Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 YR OLD DEORR KUNZ JR, MISSING FROM IDAHO CAMPGROUND

I may have missed this but...did they all travel to the campground in one vehicle?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-18-2015, 11:32 AM)sally Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 11:13 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know where Deorr Sr.'s dad got the "four-minute window". Maybe Jessica's grandfather was watching the baby for part of the time, saw him toddle off towards his parents, and figured they'd see him?

That's basically what the father said in the video that you posted, grandpa let the little boy go to see his parents figuring they would see him. Which is believable to me because I could picture my dumbass FIL doing that. That's why I don't let him watch my kid.

Seems like a four minute window wasn't a whole lot of time for a just so happened passer by "kidnapper" to be there to snatch the kid, or even for a predator to grab the kid and drag him off without the kid screaming, yelling & crying. (Kid just vanished in thin air?) Surely one of the close by parents & or the GF would have heard something. Seemingly the parent's presented scenario has gotten more questionable with each and every passing hour/day.
I want to believe they are not killer's, but . . . . .
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(07-18-2015, 11:32 AM)sally Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 11:13 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know where Deorr Sr.'s dad got the "four-minute window". Maybe Jessica's grandfather was watching the baby for part of the time, saw him toddle off towards his parents, and figured they'd see him?

That's basically what the father said in the video that you posted, grandpa let the little boy go to see his parents figuring they would see him. Which is believable to me because I could picture my dumbass FIL doing that. That's why I don't let him watch my kid.

I just listened to that part again.

Dad says gramps told him, "I thought he came up to you" when dad gets back to the campsite and finds the baby missing.

From the original news reports, it came across to me as though gramps had no clue he was supposed to be watching Deorr and thought Deorr had gone with the parents when they left to explore.

But, I think you're right -- now it sounds like gramps knew he was supposed to be watching the baby and let him wander off in the direction of his parents. If that's what happened, gramps has got to be out of his mind with guilt. And, it was a dumbass move.
(07-18-2015, 11:41 AM)Duchess Wrote: I may have missed this but...did they all travel to the campground in one vehicle?

I reviewed a bunch of the media reports and didn't see any mention as to whether little Deorr and all four of the adults drove to the campsite together.

The only mention of a vehicle is dad's black truck.
(07-18-2015, 12:09 PM)Carsman Wrote: Seems like a four minute window wasn't a whole lot of time for a just so happened passer by "kidnapper" to be there to snatch the kid, or even for a predator to grab the kid and drag him off without the kid screaming, yelling & crying. (Kid just vanished in thin air?) Surely one of the close by parents & or the GF would have heard something. Seemingly the parent's presented scenario has gotten more questionable with each and every passing hour/day.
I want to believe they are not killer's, but . . . . .

I don't know. At first I thought they seemed too calm on the video, but since then they've been camped out at the site, going along with the police and offered lie detector tests. No one in the family seems strange and the "I thought he was with you" scenario is believable.

It's not your typical missing child story where you just know the parents are guilty or the child was abducted.
Search Continues

Idaho authorities are now using sonar as well as divers to search a remote reservoir for missing 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr.

Police divers have been methodically searching every square inch of the reservoir for the little boy after cadaver dogs indicated there may be something there.

However, Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman tells HLN they just learned that someone had been dumping human cremains in the reservoir, and that very well could be the smell the dogs picked up on.

“It’s pretty disappointing. Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we’re searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area,” says Bowerman. “Nevertheless, we have sonar there today and divers still at the reservoir. We are going to side scan and sonar the whole lake. We have people up there on horseback too searching as we speak.”

Authorities say while nothing has been ruled out, they don’t believe foul play is in involved. “We are still treating it as a missing person,” says Sheriff Bowerman.

Bowerman says the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children have requested they collect DNA samples from the parents. “They want that on file so if the child turns up somewhere else they can easily check if there’s a match. It’s standard procedure with all missing children,” Bowman said.

Bowerman says they will complete their search of the reservoir and re-assess at the end of the weekend where to focus on next. In the meantime, they are following up on all the leads and tips that keep coming in.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/07/17/...r-abducted
It's fucked up all the way around. How could 4 adults not manage to keep an eye on one two year old?

