Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
St. Lawrence market in Toronto
Do you have markets like this where you live? This market almost brought a tear to my eye. We were only in Toronto for one day so I couldn't buy much of anything and the thought of going back home to shop at my crappy market was depressing.

[Image: 20140719_152008_zpsozayddgt.jpg]

[Image: 20140719_151938_zpsqr9erbdm.jpg]

[Image: TorontoStLawrenceMarket-1024x768.gif_zpss4fbptlc.png]

[Image: thWOTO3M0C_zpsl30kmylm.jpg]

[Image: St-Lawrence-Market-49327_zpsbpjfmuxx.jpg]

[Image: st_lawrence_market_toronto_018_zpsuq5khloc.jpg]

[Image: 6a00d83451ba5969e200e54f57a0c38834-800wi...xh7z8x.jpg]

I grew up on that river!

No, I've never seen anything like that in my little town here or anywhere else for that matter but we do have a very nice cheese shop called Le Fromage.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
We have the FDA here, only real chemical infused carrion can be sold in America.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The Italian Market on 9th street between Wharton and Federal streets in Philadelphia Pa has the most amazing markets I've ever seen. Gawdamn I miss Philly.

I went back and looked at the pix again. That really is a beautiful market. I have a girlfriend who would have looked at all that bread and thought she was in heaven.
The pictures don't do it justice. You should have seen the seafood. It really depressed me knowing I have come back to shop at stinking old Publix.

Plus they had little gourmet sandwich shops all through out the market. The Peameal bacon sandwich was the best thing I ever ate in my life. If you're wondering wtf is a peameal bacon sandwich you have to find out if it's the last thing you do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peameal_bacon

Yum.
When I first bit into it I thought for a second that I was biting into a bone, then I realized it wasn't a bone. It was a crunchy piece of heaven.
I've never tried a Peameal bacon sandwich, but now I want one.

That's an awesome market. The Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market on the Embarcadero here is beautiful -- great organic produce, breads, cheeses, meats, spices, sandwiches, wines... It's only on a couple of times a week and it's expensive, so I hardly ever go, but it does make hitting the Safeway a let down.

I think the St. Lawrence market looks even better than our Ferry Plaza one though.
Oh, Canada................Blowing-kisses
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Oh, Quebec. One of my favorite places in all the land.