Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KILLS WOMAN IN SAN FRANCISCO -- the death of Kathryn Steinle
I feel a protest coming on!
(07-14-2015, 06:26 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: California subsidizes illegals' auto insurance . . . don't they?

I don't know about that specifically.

We do have government-sponsored car insurance for low-income drivers with good driving records. It's something like $350 per year.

I don't think low-income illegal immigrants would be excluded from qualifying for that program.
(07-14-2015, 06:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 06:26 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: California subsidizes illegals' auto insurance . . . don't they?

I don't know about that specifically.

We do have government-sponsored car insurance for low-income drivers with good driving records. It's something like $350 per year.

I don't think low-income illegal immigrants would be excluded from qualifying for that program.
So... People who don't pay taxes can take advantage of this? Now I wanna protest!
Protest another state's policies to your heart's content Gunnar. I suggest you start up your protest in Compton, or Oakland perhaps -- only because lodging is fairly cheap in those California cities, of course.

But, before you cross the border, you might wanna investigate how much illegal immigrants pay in taxes in California, just to make sure you don't look any more ignorant than necessary.

Also check into the number of native Californians who don't pay certain taxes but also qualify for the program.
(07-14-2015, 06:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Protest another state's policies to your heart's content Gunnar. I suggest you start up your protest in Compton, or Oakland perhaps -- only because lodging is fairly cheap in those California cities, of course.

But, before you cross the border, you might wanna investigate how much illegal immigrants pay in taxes in California, just to make sure you don't look any more ignorant than necessary.

Also check into the number of native Californians who don't pay certain taxes but also qualify for the program.
Oh I'm certain there's plenty of welfare babies in California. Every time I visit California, I spend my evenings hiding the welfare checks under the work boots on every porch in Compton.
(07-14-2015, 06:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Also check into the number of native Californians who don't pay certain taxes but also qualify for the program.

But they are citizens.

Even if they live in a trailer or are black.

I believe BG's point is that the Republic of California is giving benefits to foreign nationals, paid for by the capitalists of California.

If illegals are low income, how much in taxes are they really paying, too?

Why are they a protected class? It wasn't like we bought them, brought them to our shores, reigned supreme over them . . . and owned them.

Brown is not the new black!

It is my understanding that the license and insurance program came to fruition to combat the abundance of illegals driving without both licenses and insurance.

Additionally, it will allow them to register to vote . . . and buy a gun.

Rights that certain US citizens are denied.

I want to know what the water consumption is for the illegals.

If you get rid of all the illegals, I'd bet user could keep her lawn pristine.
(07-14-2015, 07:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 06:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Protest another state's policies to your heart's content Gunnar. I suggest you start up your protest in Compton, or Oakland perhaps -- only because lodging is fairly cheap in those California cities, of course.

Oh I'm certain there's plenty of welfare babies in California. Every time I visit California, I spend my evenings hiding the welfare checks under the work boots on every porch in Compton.

Well then, you're not very state-patriotic Gunnar. You'd do more good staying home and protesting, or hiding checks, or whatever it is you're suggesting you should do.

Arizona has one of the highest percentages of food stamp recipients in the country; over 15%. California has one of the lowest; under 10%.

P.s. I was actually referring to people who need auto insurance but don't pay income tax because they go to school or take care of their families rather than work, they're elderly, they're disabled, and whatnot.

Aww shit! You edited! Taz

I was going to ask if it were Happy Hour. Hehe
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-14-2015, 07:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Arizona has one of the highest percentage of food stamp recipients in the country; over 15%. California has one of the lowest; under 10%.

Illegals and retirees . . .

And the majority of the funds are Federal.
(07-14-2015, 07:23 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I believe BG's point is that the Republic of California is giving benefits to foreign nationals, paid for by the capitalists of California.

Is that what he was saying? Thank you. But, that's not exactly a news flash.

You can look at California as a sanctuary state across the board, I guess.

We vote for our state and county/city leaders. We benefit from illegal immigrants in some ways and they cost us in others. I don't know why anyone from Arizona wants to protest auto insurance programs open to all low-income residents of California, but okay.

Anyway, some Californians generally support the state's approach to immigrants and some don't. That's the way it works.

I think it will be great if the federal government ever gets anywhere on immigration reform that moves a lot of Mexicans, South Americans and Central Americans out of "illegal" status, but that's been dragging on for years.

In the meantime, it's largely up to the states.
(07-14-2015, 07:41 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You can look at California as a sanctuary state across the board, I guess.

In the meantime, it's largely up to the states.

I don't view California as a sanctuary state.

As to "largely up to the states" . . . look what happened to SB1070.

The Fed's stated their law . . . ahem . . . "Trumped" AZ law.

