Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
YOU'RE A FUCKIN' BULLY
Hemmingway has an interesting story around the film The Sun Also Rises, loosely based on his own experiences with a social group he was part of. For sure, life would have been far more interesting in those days with those people than it is with the 'shoved down your throat' Jenner bunch.
(05-03-2016, 10:51 AM)Donovan Wrote: A lot of the older authors were real adventure stories in their own right. Sometimes even better than their creations. Hemingway, Ian Fleming, Conan Doyle, Tolkien, Twain...had some straight up action and tragic heroes in that lot.
Nearly all my favorites right there.
(05-03-2016, 11:47 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 10:51 AM)Donovan Wrote: A lot of the older authors were real adventure stories in their own right. Sometimes even better than their creations. Hemingway, Ian Fleming, Conan Doyle, Tolkien, Twain...had some straight up action and tragic heroes in that lot.
Have you checked out their biographies? Some genuine badasses in there.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-03-2016, 07:57 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 11:47 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
Have you checked out their biographies? Some genuine badasses in there.
Yes, for Hemingway, Doyle and Twain.

"Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood"
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]