Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird or gross food that you like
I like those little white, round potatoes in the can browned in butter and sprinkled with paprika. The canned taste doesn't bother me. I almost like them better than fresh potatoes.

I also liked canned, cold Veg-All drained and mixed with mayonnaise.
I've always called them "bald potatoes". I like them too. They're great roasted with meat, in stews, and chopped up in ground beef tacos or carnitas.

I don't know if it's weird or not (my niece says it is), but I use jarred jalapeno juice as topper on a lot of foods and pickle juice as salad dressing. They're low calorie and I like the taste.
I drink jalapeno or pickle juice when I have a hangover or just have an upset stomach. Something about the salt and acid makes me feel better.
Hot dogs.
Y'all are lacking in some sort of mineral it seems.
I love olive juice and blue cheese stuffed olives. I love spam sandwiches. I adore cheap sauerkraut straight out of the can with lots of black pepper on it. Sometimes I'll get a big serving spoon full of sour cream and eat it.
I'm so.hungry right now. Ugh.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
(07-06-2015, 01:51 AM)Love Child Wrote: Y'all are lacking in some sort of mineral it seems.

We'll know for sure when they start eating dirt like horses do when they are lacking minerals.Smiley_emoticons_wink
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I can't think of anything weird or gross I eat. I don't put just anything in my mouth. I think eating cooked flesh is gross and seeing blood on a plate because your steak is rare is almost vomit inducing.

I keep these thoughts to myself irl, I don't want the people I'm around to be uncomfortable eating in front of me.
(07-06-2015, 05:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I don't put just anything in my mouth. I think eating cooked flesh is gross

But the uncooked stuff you can't get enough of?

Sinner.

Giving head doesn't make me want to heave like a rare burger or steak would.

Hummmmmmmmm
This is bound to freak a few of you Americans the fuck out, but at Christmas, I always make Vegemite prawn heads.

You have to get the big ass, green king prawns. Peel them as normal and do whatever with the prawn meat. Then I get a really sharp knife and cut the tops of the heads, getting rid of the spike and eyes and shit. Then rinse all the guts out of them, but leave the legs intact.

I place whatever heads come off about five pounds of whole prawns into a big ol mason jar with a can of IIPA, a big tablespoon of Vegemite and some hot sauce and let it soak a few hours. Take them out and drain them and get my bbq plate fucking smoking hot, like throw a few drops of oil on and they smoke, catch fire and jump off the plate hot. Throw a few heads on so the legs are splayed out and flatten with a big ass spatula. Let them get crispy, only a few minutes and put aside to keep warm whilst you cook the rest.

Fucking awesome! Flavour, texture, bite and beer. Party in my mouth..
(07-06-2015, 07:44 AM)crash Wrote: This is bound to freak a few of you Americans the fuck out, but at Christmas, I always make Vegemite prawn heads.

You have to get the big ass, green king prawns. Peel them as normal and do whatever with the prawn meat. Then I get a really sharp knife and cut the tops of the heads, getting rid of the spike and eyes and shit. Then rinse all the guts out of them, but leave the legs intact.

I place whatever heads come off about five pounds of whole prawns into a big ol mason jar with a can of IIPA, a big tablespoon of Vegemite and some hot sauce and let it soak a few hours. Take them out and drain them and get my bbq plate fucking smoking hot, like throw a few drops of oil on and they smoke, catch fire and jump off the plate hot. Throw a few heads on so the legs are splayed out and flatten with a big ass spatula. Let them get crispy, only a few minutes and put aside to keep warm whilst you cook the rest.

Fucking awesome! Flavour, texture, bite and beer. Party in my mouth..
sounds delicious. My latest gross thing to eat(when I'm not eating my own boogers and fingernails) is stir fried octopus.
I like shrimp also, its not so much the taste but the texture. Fried blood sausage is good too. Banana fern roots, teaberry leaves and dandelion greens are good. Biting into a Vidalia onion has its perks.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Grilled rattlesnake. Omg. Its so good. So. So so. Good.
Cooked slow over a low fire...
(07-05-2015, 11:44 PM)Cutz Wrote: Hot dogs.
I remember when I'd eat these almost daily. I had hot dogs yesterday and I think it was the first ones I had in a month or two.
Livermush! But you usually have to be from NC to understand.
(07-06-2015, 08:42 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Cooked slow over a low fire...

Yes!! Preferably mesquiteSmiley_emoticons_smile
(07-06-2015, 10:29 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: Livermush! But you usually have to be from NC to understand.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush
I love head cheese and liver so I could totally see myself eating this.