Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
An example of media hype
sally Away
sally

RE: An example of media hype

(05-29-2015 03:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Abortions aren't just for women who have been careless. Many of the women who choose to get one are doing so because their dream of having a perfect, healthy baby has turned into a nightmare. They have just learned their baby has horrible birth defects and I think it's wrong to force them through that. I'll never agree that it's okay. They've been through enough.

The only way to find out if your baby has birth defects is at the 16th week. They do a protein test and if it comes back high it's a sign of birth defects. In that case you would have an amniocentisis and ultrasound to confirm or rule out any birth defects and make a decision if it comes back positive. That's why I said the cut off date should be at the 16th week except in the case of birth defects or the mother's health at risk.

Before that they can't really tell. I was 3 months along when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. The embryo is so tiny that they had a damn probe up my coochie for an hour trying to find it. That's why that ultrasound law is stupid to impose on early pregnancies.

05-29-2015 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(05-29-2015 03:57 PM)sally Wrote:  
(05-29-2015 03:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Abortions aren't just for women who have been careless. Many of the women who choose to get one are doing so because their dream of having a perfect, healthy baby has turned into a nightmare. They have just learned their baby has horrible birth defects and I think it's wrong to force them through that. I'll never agree that it's okay. They've been through enough.

The only way to find out if your baby has birth defects is at the 16th week. They do a protein test and if it comes back high it's a sign of birth defects. In that case you would have an amniocentisis and ultrasound to confirm or rule out any birth defects and make a decision if it comes back positive. That's why I said the cut off date should be at the 16th week except in the case of birth defects or the mother's health at risk.

Before that they can't really tell. I was 3 months along when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. The embryo is so tiny that they had a damn probe up my coochie for an hour trying to find it. That's why that ultrasound law is stupid to impose on early pregnancies.
Pics?

05-29-2015 04:00 PM

sally Away
sally

Fucking yuk.

I was laying there thinking goddamn are they going to find this kid or not. It doesn't make any sense to force an ultrasound that early. The only reason I had the ultrasound was to make sure the embryo was in my uterus where it's supposed to be and not on my tubes since I got pregnant after having them tied for 13 years.

05-29-2015 04:03 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

The issue is how the media takes words and changes them to fit their agenda.

05-29-2015 04:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

The sports media does it too.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
05-29-2015 04:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

(05-29-2015 04:14 PM)Maggot Wrote:  The issue is how the media takes words and changes them to fit their agenda.

I understand, but it doesn't make it any less of stupid law. Trying to find a tad pole in a woman's uterus isn't going to persuade anyone from an abortion. And for those that are further along they shouldn't be having abortions anyway. Why can't they just make a cut off date, 16 weeks with some exceptions.

05-29-2015 04:49 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

(05-29-2015 04:14 PM)Maggot Wrote:  The issue is how the media takes words and changes them to fit their agenda.

His quote/position bother me but I can't comment about what the media did with it until I watch the video.
I don't think the [other] old lady sitting beside me under a hair dryer would appreciate it if I played a clip about abortion right now. Just a guess but I'm pretty sure Miss Manners wouldn't approve.

Commando Cunt Queen
05-29-2015 05:24 PM

sally Away
sally

Basically he said that he signed a law to require an ultrasound before any abortion. Then he went on to say how his kids are 19 and 20 and he remembers their first ultrasounds and how it was a really cool thing.

The media took that and twisted his words to say that he said that forced ultrasounds are a really cool thing. But in a nut shell that's really what he was saying. I don't really view this particular story as media hype.

Also the media says he thinks forced transvaginal ultrasounds are cool, but he never mentioned the word transvaginal. But early on in pregnancy a transvaginal ultrasound is the only method used like I already said. So obviously he supports it since he signed for it.

05-29-2015 06:50 PM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

The media since the advent of partisan networks has been spiraling into shit, and the combination of internet and multiple 24 hour news sources has all but killed dispassionate news. Now it's all about the click bait and the soundbite and righteous indignation.
Makes me miss the days when CNN actually did news.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
05-29-2015 07:38 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(05-29-2015 07:38 PM)Donovan Wrote:  The media since the advent of partisan networks has been spiraling into shit, and the combination of internet and multiple 24 hour news sources has all but killed dispassionate news. Now it's all about the click bait and the soundbite and righteous indignation.
Makes me miss the days when CNN actually did news.

Donovan gets it.

05-30-2015 09:02 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

An interesting article from the right leaning pig dogs.

Last month, when a Colorado Christian entered a Planned Parenthood clinic and fatally shot three people, the mainstream media rushed to make the connection to “right-wing domestic terrorism,” even though police hadn’t made any connection and the evidence was thin.

When two California Muslims shot up a government office several days later, massacring 14, national journalists refused to call it Islamic terrorism even though evidence of the shooters’ motive was overwhelming.

link

Something else kinda bugs me and its the government saying they cannot look at these two peoples phone records because of the law that says they cannot as of Nov. 28th. Really? C'mon. Get a warrant ya knuckleheads.

12-06-2015 10:02 AM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

The same way you can't call Muslim radicals Muslims, you can't call a murderer Christian. It defy's logic. Both radical Muslims and "devout" Christians are some of the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth. A true non violent religion would be Buddhism, Pastafarianism or similar.

12-06-2015 10:52 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Another fine example of media hype from the associated press.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid on Thursday blasted Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia for uttering what he called "racist ideas" from the bench of the nation's highest court.

link

Scalia wasn’t sharing his own views, he was asking about a very serious academic critique of affirmative action that others had made.

The actual transcript

An example of media hype.

12-10-2015 03:09 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I read the Yahoo News article and the transcript Mags.

The reporting is a little misleading at the start of the article. It's pretty poor journalism, I agree. But, I think Reid's actual comments (which were reported accurately in the article) are where the real "hype" lies.

Scalia was referencing points cited in unidentified briefs when he talked about some African Americans not being able to keep up in top notch colleges and how most black doctors and scientists graduate from lower level colleges. He was not voicing his own thoughts, as Reid would have one believe.

But, Scalia did, in fact, ponder whether the University of Texas should have fewer black students. He owns that one. I got his point though. He was putting forth that perhaps admitting black students, in part based on race, is a problem which is unfair to those black students and the school if some of those black students can't keep up.

I have no way of knowing if Justice Scalia is a racist. But, personally, I think those who are labeling him a racist based only on what he said during this case review are off-base. The case being reviewed deals with pros and cons associated with academic affirmative action, after all.

12-10-2015 06:25 PM