I haven't really "studied" the timelines but is there a chance the parents left the child for significantly longer than they're claiming? As I understand it, they're saying they walked about 10 minutes. What if, instead, they left that child (supposedly with gramps) for an hour or more? I could see THAT being enough time for the child to really wander off, drown etc. The abductor theory is still unlikely but the longer you stretch out the parent's absence, the more anything seems possible.
Commando Cunt Queen
It would be extremely difficult to "explore anything" in the wilderness for only ten minutes and when you're camping time has a way of stretching out and vanishing anyway. The gaps are plenty for a predator like a mountain lion or an accidental drowning. From the reports it's starting to feel like a neglect issue no one wants to cop to. Like the kid was left to his own devices longer than they knew was appropriate.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
WITHOUT A TRACE...

[Image: Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg--1-.jpg]

The Lemhi County Sheriff's office has announced they are scaling back on the search for the missing 2 year old boy DeOrr Kunz.

Crews have been searching the Timber Creek/Stone Reservoir area for ten days now. The Sheriff's office has decided to redirect the investigation but will continue to keep a presence in the Timber Creek area to search for clues. They believe it is still possible DeOrr may have been abducted by strangers or wild animals.

Numerous resources, including helicopters, divers, side scan sonar, scent dogs, cadaver dogs, horses, ATVs, and over 300 people on the ground, were used to grid and search the reservoir, the creek, and the hillsides, with absolutely no sign of DeOrr.

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says the parents are not suspects in the case.
I don't know what to think about this case.

It seems very strange to me that nothing reportedly on Deorr's person has turned up in such an extensive search of the area if he wandered off, fell into the water, or was taken by wild animals. No jacket, no pants, no boots, no Hot Wheels truck. No Deorr.

I wonder if there are any pictures of Deorr taken at the campsite that day and if the parents, gramps and gramps' friend have taken polys yet?

Mom is said to be clinging to his blanket, which was reportedly left in the truck. I could see myself doing that. But, the parents also said that Deorr was never without his blanket and it was near nap time when they left to explore.

I've asked myself if maybe Deorr was sound asleep and the adults figured it was okay to leave him for a while and came back to find Deorr gone.

I've also asked myself if LE has any proof that Deorr was actually at the campsite.

I've also asked myself if it's possible the store clerk did see a man in a black truck with a filthy bawling Deorr around 6 p.m. and it's being downplayed by LE and the parents while that lead is being pursued.

And, how did little Deorr's paternal grandpa come up with precisely a "four minute window"?

I still think it's most likely that Deorr is in the water, but 10 days is a long time and nothing released to the public rules out any of the other possible scenarios yet.
Water is going to be cold up there, might take a while for him to float if he is in there.
Something I know about camping, no one is paying any attention to what time it is, that 10 minute walk by mom and dad could have easily been an hour.
Gramps not watching the little guy like a hawk probably because he wan't thinking about anything happening to the kid.
I can easily see the kid wandering off the wrong direction but seems they should have found him by now.
Bears up there and a 2 yr old isn't too big, would be a terrible thing.
I would think someone would hear something going on if it was a bear or find blood with a dog. it wasn't a bear.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-19-2015, 03:04 PM)username Wrote: It's fucked up all the way around. How could 4 adults not manage to keep an eye on one two year old?

I haven't really "studied" the timelines but is there a chance the parents left the child for significantly longer than they're claiming? As I understand it, they're saying they walked about 10 minutes. What if, instead, they left that child (supposedly with gramps) for an hour or more? I could see THAT being enough time for the child to really wander off, drown etc. The abductor theory is still unlikely but the longer you stretch out the parent's absence, the more anything seems possible.

The dad said in the video that they had been at the campsite since 1pm. 911 was at 2:30. After searching for 20 minutes. So they were at the campsite for about an hour before mom and dad left Deorr behind. With the mom's grandfather. I wonder how much time the adults spent yelling at each other before they actually went looking for him. And why dad took off in his truck to go out and get cell reception when mom's call was perfectly clear. My guess? The adults wasted time arguing about who was at fault.
After the first three days of searching, LE suspended the search. Here's the Sheriff's report as to why, submitted on July 13th.

SHERIFF REPORTS TO COMMISSIONERS 7-13-15 LMS

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told the Lemhi County Commissioners Monday, July 13, that based on the intense and extensive search conducted near Leadore for two year old Deorr Kunz Jr., it doesn’t make sense that the boy was not found.

