Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE
username Offline
Mod Lite

RE: Cop Charged with Murder for Killing a Black Man

Yeah, it's impossible to say what was going on inside that cop's head when he fired.

On the one hand, like BG, I wish that people weren't quite so quick to put race in to the discussion. On the other hand, I'm listening to CNN now and they're reporting that the police department there has a history of racial profiling yada, yada. It will be interesting to see if this particular officer has a history of racist actions, statements...whatever.

Commando Cunt Queen
04-08-2015 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

"hands up.......don't shoot!"

04-08-2015 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

It's such a good thing that the presently unidentified citizen recorded this incident and turned the video over to Scott's family.

Just like in the Tamir Rice case, the story floated by the police officer before he knew about the video was a self-serving false narrative.

Officer Slager originally contended that Scott took his taser away from him and that he then shot Scott because he felt threatened and feared for his safety. His attorney essentially contended that once all of the details were released, it would be clear that Slager was forced to kill Scott in self defense.

Then, the video was released and it became clear that Slager's story was bullshit and his attorney dropped him.

State Rep. Justin Bamberg, an attorney, said at the press conference yesterday, “Regardless of what may have happened leading up to this shooting, at the moment (Scott) turned and ran, and was no longer a threat to the officer or anybody else, that officer was completely and wholeheartedly unjustified in gunning down Mr. Scott. He did not shoot once. He shot seven times, paused, and then fired an eighth round.”

I agree with Bamberg and think Slager is going down.

04-08-2015 02:11 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Not that my opinion matters to any police officer any where but my days of giving them the benefit of doubt are long gone. The ones I read about are nothing more than a thug with a badge.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
04-08-2015 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(04-08-2015 02:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Not that my opinion matters to any police officer any where but my days of giving them the benefit of doubt are long gone. The ones I read about are nothing more than a thug with a badge.
It's always been that way Duchess. I doubt that will ever change.Like my old man used to say (he was a cop), "there's no such thing as a good cop, some of them just give a fuck."

04-08-2015 02:42 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

In the presser today, the Mayor referred to a possible second tape recording.

Commando Cunt Queen
04-08-2015 03:02 PM

Carsman Offline
Geriatric star & Bad Mocker

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, STOP in the name of the Law!! Or I'll shoot again! Smiley_emoticons_stumm

Poor guy was only stopped for a broken tail light, not raping & killing a woman or child!!! WTF!

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
04-08-2015 03:11 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

It's amazing to me that the bystander who shot that video goes seemingly unnoticed by the cop during the encounter/immediate aftermath. If I was the bystander and the cop turned and stared at me with my camera in hand (before the other officers arrived), I probably would have pissed my pants.

Commando Cunt Queen
04-08-2015 03:44 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm so glad that video is out there. I must have said that a zillion times since I heard about it. I don't even care that the shooters wife is 8 months pregnant. Maybe his family will feel a nano bit of the pain that the dead man's is feeling. It's all on the cop and he better fricken reap what he has sown.

04-08-2015 04:14 PM

heartbreaker6713 Offline
Mocker

I heard that the mayor will be extending the medical benefits for the 8 month pregnant wife , of the cop, because it is the humane thing to do. The cop was, rightfully so, terminated the day after charges were filed, I believe. I'm glad that there is swift action in the cop being arrested and taken into jail with no bond.

04-08-2015 05:01 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

(04-08-2015 05:01 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote:  I heard that the mayor will be extending the medical benefits for the 8 month pregnant wife , of the cop, because it is the humane thing to do. The cop was, rightfully so, terminated the day after charges were filed, I believe. I'm glad that there is swift action in the cop being arrested and taken into jail with no bond.

Yo' HB!

Yeah, I agree. While the cop may be scum, his family shouldn't necessarily suffer the consequences of his actions. I'm pretty impressed with how quickly this police department/city has taken swift (and right) actions.

Given that, I was kind of bothered today when the mayor and police chief were trying to hold their press conference and there were demonstrators disrupting the conference. There hasn't been stonewalling, they seem to be doing everything "right" in their response to what happened and yet despite that, there are those that want to spread the blame to the officials who, so far, seem to be responding appropriately.

Fucking niggers.

Wasnme

Commando Cunt Queen
04-08-2015 06:47 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Easy there User. You're going to get HoTD whipped up into a froth again with that kind of talk.hah

04-08-2015 07:01 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I guess I have some compassion for the wife after all. This must be a nightmare for her too.

04-08-2015 07:58 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(04-08-2015 07:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  Easy there User. You're going to get HoTD whipped up into a froth again with that kind of talk.hah

There's no froth, Gunnar, but keep trying. hahhahhahhahhah

User expresses her opinion and makes her points.

I understand her point on this one -- NC police seem to be responding swiftly and appropriately to a wrongful death at the hands of one of their police officers.

I haven't had time to read the latest news yet, so I don't know if the protestors are protesting the shooting itself as opposed to the police handling of the matter. I could understand the former.

In any event, protests and demonstrations don't froth me up like they do you and some others -- that's just the way it is...

04-08-2015 08:02 PM