[Image: frabz-I-dont-always-speak-0n-illegal-imm...54252b.jpg]
(07-14-2015, 07:51 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: The Fed's stated their law . . . ahem . . . "Trumped" AZ law.

Well, in attempt to do what some Arizona politicians, LEOs, and citizens felt the Feds weren't doing, y'all went and violated the Constitution -- so sayeth the Supreme Court.

Still, Arizona is way more aggressive in proactively looking for illegal immigrants to imprison and/or deport for simply being in the U.S. than most other states.

There is in fact a big difference in immigration laws/policies between states as it stands, even between neighboring states like ours.

"Trumped" is taking on a whole new meaning these days, especially when it comes to immigration.

I understand that Trump drew a huge crowd in Phoenix last weekend when he and Sheriff Joe Arpaio appeared together.

[Image: trump_sheriff_joe_port4173446775.png]

I like that Sheriff Joe is very tough on violent criminals and he often amuses me. But, he sometimes goes too far and rubs me wrong politically. I think he'd be a perfect VP candidate for The Donald!

Anderson interviewed Katheryn's brother and that family is not happy with the Donald. They believe Donald is using their sister/daughter's death for his own purposes. Donald has never even contacted that family yet he's throwing her name around on a daily basis. It was a good interview, it won't help Donald at all, it made him look like the big asshole he is.
Hmmm, a bigger asshole than say, Obama? The guy who has frequently used tragedy to grandstand, but somehow this time can't muster a feeble attempt at a comment? The guy who swore to uphold the Constitution and is ignoring illegal immigration vis a vie sanctuary cities and giving tacit approval to the clear violation of the law?

Trump is a carnival barker for sure, but he's not in charge. Obama's a bigger asshole if you ask me.
It's disappointing to me that a gun stolen from an FBI agent's car was used to shoot and kill Kathryn Steinle.

And, an FBI employee could have kept the gun used to kill the nine Charleston church-goers out of the shooter's hands, but failed to administer the existing gun control law properly.

That's not to absolve the two shooters of any responsibility whatsoever, it's just disappointing and ironic to me.
(07-14-2015, 09:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 07:51 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: The Fed's stated their law . . . ahem . . . "Trumped" AZ law.

Well, in attempt to do what some Arizona politicians, LEOs, and citizens felt the Feds weren't doing, y'all went and violated the Constitution -- so sayeth the Supreme Court.

Still, Arizona is way more aggressive in proactively looking for illegal immigrants to imprison and/or deport for simply being in the U.S. than most other states.

There is in fact a big difference in immigration laws/policies between states as it stands, even between neighboring states like ours.

"Trumped" is taking on a whole new meaning these days, especially when it comes to immigration.

I understand that Trump drew a huge crowd in Phoenix last weekend when he and Sheriff Joe Arpaio appeared together.

[Image: trump_sheriff_joe_port4173446775.png]

I like that Sheriff Joe is very tough on violent criminals and he often amuses me. But, he sometimes goes too far and rubs me wrong politically. I think he'd be a perfect VP candidate for The Donald!
One would wonder why that is? hah
Not this "one" Gunnar.

I wouldn't wonder why that is.

I get it.

I can't hardly stand how Donald Trump looks. He's such an obnoxious muthafucka. Dislike his hair, dislike his obnoxious fuckface, dislike his fricken pompous, know-it-all attitude. When he pokes that finger into the air I imagine snapping at with my teeth or grabbing it and giving a quick snap.

I am a quiet, loving, gentle soul not the violent, nail a bitch with a brick hothead I portray online. I swear.
(07-15-2015, 02:34 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I can't hardly stand how Donald Trump looks. He's such an obnoxious muthafucka. Dislike his hair, dislike his obnoxious fuckface, dislike his fricken pompous, know-it-all attitude. When he pokes that finger into the air I imagine snapping at with my teeth or grabbing it and giving a quick snap.

I am a quiet, loving, gentle soul not the violent, nail a bitch with a brick hothead I portray online. I swear.
It moved.
(07-15-2015, 02:34 PM)Duchess Wrote: I can't hardly stand how Donald Trump looks. He's such an obnoxious muthafucka. Dislike his hair, dislike his obnoxious fuckface, dislike his fricken pompous, know-it-all attitude. When he pokes that finger into the air I imagine snapping at with my teeth or grabbing it and giving a quick snap.

He's the number one GOP candidate according to all recent polls. hah

He's got like 17% of the Republican vote, about 5 points in front of Jeb Bush.

I actually kinda like what I've heard from Jeb Bush on immigration, so far. He seems to have taken a reasonable middle-ground stance. He's only spoken at very top levels about it, but I'm interested in hearing more details from him.