Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
An example of media hype
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: An example of media hype

Yes, its a discussion. Not an affirmation of the judges personal beliefs. Its getting out of hand a bit. The right does it also so I'm not just viewing one side. What does the future hold?

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
12-10-2015 08:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

ABC said 4 secret service people dead......

really?

1 person died and it wasn't a secret service agent.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
12-31-2015 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(12-10-2015 06:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I read the Yahoo News article and the transcript Mags.

The reporting is a little misleading at the start of the article. It's pretty poor journalism, I agree. But, I think Reid's actual comments (which were reported accurately in the article) are where the real "hype" lies.

Scalia was referencing points cited in unidentified briefs when he talked about some African Americans not being able to keep up in top notch colleges and how most black doctors and scientists graduate from lower level colleges. He was not voicing his own thoughts, as Reid would have one believe.

But, Scalia did, in fact, ponder whether the University of Texas should have fewer black students. He owns that one. I got his point though. He was putting forth that perhaps admitting black students, in part based on race, is a problem which is unfair to those black students and the school if some of those black students can't keep up.

I have no way of knowing if Justice Scalia is a racist. But, personally, I think those who are labeling him a racist based only on what he said during this case review are off-base. The case being reviewed deals with pros and cons associated with academic affirmative action, after all.
It's also unfair to any other race of student who was passed over in order to admit a black student who in the end couldn't keep up.

12-31-2015 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(12-31-2015 09:14 AM)Maggot Wrote:  ABC said 4 secret service people dead......

really?

1 person died and it wasn't a secret service agent.

Terribly sloppy news coverage, for sure, by both ABC and Yahoo News.

The ABC correspondent at the start of the linked video reports 4 agents dead. The ABC reporter on the scene at the end of the video clip reports that 3 of the agents have been released and one is still in the hospital.

12-31-2015 02:03 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I just read where Alex Trebec "savagely" attacked a contestant for her hobby, she did "nerdy rap" and explained what she did. Wanna know what he said? "Sounds like losers"

So savage hah geez,

media labels things that make no sense.

07-19-2017 07:26 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Yup, it's all about the click bait.

07-19-2017 09:46 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

So I'm reading about this Meghan Markle thing and her engagement to a prince Harry and all I see is the royals will never let a mixed race person marry him. The media is screaming they won't get married before anyone from the royal family comments on it. So in my eyes the media is starting a controversy before it even starts.

I consider the papers spreading this crap to be greedy assholes. Creating controversy in order to get more sales. It happens quite a bit.

11-28-2017 09:34 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(11-28-2017 09:34 AM)Maggot Wrote:  So I'm reading about this Meghan Markle thing and her engagement to a prince Harry and all I see is the royals will never let a mixed race person marry him. The media is screaming they won't get married before anyone from the royal family comments on it. So in my eyes the media is starting a controversy before it even starts.

I consider the papers spreading this crap to be greedy assholes. Creating controversy in order to get more sales. It happens quite a bit.
Anything concerning the royals is going to sell in the UK. There are still tons of conspiracy theories published weekly over there about Dianna.

11-28-2017 03:26 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-28-2017 09:34 AM)Maggot Wrote:  So I'm reading about this Meghan Markle thing and her engagement to a prince Harry and all I see is the royals will never let a mixed race person marry him. The media is screaming they won't get married before anyone from the royal family comments on it. So in my eyes the media is starting a controversy before it even starts.

The dating and engagement story, her background, how Dianna would have loved her, blah blah blah......their romance has been all over the media for months.

But, I haven't seen reporters asserting that the royals wouldn't let them marry due to her being mixed race.

Can you provide a link? I'd like to check out that idiocy.

11-28-2017 06:44 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

OK..........newsweek lol

I sometimes wonder who these "experts" are.

11-28-2017 07:47 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-28-2017 07:47 PM)Maggot Wrote:  OK..........newsweek lol

I sometimes wonder who these "experts" are.

hah

That is a really dumb article. Re-quoting 'experts' from a rag speaking for people about things they couldn't possibly know.

Newsweek has really gone downhill.

Harry's fiancee is half black and proud of her family. Like she's really gonna hide that fact when it's already a matter of public record all over the place.

11-28-2017 07:56 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I know, same with Time but its been tossed out there for the unwashed masses and part of the discussion on media hype.

11-28-2017 07:59 PM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

Frickin Media Terrorists through out (ask & or state) to the public, outrageous hypothetical (even scandalous) "food for thought" questions or statements of whatever comes to their minds. Just to try to out do and get a jump their media competitors. It's getting continually worse as time goes by. They want to "one up" each other!

It's no longer Journalism!

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
11-28-2017 08:37 PM