Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beat them into submission

hah Oooohhh... Christians.

Not creepy at all to listen to two adults talking about beating their children on national television. "Big Daddy's home! Wham!" Wow...
hah

I actually agree with him. Not the part about the music being evil, but the part about the little twerp needing to be smacked for constantly having an attitude.
I remember my dad yelling at me once when he came home from work and me and my friend were listening to 2 live crew pop that coochie hah.
(04-17-2015, 06:29 PM)sally Wrote: hah

I actually agree with him. Not the part about the music being evil, but the part about the little twerp needing to be smacked for constantly having an attitude.
Teenagers do things to piss off their parents. It's what they do. I don't think a childs taste in music warrants smaking them around "to protect them from evil music."
(04-17-2015, 06:39 PM)sally Wrote: I remember my dad yelling at me once when he came home from work and me and my friend were listening to 2 live crew pop that coochie hah.
My daughter likes Tupac. I don't like it. Wish she was metal, but she's her own person with her own tastes and I accept that.
Some kids need a little beatin on the ass, I know we did as kids.
Somewhere along the line between my last one and when my kids came along I learned to be a better parent than mine were and it shows in my kids. I do think I got pretty lucky and my kids were very well behaved, partly naturally I guess but largely because I treated them like people, not imbeciles and was always consistent with them. Neither one got an ass beating past about 4 or 5.
All that said, some kids no matter the parenting expertise will need an ass beatin, I do not think thats bad, nor do I think its right for the rest of the PC world to make out like parents that do spank their kids are monsters. Its been an accepted part of parenting for literally millenia.
Thats not to say its ok to beat the living shit out of them, leave bruises, use fists or any of that because its not, at all.
But spanking their butt for being an asshole is perfectly fine.
My daughter listened to pretty mild stuff as a kid, still does. My son on the other hand was in one of those screaming, jumping around mosh pit type of bands for a while, thats another story though. Now he is all country and at least as redneck as me, maybe more.