Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!

(03-28-2015 11:21 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote:  Ehhh...ya win some, ya lose some. Ted is old news...he's been here so many times, I've lost count. He's too weird and extreme for me to give him any more of my money...see how that works. I don't like him anymore so I don't support him anymore. hah

I see; that's how it works for me too.

Ted is too far over the top for me to take him seriously politically as well.

I don't think I'd buy a ticket to one of his concerts either, but that's partly because I don't like big crowds anyway. I do still love his music though and occasionally listen to him from the comfort of my living room and driver's seat.

03-28-2015 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

username Offline
Mod Lite

(03-28-2015 02:49 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Eh..............If a business does not want to do business with anyone all they have to do is overprice the service or item. It's all bullshit to blame religion, sex, race or anything else. The issue is a non issue that people use to say "Look at me"

Yeah. I wonder if that extends to landlords though. I haven't read it, but I'd be pretty pissed if me and my girlfriend were precluded from renting in a certain apartment complex because the building's owner didn't like our sexual orientation.

Taxi! Taxi?!?!! No taxi for you, shit shoveling faggots.

That said, I couldn't get married in a Catholic church (and it was REALLY pretty) because I wasn't Catholic. Shocking, right? Brazen discrimination against fallen Lutherans.

Commando Cunt Queen
03-28-2015 03:30 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

There was a time Catholics didn't marry outside their faith. It just wasn't done. You used to see a lot of big Catholic families too because birth control wasn't done either.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-28-2015 03:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

FAHQTOO Away
Crusty Crab Bitch

(03-28-2015 03:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

There was a time Catholics didn't marry outside their faith. It just wasn't done. You used to see a lot of big Catholic families too because birth control wasn't done either.

My sisters b/f was catholic and she was non denominational. They were married in the catholic church with our pastor up at the pulpit doing his thing, after the priest was done doing his thing. I've never heard of anything like that before or since, but I'm not all up with the catholic rules and regulations.

03-28-2015 03:52 PM

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(03-28-2015 03:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:  birth control wasn't done either.[/i][/size]

Thats a good thing. As the middle child, I might not be here if Catholics believed in birth control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
03-28-2015 04:16 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-28-2015 03:30 PM)username Wrote:  Yeah. I wonder if that extends to landlords though. I haven't read it, but I'd be pretty pissed if me and my girlfriend were precluded from renting in a certain apartment complex because the building's owner didn't like our sexual orientation.

It's a good question and I've never found a definitive answer; RFRA laws are rather vague when it comes to such details.

The federal Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children. The Fair Housing Act does not specifically cover gay and transgender individuals though.

But, the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development has implemented policies to ensure that its core programs are open to all eligible individuals and families regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status as of 2012.

Opponents fear that RFRA makes it harder for LGBT individuals and families to get government to respond and intervene in cases of alleged sexual-orientation based housing discrimination.

Supporters argue that RFRA is not about licensing discrimination in the state, it's about protecting freedom of religious liberties for businesses (without federal intervention).

03-28-2015 04:43 PM

sally Away
sally

I'd like to know how many in the LGBT community have been straight out discriminated against while trying to rent or buy a home. I doubt there are many. Landlords or realty companies just don't come out and say "oh you're a fag or carpet muncher and that's why you didn't get the apartment". They're looking at your work history and past rental history, not whether you suck dick or not.

And if you can't manage to present yourself in an appropriate manner while applying for the apartment then blame yourself for not getting it. I agree with Maggot, it's a non issue. Why should anyone even know what your religion or sexual preference is? Unless of course you're carrying a fucking sign around your neck saying "look at me".

03-28-2015 05:07 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I'm positive a fair number of presentable and financially qualified gay people, couples, and families have been discriminated against by rental landlords. Plenty of legal cases prove it. However, I would think it's less an issue today than it was even just a decade ago.

I don't know if RFRA laws really encourage more discrimination against gays or make it harder for gays to get recourse when such legitimate discrimination cases are filed though. I just know that's a concern voiced by the LGBT community and RFRA opponents.

03-28-2015 05:21 PM

sally Away
sally

(03-28-2015 05:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I'm positive a fair number of presentable and financially qualified gay people, couples, and families have been discriminated against by rental landlords. Plenty of legal cases prove it.

I'm just guessing that a good majority of those cases were frivolous.

03-28-2015 05:47 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

(03-28-2015 05:07 PM)sally Wrote:  I'd like to know how many in the LGBT community have been straight out discriminated against while trying to rent or buy a home. I doubt there are many. Landlords or realty companies just don't come out and say "oh you're a fag or carpet muncher and that's why you didn't get the apartment". They're looking at your work history and past rental history, not whether you suck dick or not.

I'm quite certain they don't just come out and say it (unless they're REALLY stupid and looking for a lawsuit) but I'm sure it occurs. As I said, if this law somehow made it perfectly acceptable for a landlord to say "I don't rent to fags or carpet munchers" with impunity, I would see that as problematic (if I were a fag or carpet muncher).

Commando Cunt Queen
03-28-2015 05:53 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-28-2015 05:47 PM)sally Wrote:  
(03-28-2015 05:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I'm positive a fair number of presentable and financially qualified gay people, couples, and families have been discriminated against by rental landlords. Plenty of legal cases prove it.

I'm just guessing that a good majority of those cases were frivolous.

Maybe. I know a percentage of all civil cases filed are frivolous -- I don't know if that's the majority or the exception though.

I do know there are plenty of bigoted landlords who discriminate against Muslims, blacks, gays, etc... Some of them admit it and others fail when they try to lie about it.

Anyway, the department of Housing and Urban Development did a study to determine the extent of landlord discrimination against gays specifically. I think the results are interesting. HUD Gay Discrimination Research Report: http://www.huduser.org/portal/Publicatio...umm_v2.pdf

03-28-2015 06:03 PM

sally Away
sally

Well that was my point, you can't prove someone is discriminating against you unless they come out and say it. Just because someone tells you "I'm sorry I gave the apartment or job to someone else" doesn't mean you can sue them just because you happen to be a bull dyke.

03-28-2015 06:07 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

Huh. Gays get less favorably treated in states that have legislation supposedly protecting them from discrimination in housing? That's interesting. Maybe the laws themselves scare some owners away from renting to gay individuals for fear that any future acts (a need to evict or something) might put them MORE at risk for a discrimination lawsuit.

Just goes to show how useless some of our laws are.

Commando Cunt Queen
03-28-2015 06:17 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Yeah, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation really does exist, sally. And, yeah, it can be and is sometimes proven even if the landlord denies it.

Lesbian Lisa puts in her rental application. She talks to Landlord Dick and he says everything looks great and he's gonna verify her income, call her references, and do a credit check. All of her info checks out and he tells her to come on in and sign the lease agreement. She goes to sign the papers and takes her girlfriend along to check out the unit. Suddenly, Dick says that the apartment was already rented out by his wife and she forgot to tell him; sorry. Or, there's major water damage and he just discovered it. Or, some other bullshit excuse.

Lisa has a male friend call and say that he and his wife are interested in renting the unit. Dick tells him to come on by; that he's looking to fill the vacancy as soon as possible.

^ That's one of many ways that lawyers and prospective tenants succeed in proving discrimination by landlords.

03-28-2015 06:22 PM