Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
The U.S. is the most respected country in the world.
Maggot Offline
Supermod

The U.S. is the most respected country in the world.

All because of President Obamas leadership.

People don't remember, when I came into office, the United States in world opinion ranked below China and just barely above Russia," President Obama told a gathering of young Southeast Asian leaders on Monday.

"But today, once again, the United States is the most respected country on earth, and part of that I think is because of the work that we did to reengage the world and say that we want to work with you as partners, with mutual interest and mutual respect.

The link

Is Barry living on Earth? Is he taking lessons from Joe Biden? Have I inadvertently taken the wrong elevator into the Twilight zone?

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
06-02-2015 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

RE: The U.S. is the most respected country in the world.

He's full of "SPS"!

Self Praise Stinks! hah

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
06-03-2015 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

The United States is not the most respected country. We are running anywhere from neck & neck with Russia to only slightly above that.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-21-2018 11:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

BigMark Offline
Mocker

I'm from the You Tribe, we are the only True Americans.

01-21-2018 12:20 PM

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

People don't remember because it didn't happen that way
That tard is full of shit

01-21-2018 02:54 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

How dare you!!!! hah

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
01-21-2018 02:58 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-21-2018 11:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

The United States is not the most respected country. We are running anywhere from neck & neck with Russia to only slightly above that.

Yeah, I saw some 2017 rankings a few months back.

According to Forbes' Reputability Survey, the U.S. was ranked #38 in 2017, down 10 full points from 2016.

Our international ranking, according to citizens of the G-8 countries surveyed, rose steadily in the Obama years as compared to the Bush years.

But, we're now on the (rapid) decline. The UK and Russia also slid down the international reputability ladder in 2017, according to the survey results.

[Image: top55-countries-graphic-2017.png?w=640]

The U.S did rank #1, however, when it comes to the disparity between how we see our own reputability and how the rest of the world views us, right up there with Russia and Turkey. 55 ')

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstra...0781492fa1

01-21-2018 04:55 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

What a crock of crap!

We’re just behind Mexico and just ahead of Venezuela?

Who’s responsible for this BS?

01-21-2018 06:07 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Yeah, probably the same ones that came out with the Presidential election polls. hah

01-21-2018 07:26 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-21-2018 06:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  What a crock of crap!

We’re just behind Mexico and just ahead of Venezuela?

Who’s responsible for this BS?

The research group ( Reputation Institute https://www.reputationinstitute.com/ ), the survey categories, and some interpretive analysis are included in the Forbes article I linked, MS.

I wouldn't expect hard-core Trump loyalists (and a lot of other US citizens) to care about how the US is now perceived globally and the potential impacts, even if they don't automatically file it in the "Fake News!!" category because it conflicts with their own perceptions.

Some will wear it like a badge because they like it when our leader disparages other world leaders and looks down on other countries, and others just won't give a shit. That's fine and their right, of course.

In any case, here are the categories in which the US dropped significantly as compared to the same global survey results for 2016:

--Effective Government (-21.6%),
--Progressive Social & Economic Policies (-11.8%),
--Ethics (-11%),
--Responsible Participation in the world (-9.2%),
--Efficiency of Operation (-5.8),
--Friendly and welcoming place (-4.1%)

01-21-2018 08:32 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-21-2018 07:26 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Yeah, probably the same ones that came out with the Presidential election polls. hah

While that is a true knee-slapper Mags..............obviously surveying citizens from G8 countries regarding their perceptions of all countries across the globe has nothing to do with polling US voters and forecasting the results of an internal election.

Anyway, your comment and MS's comment do lend credence to the survey's finding that Americans view the United States' global reputation far more favorably than the rest of the world views our reputation.

Crash, CN, Aussie, Mo, ESAD, Paulistano and other posters outside the US have pointed that out in various manners over the years. And, it's self-evident if you read or watch world news and commentary. So, it's not surprising to me that the disparity exists and has only widened in the US's current political and cultural climate.

Note: I was wrong in my post above about the United States being number one in the self-love disparity category, I read that incorrectly -- Russia is actually number one now and the US is number two.

01-21-2018 08:34 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

Works for me. [Image: icon_dunno.gif]

[Image: PG_2017.06.26.US_Image-00-6.png]

01-21-2018 08:44 PM

crash Offline
Mock Elder

Fucking look at 'straya there batting above our average in #4, Loosey Loo!?!?! Why didn't we notice this years ago? Yeah, probably because we didn't give a fuck really...which is how we got to #4..

01-22-2018 10:00 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(01-22-2018 10:00 AM)crash Wrote:  Fucking look at 'straya there batting above our average in #4, Loosey Loo!?!?! Why didn't we notice this years ago? Yeah, probably because we didn't give a fuck really...which is how we got to #4..

Well you're still better than N.Z. by one. Good to see ya Crash.

01-22-2018 11:36 AM