Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FOOD NETWORK STAR & HUSBAND MURDERED: CRISTIE & J.T. CODD, NC
[Image: 26BD54E100000578-2999177-image-a-58_1426614761588.jpg]
^ Cristie Codd -38, and her husband Joseph (J.T.) - 45, were married last September and Cristie was 5 months pregnant.

The couple seems to have worked hard and had everything going for them.

Cristie had competed in season 8 of Food Network Star and had recently started her own company. She'd just nabbed a great gig; her company Tree Hugger Catering was contracted to cater the set of a movie starring Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling.

J.T. Codd worked as a grip in the film industry, handling cameras and other equipment.

Both of them were scheduled to leave for Los Angeles to start their work assignments on Sunday, March 15th. That's the day their families reported them missing from Leicester, North Carolina.

After family members reported the couple missing, deputies went to the home but found no one there. Deputies did find the couple's vehicles at the home, and the family's two dogs were inside the house.

Arrest warrants indicate that police believe they were killed on Thursday, March 12th.

[Image: 26BD42B600000578-2999177-image-a-61_1426614834395.jpg]
Robert Jason Owens (above) is suspected of killing the couple and then going back to the house and stealing jewelry, a computer and a Glock from their home.

Owens is charged with two counts of first degree murder, one count of murder of an unborn child, breaking and entering, and larceny after breaking and entering. If convicted, he may face the death penalty on each of three murder counts.

Owens had done some construction work at the Codds' home, Sheriff Van Duncan said. "He had done some odd jobs for them," Duncan said. "He owns a construction business."

A friend of the couple noted that J.T. believed in giving people second chances and sometimes hired ex-cons.

Police have yet to release details on how the couple was killed as their bodies have still not been recovered. They must have great evidence to arrest Owens without bodies.

RIP Cristie and J.T. Codd.

Sources:
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/.../24888031/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-home.html
COLD CASE TIE-IN

Asheville, NC police, have considered the 2000 disappearance of Zebb Quinn a homicide case from early in the investigation. The prime suspect: Robert Jason Owens (then 21 years old).

The 18-year-old's disappearance remains one of the region's best-known unsolved crimes and in 2012 was featured on the Investigation Discovery Channel show "Disappeared."

[Image: Zeb_Quinn_Reward_Poster_FPJ.jpg]

Quinn vanished on the night of Jan. 2, 2000. Quinn had gotten off work at the Hendersonville Road Walmart at 9 p.m. He planned to go look at a Mitsubishi Eclipse for sale with a co-worker — Robert Jason Owens.

A Hendersonville Road convenience store video showed Quinn and Owens buying sodas and driving away separately.

According to Owens' account, Quinn later flashed his headlights at Owens and the two pulled off the road. Quinn told Owens he needed to find a pay phone to return a page. He returned about 9:30 p.m. and bumped into Owens' truck. Quinn promised to pay for the damages, then said he had to leave and drove away, according to Owens.

Two weeks later, Quinn's car, a 1990 Mazda Protégé, turned up in the parking lot of Little Pigs Barbecue on McDowell Street, with a Labrador-mix puppy inside and a large pair of lips drawn in lipstick on the rear window. Quinn took no clothes, no contact lens solution, no extra money — nothing that would indicate he was going away. He liked his job and always stayed in close touch with his mother and sister.

The following month, on Feb. 14, a Superior Court judge issued a search warrant authorizing officers to draw hair, blood and saliva samples from Owens relating to Quinn's disappearance.

"He was definitely a primary suspect in the Zebb Quinn case," Duncan said. But police never had the evidence to warrant charges.

Quinn's mother says she has long suspected Owens was involved in her son's disappearance and hopes that he will provide information on the case now that he's incarcerated. I hope so too.

Source: http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/.../24888031/
The murderer sounds like a deranged stalker and a spur of the moment killer.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Remains Recovered

Search warrants released at a press conference held by Sheriff Van Duncan Friday afternoon reveal murder suspect Robert Jason Owens, 36, admitted storing and destroying the bodies of J.T. and Cristie Codd.

The warrants also show the bodies were at Owens' home.

Warrants allege Owens admitted hitting J.T. Codd with a pickup truck. There was no indication of how Cristie Codd was killed.

However, according to Duncan, human remains were recovered near a wood stove. They were sent for forensic analysis.

On Tuesday, Buncombe Sheriff's Office investigators charged Owens with killing J.T. Codd, 45, and Cristie Schoen Codd, 38, and the couple's unborn child.

In addition, Owens was charged with breaking and entering and larceny, accused of breaking into the Codds' home on Sunday and stealing a laptop, jewelry and a Glock handgun with a combined value of $1,500, according to warrants.

The warrants allege that Owens was seen putting garbage bags in a dumpster Sunday evening. Detectives were able to recover the bags and found items belonging to Cristie Codd. At the press conference, Duncan said this is where her identification was found.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-suspect...ng-bodies/
----------------------------------

Seems Owens burned the couple's bodies -- piece of shit.

I'm glad LE has a confession and hopefully they can get DNA from the remains to quickly confirm it's the Codds and leave no room for Owens to recant or otherwise wiggle out of his admission.

Now, I really hope that Owens gives up the location of Zebb Quinn's remains so his family can have some closure. Owens is gonna do life or be put to death for the Codd murders anyway.
So sad.I think this guy planned this.He must've decided on it while doing the jobs for them.

He probably killed the 18-year old too.Serial killing piece of shit.
(03-20-2015, 06:50 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: So sad.I think this guy planned this.He must've decided on it while doing the jobs for them.

He probably killed the 18-year old too.Serial killing piece of shit.

It's good to see you, Broad. I blamed username for scaring you off because you scrammed shortly after I told you that she was after you, sexually. In retort, username blamed me for scaring you off by telling you that she was after you, sexually. She had a point -- so I let it go. hah

Anyway, back to the murder business.

I agree with you that Owens might be a serial killer. I will not be one bit surprised if LE discovers that Owens is responsible for some other deaths/disappearances between Quinn and the Codds.
GUILTY

[Image: Robert-Owens-Cristie-Joseph-Todd.jpg]

Handyman Robert Owens (left) pleaded guilty yesterday to three counts of second-degree murder and two counts of dismemberment. He killed Cristie and J.T. Codd and their unborn baby in 2015.

He then burned J.T.'s body and dismembered Cristie, stole their belonging and sold them, and used the money to buy gas and take his wife to dinner.

The lying sack of shit claims that he accidentally ran them over, tried to save them, and then got scared and tried to cover up their deaths because he wasn't supposed to be driving. Sure.

He was sentenced to a minimum of 60 years in prison.