Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ARIZONA COUPLE MISSING/FOUND DEAD, MICHAEL & TINA CARECCIA
I hope this couple is running from, or to, something on their own accord.

Based on what's been released, they seem to have just vanished.

[Image: 635707616112016919-Untitled.png]
Missing since Monday: Michael Careccia, 44, is a pilot with United Airlines and Tina Careccia, 42, is an accountant. The two are "all around great people who are dedicated to their family," son Luke said.

Investigators said Michael is a 44-year-old White man with black hair and brown eyes, who is 5-feet 10-inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. Tina is a 42-year-old White woman with blonde hair and brown eyes who is 5-feet 8-inches tall and weighs about 140 pounds.

The search continues for any trace of the married couple missing from their rural community since Monday.

A volunteer search group of friends, family and community members have been scaling stretches of desert on foot, by vehicle, and now by air with the use of drones.

"We're not going to stop," said Luke Careccia, Michael's 17-year-old son. Pinal County sheriff's deputies have been combing the area as well, utilizing ATVs and a helicopter.

Luke said he made the call to 911 at about 7:15 p.m. Monday night to report his dad and stepmother as missing. The couple left the house at about 5 a.m. in their 2008 Honda Accord and didn't show up for any of their appointments.

About three hours later, sheriff's deputies found the Honda near Ralson and Papago roads, not far from the Careccias' home, but detectives said there was no sign of where the couple went from there.

The couple hardly ever went out into the desert, family friend Rita Hernandez said, and it seemed odd that their car was found covered in dirt.

"They wouldn't just vanish and leave," Hernandez said, adding that Michael Careccia always kept his car clean.

Alexis Kroll, a bartender at the restaurant, said Michael and Tina Careccia were regulars. The two were high-school sweethearts who recently reunited and have been married for the past year, she said.

Volunteers have been combing a 20-mile area between Interstate 8 and State Route 238.

When asked where he planned to search next, Luke said, "Everywhere. We're combing every inch of land." He last saw his dad and stepmother on Sunday night, when they said goodnight to him and his cousin.

Family and friends don't believe foul play to be a probability. Luke said, "I don't see what the motive would be."

Investigators asked anyone with information to contact sheriff's detectives at 520-866-5111.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loca.../29233519/
Is it odd that a teenager would call 911 because their employed parents aren't home for dinner by 7 PM?

Or the fact he knew they missed their appointments . . .

Teenagers I know would be complaining that Mom and Dad aren't responding after blowing up their phones all day.

Weird vibe with this one.
Yeah, I didn't quite understand why Michael's son Luke claimed friends and family don't suspect foul play. If they don't believe that the couple would ever just up and vanish willingly (as they also claimed), then what do they believe is the other option?

I mean, the couple's abandoned dirty car was found in the desert 3 hours after they left for work on Monday. That area has been searched for days. I don't think an accident or wandering off and getting lost is a logical possibility based on what's been released.

It's what's not been released that I'm curious about.

1. Did Michael or Tina have cell phones? If so, what do their phone records show in terms of ping locations and call/text activity?
2. Did either of them have addictions, money problems, lovers on the side...? Any history of suicidal or homicidal thoughts/threats?
3. When was the last time anyone but the son and the cousin saw the couple?
4. Is there any record of recent threats or altercations between the couple and person(s) outside the family?
5. Any other reports of people in that general area disappearing off the road in a similar fashion?

I'd bet all of those angles (and more) are being investigated by police, but I haven't seen any such details covered in the media yet.
Is there an ex-spouse in either of their lives who didn't take too kindly to being jilted? From the linked story above:

"The two were high-school sweethearts who recently reunited and have been married for the past year"

Should be interesting.
(06-25-2015, 03:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, I didn't quite understand why Michael's son Luke claimed friends and family don't suspect foul play. If they don't believe that the couple would ever just up and vanish willingly (as they also claimed), then what do they believe is the other option?

I mean, the couple's abandoned dirty car was found in the desert 3 hours after they left for work on Monday. That area has been searched for days. I don't think an accident or wandering off and getting lost is a logical possibility based on what's been released.

It's what's not been released that I'm curious about.

1. Did Michael or Tina have cell phones? If so, what do their phone records show in terms of ping locations and call/text activity?
2. Did either of them have addictions, money problems, lovers on the side...? Any history of suicidal or homicidal thoughts/threats?
3. When was the last time anyone but the son and the cousin saw the couple?
4. Is there any record of recent threats or altercations between the couple and person(s) outside the family?
5. Any other reports of people in that general area disappearing off the road in a similar fashion?

I'd bet all of those angles (and more) are being investigated by police, but I haven't seen any such details covered in the media yet.
I've been following this one. The answer to #5 is no. Also, not sure why it's being reported now that the car was found close to their home. All of the reports here have been consistent that the car was found in the desert outside of town. There really haven't been any updates to the case since it broke so I'm thinking LE knows more than they're telling and they're just waiting for someone with information to come forward.
I know parts of Arizona fairly well because I have family there, but I'm confused about the location on this one Gunnar.

The reports indicate that the couple lives in an unincorporated area of Maricopa, Arizona and in Pinal County. Does that make sense?

Some articles say that they left for work and their car was found 3 hours later (which would be about 8 a.m.). But, this one says it was found 3 hours after they were reported missing (which would be more like 10:15 p.m.). It indicates that the couple's 2008 Honda Accord was found near North Ralston and West Papago roads. Link: http://www.abc15.com/news/region-central...r-maricopa
I'll field this one.

