THE REBEL FLAG
Don't you mean every night tiki?

...and when OP calls them bush niggers I want to punch him right in the face with a shot to the balls too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-24-2015, 04:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...and when OP calls them bush niggers I want to punch him right in the face with a shot to the balls too.

Every time he used that phrase, I always thought of Powell and Rice.

I'd been taunted with many names and classifications, but never that one.

It sounds something more appropriate for the indigenous of Australia . . . not for an American red nigger, half breed, apple.
(06-24-2015, 04:53 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Every time he used that phrase, I always thought of Powell and Rice.

I will say that this has been an interesting read.

Some here are in denial that the Confederate flag stands for anything but racism and white supremacy. To fool yourself into believing it's anything but that is comical.

The real question is: what becomes of it?

If a state government continues to fly it, they, by my definition, stand by racism.

Having been to the Deep South many times in my life, I've seen how things work.

Blacks are kept in their place. Oh sure, they're allowed to work for the man, but they keep to themselves. Very segregated.

Biloxi, MS is a great example. Along the coast, you just don't see many (if any) blacks. Period. But, get north of Hwy 10 (5 miles or so), and there they are.

That flag is still very symbolic to this day of what blacks in the South live with.

Northern blacks and Southern blacks are very different I might add.

Well if I could fly that fuckin' flag in here, I would!

...and not because I'm a racist. I'd do it just to bother people.
(06-24-2015, 04:44 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: After getting liquored up, last night, I finally realized why us Injuns make lousy realtors.

And passed out with the thought, my peoples need to become cosmetologists.

Yeah . . . hair.

White devil's hair!

I'm assuming the race card stayed tucked in the bra then?

I always thought he used bush nigger for the Arabs? Or was that sand nigger? I don't remember. But nobody in Australia uses the term bush nigger.
Put it up as Mock's background.
The War of Northern Aggression.

Has a nice ring to it.
You could reach a lot more people posting the Confederate flag over Mock than flying it on your property, I'd guess.

But, I'm not sure who would be bothered by it here.

As far as I can tell, this place doesn't attract a lot of slave descendents and anyone here who actually knows what it stands for isn't bothered by other people viewing or doing what they want with it.
(06-24-2015, 05:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: As far as I can tell, this place doesn't attract a lot of slave descendents and anyone here who actually knows what it stands for isn't bothered by other people viewing or doing what they want with it.

I know. I wanted to bother MS. I wanted to toss the rebel flag over his holier than thou-ness. Dramaqueen
(06-24-2015, 05:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 05:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: As far as I can tell, this place doesn't attract a lot of slave descendents and anyone here who actually knows what it stands for isn't bothered by other people viewing or doing what they want with it.

I know. I wanted to bother MS. I wanted to toss the rebel flag over his holier than thou-ness. Dramaqueen

Huh?

I've been around many who either own the flag, express their love for it, or wish they could live where it flies.

I'm only saying that to believe it doesn't stand for racism and white supremacy is kidding oneself.
(06-24-2015, 05:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm only saying that to believe it doesn't stand for racism and white supremacy is kidding oneself.

I'm serious when I say I never viewed it as racist or a sign of white supremacy. Never in a million years would I think a government building/s would allow a flag to be flown that stood for racism or white supremacy.

I live in a bubble and I like it there.
IMO, at the time it was designed and being flown it stood for more (states' rights, independence from the north, etc).

However, I feel that displaying it on your car, on a t-shirt, etc., since the Civil Rights movement era, it's a distinct statement that says, "bring me back to the days when white were completely in charge and the black man did what we told him to do (or worse)."

Just my opinion.
(06-24-2015, 05:34 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I will say that this has been an interesting read.

Some here are in denial that the Confederate flag stands for anything but racism and white supremacy. To fool yourself into believing it's anything but that is comical.

The real question is: what becomes of it?

If a state government continues to fly it, they, by my definition, stand by racism.

Having been to the Deep South many times in my life, I've seen how things work.

Blacks are kept in their place. Oh sure, they're allowed to work for the man, but they keep to themselves. Very segregated.

Biloxi, MS is a great example. Along the coast, you just don't see many (if any) blacks. Period. But, get north of Hwy 10 (5 miles or so), and there they are.

That flag is still very symbolic to this day of what blacks in the South live with.

Northern blacks and Southern blacks are very different I might add.

Sweet John Brown's body . . . you are a goddammed carpetbagger!

Blacks are kept in their place . . . really? They are forced by the fear of the Klan and the flag to remain in the South and doff their hats to massuh . . . instead of fleeing?

I'm dumbfounded! You paint a portrait of Southern blacks as fearful and docile . . . and yet they choose the oppressive and pervasive Southern racism as opposed to the various flavors served up North?

If they choose to live under the Stars and Bars, then you have demonstrated, to me, the REAL racism exists beyond the boundaries of the Mason Dixon Line.

I suggest you petition for the redesign of ALL flags.

And get over your fear of Northern blacks.
The governor of Alabama just one-upped Governor Haley of South Carolina.

Governor Bentley issued an Executive Order to remove the "divisive" Confederate Flag from the Alabama State Capitol today, along with two other Confederate banners.

[Image: 29EF293200000578-0-image-a-1_1435162640450.jpg]

So, it took the state of Alabama a few years longer than NASCAR and Lynryd Skynyrd to halt using it as a symbol, but it's a done deal now; no 23 or majority congressional vote required.
Is it only me that sees that one, motivated white kid with a gun has done more to motivate and influence race relations within 72 hours than a black president has done, in 7 years?

No caucuses, no committees, no lobbyists, no political posturing or grid lock.

Bullets and bodies . . . the catalyst for racial change.

Sorry, Jesse . . . sorry, Al.
From what I'm reading, more people than not share your view Tiki.

I see it very differently.

I think people's responses to the change going down probably depend a lot on how they viewed the Confederate Flag and its symbolism long before last week's shooting.
So if the little bastard didn't murder 9 bible study members, the Stars and Bars would have come down this week?

I guess I do believe in coincidence.