods. They and their parents were pleased with Weber District’s quick response to her inappropriateness.

Others supported her and found her style and content engaging; they did not think her teaching career deserved to be ended over the incident.

03-10-2015 06:02 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

It's a college level course, I don't see anything wrong with it.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-10-2015 06:15 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Williams had reportedly gotten consent forms for adult content from the parents in advance of the course, but after some of the kids told on her and the parents saw Twig 'n Berries hah written on the board, they were appalled!

Ah well, I don't think it was anything for her to get fired over, but I think high school instructors teaching college-level courses can cook their own gooses with poor judgement, and that's what happened to Williams and probably Olio too. They failed to tailor the class material to the lowest common denominator in terms of student maturity level (or consider the conservative views of a lot of parents when it comes to education). Too bad -- they both appear to have been passionate and creative teachers.

I wasn't in college courses in high school, but I was in what was called "Honors" classes. We read Slaughterhouse-Five, Lord of the Flies, The Most Dangerous Game and some other books with sexual references and profanity when I was a senior. The cussing and sex was no big deal to me or any of us. The subject matter of the stories was way more disturbing (which I actually liked, but not everybody did).

03-10-2015 06:42 PM

sally Away
sally

I think it's pretty silly and nowhere near as bad as "Please Master". But what exactly was the purpose of that little assignment? Call me crazy, but my expectations for college course classes are a little higher than 12 year old genitalia humor.

03-10-2015 09:12 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I don't think you're crazy; not about this. I think building the exercise around genital references was really poor judgment and Williams deserved to be reprimanded or counseled (but, not fired, unless there were problems with inappropriate subject matter in the past).

The lesson for which that exercise was assigned isn't clear from the news articles, but the course includes a lot of group collaboration (she had the girls come up with the female genitalia references and the boys come up with the male genitalia references). One of the course's areas of focus is constructive vs. destructive communication in dating and such. The exercise might have been assigned during one of those lessons. But, I'm just guessing.

03-10-2015 10:09 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

(03-10-2015 09:53 AM)Maggot Wrote:  I think all the progressiveness in Mock is getting to me. I think it should be read to grade school children to observe their reactions. Then read it to old people in a nursing home to see their reactions, then make a collage of all the faces and put it in the Smithsonian in Washington and watch all the reactions from the people there. Then we could have a true understanding of human nature and the future.
Its all about love people!!! LOVE!

The thing is, if Ginsberg was here you could light up with him, and I am sure he would think that I am a prude and you were really hip. Whereas you and I really know that it's the other way around.

03-13-2015 09:46 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

If she got consent for adult content, to ME, depending on the exact wording she used, that means anything goes (even twigs & berries). I don't think she should have been fired.

Commando Cunt Queen
03-14-2015 04:26 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

The students suggested the terms she wrote on the board, suggesting that they are familiar with these terms. So the inappropriate thing she did was write the terms on the board? I guess I'm failing to see what was so horrible.

03-16-2015 11:59 AM