Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

I like trout and always served it with head on; traditionally, that is how it was served in a restaurant. I don't think they do that today, If I am lucky enough to find decent trout here in AZ, I chop that head right off.

I like fish enchiladas, and lobster and shrimp bisque which is just like a soup, only thicker base....Isn't it paella, a Spanish fish dish, which has a variety of seafood?

06-08-2015 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

The best fish I ever had was trout in a restaurant in Colorado. They pan fried it, served with the head on and took the bones out tableside. It was so good, I can't get trout like that here.

06-08-2015 05:23 PM

blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

(06-08-2015 05:23 PM)sally Wrote:  The best fish I ever had was trout in a restaurant in Colorado. They pan fried it, served with the head on and took the bones out tableside. It was so good, I can't get trout like that here.

Well, of course, Colorado, is known for their trout....have you had the red trout? I pan fry my trout with dusting of flour in butter/oil, with almonds.....you can easily remove main bones from two sides of fish. It is much more appetizing now since i have been cutting off head....

06-08-2015 05:26 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(06-07-2015 05:18 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  Fish Tacos are great and happen to be one of my specialties.
You can use a lot of different fish: King, Spanish Mac, Dolphin, Wahoo, Grouper, Snapper...
Those are all white meat fish and are good grilled or fried.
Add in the regulars: Lettuce, tomato, onion, avacado, Jalpeno, any kind of salsa. Mt Mango Salsa goes well on them.

70 Fish tacos are one of my favorites; yours sound delicious (if I wasn't eating healthy).

I like them really simple most of the time -- grilled Talapia (or any white fish, really), a squeeze of lemon, a pinch of cheese, and some very hot sauce in a soft corn tortilla. Shrimp tacos are great too.

(I like fruit and corn, but can't stand either in salsa for some reason.)

06-08-2015 07:25 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(06-07-2015 05:18 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  Fish Tacos are great and happen to be one of my specialties.
You can use a lot of different fish: King, Spanish Mac, Dolphin, Wahoo, Grouper, Snapper...
Those are all white meat fish and are good grilled or fried.
Add in the regulars: Lettuce, tomato, onion, avacado, Jalpeno, any kind of salsa. Mt Mango Salsa goes well on them.
As to fish soup I have had several kinds, most are pretty good. The Seafood Soups are good too.
I like fish and have a pretty wide taste, but thats just me.
Fish tacos are supposed to be served with cabbage, not lettuce. And I love me some fish soup. Especially those with a tomato base.

06-09-2015 01:25 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I love French toast, nom nom nom, but I only eat it on special days. I'm sorry I'm thinking about it.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
06-09-2015 04:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(06-09-2015 04:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I love French toast, nom nom nom, but I only eat it on special days. I'm sorry I'm thinking about it.
I loved the stuff when I was a kid. Don't much care for it now unless it's "stuffed" french toast. That shit is the bomb yo.

06-09-2015 05:15 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I just looked it up. Oooo la la! Fat ass food for sure. *drools*

[Image: french-toast-blueberr-stuffed1.jpg]

06-09-2015 05:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

What are the special days?

06-09-2015 05:28 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Christmas, any time I see my Dad. I only eat it a couple times a year.

06-09-2015 05:30 PM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Those are special days... I eat French toast usually when I go to a diner.

They don't really have those out here though like you find them back east.

06-09-2015 06:02 PM

blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

(06-08-2015 05:23 PM)sally Wrote:  The best fish I ever had was trout in a restaurant in Colorado. They pan fried it, served with the head on and took the bones out tableside. It was so good, I can't get trout like that here.

I lived in Miami Springs when I was based there with airline. Do you live close to Miami? There was the best BBQ place close by.....never found better than that.

06-09-2015 09:53 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I just remembered what we used to call a "fish taco"

One of your specialties Six? hah

06-10-2015 11:41 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(06-10-2015 11:41 AM)Maggot Wrote:  I just remembered what we used to call a "fish taco"

I have brothers & hangout with guys. I know exactly what you're talking about. 113

06-10-2015 01:30 PM