Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The U.S. is the most respected country in the world.
All because of President Obamas leadership.

People don't remember, when I came into office, the United States in world opinion ranked below China and just barely above Russia," President Obama told a gathering of young Southeast Asian leaders on Monday.

"But today, once again, the United States is the most respected country on earth, and part of that I think is because of the work that we did to reengage the world and say that we want to work with you as partners, with mutual interest and mutual respect.

The link

Is Barry living on Earth? Is he taking lessons from Joe Biden? Have I inadvertently taken the wrong elevator into the Twilight zone?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
He's full of "SPS"!

Self Praise Stinks! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

The United States is not the most respected country. We are running anywhere from neck & neck with Russia to only slightly above that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm from the You Tribe, we are the only True Americans.
People don't remember because it didn't happen that way
That tard is full of shit
How dare you!!!! hah
(01-21-2018, 11:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The United States is not the most respected country. We are running anywhere from neck & neck with Russia to only slightly above that.

Yeah, I saw some 2017 rankings a few months back.

According to Forbes' Reputability Survey, the U.S. was ranked #38 in 2017, down 10 full points from 2016.

Our international ranking, according to citizens of the G-8 countries surveyed, rose steadily in the Obama years as compared to the Bush years.

But, we're now on the (rapid) decline. The UK and Russia also slid down the international reputability ladder in 2017, according to the survey results.

[Image: top55-countries-graphic-2017.png?w=640]

The U.S did rank #1, however, when it comes to the disparity between how we see our own reputability and how the rest of the world views us, right up there with Russia and Turkey. 55 ')

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstra...0781492fa1
What a crock of crap!

We’re just behind Mexico and just ahead of Venezuela?

Who’s responsible for this BS?
Yeah, probably the same ones that came out with the Presidential election polls. hah
(01-21-2018, 06:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: What a crock of crap!

We’re just behind Mexico and just ahead of Venezuela?

Who’s responsible for this BS?

The research group ( Reputation Institute https://www.reputationinstitute.com/ ), the survey categories, and some interpretive analysis are included in the Forbes article I linked, MS.

I wouldn't expect hard-core Trump loyalists (and a lot of other US citizens) to care about how the US is now perceived globally and the potential impacts, even if they don't automatically file it in the "Fake News!!" category because it conflicts with their own perceptions.

Some will wear it like a badge because they like it when our leader disparages other world leaders and looks down on other countries, and others just won't give a shit. That's fine and their right, of course.

In any case, here are the categories in which the US dropped significantly as compared to the same global survey results for 2016:

--Effective Government (-21.6%),
--Progressive Social & Economic Policies (-11.8%),
--Ethics (-11%),
--Responsible Participation in the world (-9.2%),
--Efficiency of Operation (-5.8),
--Friendly and welcoming place (-4.1%)
(01-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yeah, probably the same ones that came out with the Presidential election polls. hah

While that is a true knee-slapper Mags..............obviously surveying citizens from G8 countries regarding their perceptions of all countries across the globe has nothing to do with polling US voters and forecasting the results of an internal election.

Anyway, your comment and MS's comment do lend credence to the survey's finding that Americans view the United States' global reputation far more favorably than the rest of the world views our reputation.

Crash, CN, Aussie, Mo, ESAD, Paulistano and other posters outside the US have pointed that out in various manners over the years. And, it's self-evident if you read or watch world news and commentary. So, it's not surprising to me that the disparity exists and has only widened in the US's current political and cultural climate.

Note: I was wrong in my post above about the United States being number one in the self-love disparity category, I read that incorrectly -- Russia is actually number one now and the US is number two.
Works for me. [Image: icon_dunno.gif]

[Image: PG_2017.06.26.US_Image-00-6.png]
Fucking look at 'straya there batting above our average in #4, Loosey Loo!?!?! Why didn't we notice this years ago? Yeah, probably because we didn't give a fuck really...which is how we got to #4..
(01-22-2018, 10:00 AM)crash Wrote: Fucking look at 'straya there batting above our average in #4, Loosey Loo!?!?! Why didn't we notice this years ago? Yeah, probably because we didn't give a fuck really...which is how we got to #4..

Well you're still better than N.Z. by one. Good to see ya Crash.
(01-22-2018, 11:36 AM)Maggot Wrote: Good to see ya Crash.

Ditto!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-22-2018, 12:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 11:36 AM)Maggot Wrote: Good to see ya Crash.

Ditto!

Ditto the Ditto!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(01-22-2018, 10:00 AM)crash Wrote: Fucking look at 'straya there batting above our average in #4, Loosey Loo!?!?! Why didn't we notice this years ago? Yeah, probably because we didn't give a fuck really...which is how we got to #4..

Go and fuck Gina, Crash. Barnaby doesn't want her, even with the offer of 40k on the table.
Now what did I do to deserve that hate, CrayLa?
You went AWOL and we were all worried about you.
(01-29-2018, 11:28 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: You went AWOL and we were all worried about you.
Not all of us were worried. Crash is a big boy. He comes and goes as he pleases and I never had a second thought about it.