Bowerman said the trained search dogs found nothing and kept coming back to the camp. Helicopters were used day and night to fly the area and fly over Stone Reservoir which is shallow enough to see to the bottom. He said divers explored the lake while approximately 150 volunteers on foot and on horseback conducted a thorough three mile grid-search of Timber Creek. The possibility of abduction by bear, wolf or mountain lion is not being ruled out although no trace of the boy or his apparel, which included oversized cowboy boots, was found.

The small boy disappeared Friday, July 10, from the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir. Bowerman said Timber Creek terrain is steep and rugged and is a mix of sagebrush and timber. He said given the proven expertise of the dogs the boy should have been found the first day.

Commissioner Chairman Rick Snyder described the area where the family was camped as being at the lake’s outlet which is very steep with very fast moving water flowing through brush and trees and limbs, all of which were pulled apart by searchers. Bowerman said people in wet suits were in the creek searching every hole.

The search has been officially suspended. The sheriff said investigators from Bonneville and Bingham counties have offered assistance in further follow-up investigations into any possible criminal histories of those involved.
http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap

Then, the cadaver dogs started picking up a death scent in the water; the search efforts were back on and expanded. Divers with sonar did a major search of the creek and the reservoir for days.

Until, LE learned that somebody had dumped cremated human remains in the water days after Deorr was reported missing and that's what the cadaver dogs appear to have started hitting on.

So now, the search is again suspended and the investigation has been re-directed. Odd course of events.

It bothers me that the scent dogs (not the cadaver dogs who are trained to detect human decomp/remains) just kept circling back to the campsite where little Deorr's belongings were located. Deorr himself and his belongings would carry his scent. If he toddled off, it's curious to me that the tracking dogs reportedly didn't follow his scent anywhere.

I wondered if he could have been put into the trunk of another vehicle and taken from the site. That's why I was curious to know how many vehicles originally went there. I'm sure LEO have already looked into that though. Such a mystery :(
(07-21-2015, 02:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: I wondered if he could have been put into the trunk of another vehicle and taken from the site. That's why I was curious to know how many vehicles originally went there. I'm sure LEO have already looked into that though. Such a mystery :(

It's a reasonable question.

I too wonder if all 4 adults reported to LE that they rode to the campsite together with little Deorr.

I'd really like to know whether Jessica Mitchell's grandpa told LE definitively whether he was asked to watch little Deorr while the parental unit went off to explore.

And, I'm pretty damned curious as to grandpa's elusive friend -- who is this dude? how long has he known gramps? how old is he? where was he when the parents supposed gramps was watching the baby?

Any criminal records or CPS cases against any of the adults in the case?

As long as LE is all over those angles, I'm cool and I have no right to demand answers. Still, inquiring minds and all...
(07-22-2015, 12:04 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Still, inquiring minds and all...

I don't think we can help but wonder how a small child can simply disappears into thin air. I can see that happening with adults because some WANT to disappear but I don't see how it can happen with a little kid.
(07-22-2015, 06:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 12:04 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Still, inquiring minds and all...
I don't think we can help but wonder how a small child can simply disappears into thin air. I can see that happening with adults because some WANT to disappear but I don't see how it can happen with a little kid.

I'd hoped Deorr would be found by now and a lot of questions could be answered. But, the Sheriff's office contends they "have not one clue" about what happened to him.

In a phone call today Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn D. Bowerman confirmed that someone, who was scattering human remains of a family member in the area, did accidentally contaminate the search area. The scent of those remains threw off some of the dogs searching for DeOrr, leading the trackers on a false trail.

Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened.

The sheriff also stated that at this time he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public. (If the parents passed their polys and they get a lawyer, the lawyer will definitely tell the public IMO.)

The Lemhi County Sheriff's office is asking the public to continue to report any information to the Idaho Fusion Center at (208) 846-7676, or to the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office at (208) 756-8980.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-detai...r/34281340
I dislike coincidences. Someone decided to scatter ashes in that spot what...right before, during or after the boy's disappearance? I hope whomever supposedly did this has been well vetted although it couldn't possibly be the boy's ashes, right? They didn't have that amount of time (I'm assuming).

I think Dono may be right...extensive neglect that the adults are trying to cover. But...where's the kid??? *scratches head*
Commando Cunt Queen
What if they killed the kid and burned his body before they even went camping? IDK but I have very little hope that this boy is alive and I think the parents did it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies