Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What a asshole.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/californ...-car-had-1

I call this guy a asshole because he is probably the reason there is and has ben a ammo shortage. 6.5 tons of ammo. I am glad you are dead you non sharing bastard.

The body of a mystery man was decomposing in his car in the ritzy Pacific Palisades neighborhood in Southern California for nearly two weeks before he was found by authorities, an attorney said.

Inside his home, detectives discovered more than 1,200 guns, scopes, 6.5 tons of ammunition, bows and arrows, knives, machetes and $230,000 in cash after he was found on Friday.

They also located eight of the 14 vehicles stashed around Los Angeles registered to the man, including an SUV designed to drive underwater.

Who he was and how he came to accumulate the arsenal and vehicles are questions authorities are still trying to answer.
Thats pretty weird. I was reading it the other day and wondering where the $ came from for all that stuff and how one goes about accumulating that kind of wealth and yet not leave some pretty obvious fingerprints.
It's a really weird story.

I don't know if the dead man was an asshole, but Jeffrey Alan Lash's live-in girlfriend of 17 years, Catherine Nebron, believes that 60-year-old Lash was a secret government agent. That's what he'd always told her.

[Image: dawn.gif?w=300&h=190]
Nebron's employee, ^ Dawn VadBunker (39), was with the couple when Lash collapsed in a parking lot of Bristol Farms in Santa Monica on July 4th. Lash told them they were not to call 911 or seek medical assistance. They were to leave him in the car and government operatives would come to collect his body. Nebron parked the car with Lash's body a couple of blocks from their condo.

Then, Nebron, VadBunker and another friend left on a trip. VadBunker has not returned from Oregon; her mom filed a missing persons report and fears that VadBunker had a nervous breakdown because her daughter told her that Lash was a part-alien governmental agent.

Nebron returned to California without VadBunker 10 days after Lash died and was shocked to find Lash's body still in the car. She called her attorney, Harland Braun. At first Braun was incredulous, as were cops when they were told the story. But, Nebron's story is checking out.

The body was found where it was left; no foul play suspected. Inside the home, detectives found more than 1,200 firearms — including handguns, rifles and shotguns — as well as more than 6 tons of ammunition, according to Braun. The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the finding of the body and the weapons cache on Monday. Police found $230,000 in cash stashed at the home as well, which Braun claims his client knew nothing about.

There were also a number of SUVs found; vehicles modified for use on different types of terrains, including an amphibious vehicle.

So far, LAPD believes that all of the guns and ammo were legally purchased by Lash and no crimes have been uncovered in the bizarre story. LAPD is currently investigating whether any of the guns were used in criminal activity and indicate that it will take some time to complete that investigation due to the massive number of weapons discovered.

Neighbors who were interviewed thought Lash was dying of cancer because his health appeared to be degenerating over the past year, but Lash told Nebron that he had been exposed to nerve-damaging chemicals on a mission and his condition was worsening.

This reads like a movie script; very twisty. Who is Jeffrey Alan Lash really -- a governmental agent, a hitman, a mercenary, a nutjob...? Whoever he was, he was either born into money or he was successful in a legit or criminal business endeavor. He lived in an exclusive part of Southern California and all those guns and vehicles cost a lot of money.

I can't find any photos of Lash and Nebron; I'd like to put faces to the names of the mysterious couple.

Refs:
http://ktla.com/2015/07/22/dead-man-with...rd-mother/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...-home.html
They were part-alien governmental agents... any photos that turn up of them are damn lies anyway. hah
I've always loved the quirkiness of SoCal.

Can't wait to get back in the fall.
I would love to see what kind of guns he had. I see an auction in the future.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
If the guns get auctioned, it won't be anytime soon. The investigation is likely to take a long while.

But, you can check a bunch of them out at the photo gallery (bottom of article) here: http://ktla.com/2015/07/23/jeffrey-alan-...ons-cache/
(07-24-2015, 11:38 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: If the guns get auctioned, it won't be anytime soon. The investigation is likely to take a long while.

But, you can check a bunch of them out at the photo gallery (bottom of article) here: http://ktla.com/2015/07/23/jeffrey-alan-...ons-cache/
What? No alien ray guns? :(
(07-24-2015, 11:42 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 11:38 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: If the guns get auctioned, it won't be anytime soon. The investigation is likely to take a long while.

What? No alien ray guns? :(

Just one alien ray gun cataloged so far:
[Image: Invaders%20Ray%20Gun%2005%203-16-6.jpg]

Not really. Smiley_emoticons_wink

This is true though:
LAPD Capt. William Hayes, who heads the department’s Robbery-Homicide Division, said the private gun collection was worth at least $500,000 and possibly more than $1 million.

“He was either into doomsday survivalism, gun collecting or both,” Hayes said, adding that the man appeared to be wealthy.

LAPD Deputy Chief Kirk Albanese said the man was a collector and there was no evidence he ever sold weapons or was a licensed firearms dealer.

Several people who live in the area where the body was found said the man was known only as “Bob” in the neighborhood and described him as a gun fanatic who claimed to have worked covertly for the government. Police have said the man did not do such work for the government.

Link: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

Six tons of ammo! Holy Moly!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I wonder what shooting ranges are in the area. he must have gone all the time.
(07-24-2015, 12:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Police have said the man did not do such work for the government.

Yeah . . . the police WOULD reveal this info only if it were true! hah
(07-24-2015, 07:10 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 12:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Police have said the man did not do such work for the government.
Yeah . . . the police WOULD reveal this info only if it were true! hah

That statement attributed to police made me laugh too. If police did know, I agree they wouldn't likely come out and scream it to the press.

But, if Lash really was a super secret undercover government operative -- of either the human, alien or hybrid variety -- I don't think the government would have sent an FYI memo to the local police informing them of such in the first place.

Anyway, whatever he was doing for money, Jeffrey Alan Lash did not leave an obvious trail.

Shirley Anderson, Lash's dad's domestic partner for decades, told the Los Angeles Times that Lash had grown up in a modest neighborhood in Westchester with a pianist mother and microbiologist father who owned a medical laboratory. Lash dropped out of UCLA in the mid-1980s and was a “loner,” Anderson told the newspaper. Anderson said she was unaware of any independent wealth that would allow Lash to purchase millions of dollars in weaponry.

An attorney who represented Lash in 2009 also called his client’s behavior strange. Lash was charged with misdemeanor possession of a concealed weapon after being stopped by Culver City police, according to court documents. Because Lash had the ammunition and firearms in his vehicle properly stowed, the case was dropped, the attorney said. Lash refused to give any contact information to the law firm, and would call once per day to get an update on the case, according to the lawyer.

A third lawyer, Robert Rentzer, told KTLA he had represented Lash for nearly 20 years, often in connection with his client’s firearms. Lash was simply a gun collector and very private man, Rentzer said. However, Rentzer also claims to be in the dark as to how Lash accumulated what is now being estimated at $5,000,000 USD worth of guns and ammo.

[Image: lash.jpg?w=289&h=300]

And, the only photo available of Lash ^ is apparently a duplicate of a driver's license photo from 20 years ago.

This true story really does feel like an episode of Burn Notice or something.

Ref: http://ktla.com/2015/07/23/jeffrey-alan-...ons-cache/
Let the conspiracy pigeons loose.
Whoa.. I misread or misunderstood the "alien" reference. He said, or his employee believed, he was "an alien/human hybrid here to save the planet".

We're fucked!!!! This is big...like the death of Superman BIG!!!

Time to break out the helmet, mask and body armor again. Smiley_emoticons_smile

[Image: funny-1.jpg]
Commando Cunt Queen
I have a death of Superman comic with all the black accessories. It's not open and still has the plastic wrap. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
(07-25-2015, 03:43 PM)username Wrote: [Image: funny-1.jpg]

I always loved that picture!

Keep it handy when Iran's nuclear "reactor" goes hot.
Japans did and she only lost an ear.
This is the kind of story I like to read.

I love it when there are people who are so private it is difficult to dig up information about them, especially in this age of everyone sharing everything about their lives on social media or other places.
(07-26-2015, 01:04 AM)Love Child Wrote: This is the kind of story I like to read.

I love it when there are people who are so private it is difficult to dig up information about them, especially in this age of everyone sharing everything about their lives on social media or other places.

Me too.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, though it's sometimes fun to read conspiracy theories.

But, I don't see any conspiracy theory in this story anyway; just an unsolved mystery.

I love a good mystery and it's kind of rare for a real-life one not to involve the untimely deaths of innocent people. So far, in this true story, only the mystery man is dead and no foul play is suspected.

Somehow the dead man, believed to be Jeffrey Alan Lash, managed to accumulate millions of dollars in firearms, ammo, and customized vehicles without having a known/documented source of employment or any inherited wealth.

Part of me wants to respect this reclusive dead man's privacy and hopes the mystery remains unsolved. But, another part is anxious to learn more.

I wonder if maybe Lash was some kind of cult guru who collected money from followers? His girlfriend's employee appears to have been obsessed with him and believed him to be partly alien and put on earth to save the world. Maybe he led her (and others) to believe that about him.

Or, maybe he really was a super secret government agent and the girlfriend's employee is just a bit or a bunch touched.

I'd like to hear from Lash's live-in girlfriend of 17 years, but she's not talking publicly. Only her lawyer is making statements.

Curious...