South of Gilbert . . . about 20 miles.

Sarah Palin's daughter owns a home in Maricopa.

Maricopa is a both a town and a county.

They are referring to the town.
Thanks Tiki!

I see now that Maricopa is a separate city in Pinal County.

Cities Within Pinal County, Arizona
[Image: AZ-Pinal.gif]

When I hear Maricopa, I immediately think of the county (and Sheriff Joe).
(06-25-2015, 05:41 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thanks Tiki!

I see now that Maricopa is a separate city in Pinal County.

Cities Within Pinal County, Arizona
[Image: AZ-Pinal.gif]

When I hear Maricopa, I immediately think of the county (and Sheriff Joe).

On the map, I would live between Apache Junction and Superior; just place black dot halfway between AJ and Superior and that is my town.....at base of Superstition Mountains.
Most beautiful mountains in the Phoenix metro area, BH.

My house has an unobstructed view of the Superstitions, Four Peaks and the McDowells to the east and Camelback to the West.
I think that's a gorgeous area, especially at sunset.
(06-25-2015, 05:39 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I'll field this one.

South of Gilbert . . . about 20 miles.

Sarah Palin's daughter owns a home in Maricopa.

Maricopa is a both a town and a county.

They are referring to the town.

Hey, BT, didn't Bristol or Pistol, sell that house several years ago. I seem to recall reading that somewhere.....
You have a better view than I do, but it is quiet and peaceful out here. We did have a neighbor who went bonkers, burned his house down, got his gun and went to mailboxes shooting his gun off several times. Luckily no one was in his way......
My neighbor across from me found a rattlesnake just off her patio last week. She didn't want to kill it so she had gardener put it just over fence so it could crawl over to my house.....
I read Tina's daughter's Facebook page.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/blayke.perry

The daughter, Blayke Perry, made a comment that police have confirmed the blonde female bank robbery suspect they're looking for is not Tina. The bank was robbed in Mesa on Tuesday.

There's also a comment to that effect on the Facebook Search page for the couple.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/Maricopafindmik...na?fref=ts

And, earlier today, LE posted an update on the missing persons case on the Pinal County Sheriff's Facebook page; it too states that the suspect is not Tina.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pinal-Cou...80?fref=ts

So, I found a photo of the bank robbery suspect. To me, it looks like maybe it could be Tina (in a less than stellar state or under duress/force), and I can imagine some reasons for LE to tell the public it's not her when they suspect that it is.

[Image: 635707685917899314-Suspect-1.jpg]
Bank robbery suspect ^

[Image: 76eb8266-2ff9-448d-8194-eb39ce59c647_zps3dgwkn3w.jpg]
Tina Careccia ^

Do you see any resemblance or am I trippin'?
You're not tripping and local media did not mention this during the evening news.

Too silent and complacent.

LE knows something . . . I believe they are keeping it close to their breast.
She's either got a doppleganger, or she robbed a bank.
Thanks Tiki.

I hadn't heard anything about a bank robbery until I saw that comment on the daughter's page, and then it took a while to even find a story about it.

It looks enough like Tina to make me wonder. And if it was a local story there and then suddenly dropped from coverage, maybe LE pieced the two cases together and doesn't wanna scare or tip off the couple or someone who's holding them?

All pure speculation.
I think you're spot-on.
(06-25-2015, 11:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thanks Tiki.

I hadn't heard anything about a bank robbery until I saw that's comment on the daughter's page, and then it took a while to even find a story about it.

It looks enough like Tina to make me wonder. And if it was a local story there and then suddenly dropped from coverage, maybe LE pieced the two cases together and doesn't wanna scare or tip off the couple or someone who's holding them?

All pure speculation.

Pretty darn observant, Hair....I did hear briefly about a female bank robber, but wasn't mentioned a lot on local news, very low-key event apparently....but in all fairness sometimes I only half listen to News.
I only followed up on what must have been other people's observation about the bank robbery suspect looking like the missing wife. The daughter, the search organizers, and LE are telling us "it's not Tina" for some reason.

I was surprised to get a clear suspect photo when I found the very brief news report about the bank robbery. Link: http://www.abc15.com/news/region-southea...ry-in-mesa

The weight and height of the female bank robber description doesn't match that on Tina's missing person description, but eyewitnesses are often off and it's sometimes hard to gauge those things from video. It might not be Tina, but I think it is. If so, where's Mike and did Tina steal the money for herself or was she made to do it by a captor?

Right now, my gut tells me that Mike and Tina have some demons they're chasing, not the other way around. But, I have nothing at all to back that up and hope they're found safe either way.
LE continues to assert that the female who robbed a bank on Tuesday is not Tina Careccia, who's been missing with her husband since Monday.

So then, back to "where are the Careccias?"

I wonder if there's any surveillance video of them driving on Monday morning and whether the home has been searched. Mike's son Luke said he and his cousin last saw the couple before bed on Sunday night.

Maybe something happened to them on Sunday night and the car was then dumped?

According to Tina's daughter's FB page, their cell phones had been turned off. That's not confirmed though, LE hasn't made any statements about cell phones (or anything else, other than the location of where the car was found and searches are being conducted).

LE has set up a Silent Tips line.

The family is offering a $3k reward for information.

This case has me really curious.