Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA 2015 FINALS
(06-04-2015, 10:37 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Cleveland is playing like I expected them to.

Obviously a lot of game left, but LBJ and Kyrie are the catalysts and the supporting cast is making clutch 3's.

Should be a very good series.

Yeah, I think it's gonna go 7 games.

I saw today that Kyrie Irving is down for the count again. The re-injury to his knee last night is gonna require surgery and he'll be off the court for 3 - 4 months.

Sucks for him and the Cavs, who are also playing without Love.
With Irving a Cavs series win was doable. Without him I just don't see how they can generate enough points to come out on top.

Cleveland played a near perfect game last night and ended up double losers (game and Irving).

JR Smith was put in position to win that game for the Cavs, but missed at least 3 wide open 3's in the 4th quarter. He makes those and Cleveland wins.

Now, I think the W's coast to a 5 game series win.
You might be right MS, but I'm not betting on it.

LeBron scored 44 points in Game 1. 44 effin' points, even though he was isolated and the Warriors played great ball.

He can't do it all on his own, but he wants it so bad for Cleveland and he's amazing. Plus, he's the only one on the court with championship experience, and the Cavs have had to play some and win without Irving to get to this point. So, I still think it's gonna go 7.

But, if you're right and it only goes 5, we'll take it and we'll revel in it! Smiley_emoticons_smile
Just turned the game on.

Flabbergasted by the score.

Cleve 62, GS 57.
Nice little touch from ABC as they came out of a commercial break with Huey Lewis & The News, a Bay Area icon.
(06-07-2015, 10:04 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Just turned the game on.

Flabbergasted by the score.

Cleve 62, GS 57.

I'm watching while I post. It's been much more physical and unpredictable than game 1 from the start, MS.

The Cavs are doing very well without Irving and Klay Thompson is on fire for the Warriors (but just got his 4th foul).

It will be something else if this game goes into overtime too. I hope it doesn't. This game has me nervous. I want the Warriors to win it in the 4th so I can relax.
A flagrant on Draymont Green?

Edit: Draymont Green absolutely killed my MN Gophers for 4 years when he was at Michigan State.
I'm gonna have to say "I told you so" right about now, MS.

Irving's a key player for the Cavs, as you rightfully proclaimed upthread.

But you were wrong about his presence making or breaking the Cavs' chances of owning the effin' court.

If the Cavs weren't for shit at the free throw line tonight, they'd be up by 15 or more right now. Bastards.
Bullshit foul on Iguodala.

HotD, I still stand by my thought that without Irving the Cavs can't score enough points to win this thing.

I didn't count on the W's being so anemic offensively.
I'm dying here! Jesus, what a great comeback by the Warriors!

Anyway, you predicted the Cavs were gonna lose it in a short five game series because Irving is out. Period.

You still standing by that prediction? I still think you're wrong about that.

Wanna bet?
Pics PM'ed to my In Box if you lose?

j/k

Sure I'll bet
Can you believe this?

It's the first time in NBA history that the first two Finals' games went into overtime.

My work line keeps ringing and I keep rushing people off the phone so I can get back to my heart attack.

If this goes into double overtime, I won't be surprised.
How can a ref looking at that play not see the foul on LeBron by Iguodala?

Unbelievable!
(06-07-2015, 11:06 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: How can a ref looking at that play not see the foul on LeBron by Iguodala?

Unbelievable!

A couple of questionable calls one right after the other.

LeBron was pissed and now he seems even more driven.

Jesus Christ, I hope this Cav misses one of the free throws.

ETA: Shit, he made them both! We're down by 1 with 10 seconds left -- unbelievable.
Dellavadova looks like he should be playing with me down at the YMCA, not in the NBA Finals.
Wow!

Steph Curry is no Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James.

You may be right HotD.

Guess I'm sending YOU pics.
Fuckin' A.

What a game.

This is gonna be a hell of a series.

Bet on, MS. Just so we're clear: the bet is that this series will go past 5 games (regardless of which team wins -- I think we're both still predicting the Warriors to take the title).
Matthew Dell-a-va-do-va.

Steph Curry's new nightmare.

I never thought he'd be able to provide any sort of a presence in Irving's absence, but he was huge tonight.
(06-07-2015, 11:19 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Wow!

Steph Curry is no Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James.

You may be right HotD.

Guess I'm sending YOU pics.

Curry had a bad night. That's all.

He'll come back with a vengeance on Tuesday.

That's what I'm telling myself. And that's what my nephew just texted me, twice. He bets real money on Finals' games and lost his ass tonight.
Game 2 Results

Cleveland took it by 2 points in overtime.

Final score: 95 / 93

[Image: 1000.jpg]

LeBron James (Triple double performance)
39 points
16 rebounds
11 assists

Matthew Dellavedova (pictured above with James) started in Kyrie Irving's absence and sunk two free throws with 10 seconds left in overtime, scoring the winning points.

SERIES TIED 1 TO 1