Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OBAMA'S LEGACY
And you're probably a bigot.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
See?
Thank goodness you were there to tell me, I might have got through my life never knowing.

What was it like the moment you realized no amount of material goods and money was enough to make you feel like less of a useless tool? Did you weep?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
African American History and Culture Museum Opens at Smithsonian

On Saturday, President Obama gave the inauguration speech ahead of the museum opening. He touched on African American history in the U.S., along with current racial challenges, and then introduced George W. Bush. Story and speech: http://jacksonvillefreepress.com/preside...an-museum/

Thirteen years ago, President Bush authorized legislation to establish the national museum. Back then, bi-partisan communication and partnership wasn't almost extinct. Bush signed the bill brought to him by Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) and then-Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) to finally fund the project which had been imagined for decades.

Laura Bush serves on the board of the museum project. The Obamas and Bushes reportedly have developed a warm personal friendship over the last few years and collaborated on the opening.

[Image: 160924184552-obamas-and-bushs-nmaahc-sep...ge-169.jpg]

On Saturday, George W Bush addressed the thousands at the museum’s opening ceremony. I thought his speech was a good and sincere one. The museum sounds like a very interesting exhibit. Bush speech transcript: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/ass...ge-169.jpg

I didn't know where else to put this. Sorry, HotD!

"Bill, c'mon, let's go home".

hah Bill has the gift of gab and he's keeping the President waiting in Israel.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Bill Clinton is a talker alright. Fortunately, he's typically a really interesting one. So are both Mr. and Mrs. Obama, in my opinion.

Bill Clinton was near tears today speaking at the funeral of Shimon Peres. I don't blame him -- I felt like crying when I read the news earlier this week, even though the man was in his 90s. Peres was such a unifying leader. I wish Bibi was more like Peres, but...

P.s. I never mind if things go off topic outside the crime forum, and only when off-topic comments take on a life of their own inside the crime forum and merit separate discussion elsewhere.
We support Saudi Arabia who tried to crash a plane into the Whitehouse but made Iran our enemy, crazy times we live in.
Obama's Farewell Address January 10, 2017

The full transcript: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-o...story.html

I think Mr. Obama was a good president and really appreciated his economic and social accomplishments in his second term. I supported most of his foreign policy decisions, but disagreed on a few others.

Farewell, sir.

I watched it last night and it was everything I thought it would be. He was gracious and kind. He is a class act who conducts himself with grace & dignity, something we won't see in the White House for another 4 years. Thanks, President Obama, I wish you could have 4 more years, everything is so much better than it was when you took over.
I tried watching that video. Made it all the way to the point where the audience started yelling 4 more years. That was enough for me. Click, back to watching demo-derby videos.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
There was a lot of positive feedback on Obama's speech and his tribute to Michelle. Some comments on social media talked about their relationship being example of true love. Another comment which received (at last count) 15,000 likes talked about how a real man (Obama) honors his children by showing his love for their mother....my own comment was that he is such an honorable man and in spite of all the adversity he put up with, he never lost the spirit or essence of who he really is as a man, husband, father, and President.........good job and thanks President Obama for your service...He will go down in the History books IMO.....I could attach a lot of adjectives to describe him. humble, wicked sense of humor, honest, sincere, caring, empathetic, humble, honorable, down to earth, intelligent, great orator, etc.....to name just a few....I didn't post all of that, but you get the gist.
(01-11-2017, 03:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I watched it last night and it was everything I thought it would be. He was gracious and kind. He is a class act who conducts himself with grace & dignity, something we won't see in the White House for another 4 years. Thanks, President Obama, I wish you could have 4 more years, everything is so much better than it was when you took over.

Agreed.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-11-2017, 07:43 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

Agreed.

Yeah me too. Back when POTUS meant something other than Put On Toupee, Utter Shit.
Oh yea except for that lying and shit

Yeah and the solution for that is to elect a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR. Whatever complaints a trump supporter has about people lying are null & void now. You no longer have a valid argument given your full endorsement of a lying cockksucka.

(01-12-2017, 05:59 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Yeah and the solution for that is to elect a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR. Whatever complaints a trump supporter has about people lying are null & void now. You no longer have a valid argument given your full endorsement of a lying cockksucka.

In 8 days that will be "lying cocksucka Mr. POTUS"! hah

Never liked Obama, but agree he was and is a class act! No argument there.

However, it is because he was kind and considerate, and over diplomatic as POTUS, but that he was not as ruthless as he should have been with our enemy countries, therefore that IMO he weakened our world stance. Our enemy's once feared the USA, now no longer!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(01-12-2017, 07:05 AM)Carsman Wrote:

However, it is because he was kind and considerate, and over diplomatic as POTUS, but that he was not as ruthless as he should have been with our enemy countries, therefore that IMO he weakened our world stance. Our enemy's once feared the USA, now no longer!

Yeah, they're really gonna be fearing us when Trump develops closer ties with Russia, China, and North Korea.
(01-12-2017, 08:07 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 07:05 AM)Carsman Wrote:

Yeah, they're really gonna be fearing us when Trump develops closer ties with Russia, China, and North Korea.

A the old saying goes, keep your friends close, and your enemy's closer!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

This made me cry a little.

Today, President Obama surprised 'his brother', VP Biden, with a distinguished Presidential Medal of Freedom for Biden's decades of service to the American people.

They really seem to have a very strong mutual respect and warm personal relationship.
(01-12-2017, 10:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: This made me cry a little.

Me too. It was a wonderful moment. It was emotional and funny and heartwarming. It was all good.