Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(04-14-2015, 01:08 PM)username Wrote: I don't watch House of Cards.

I'm curious...would you (any of you) advocate bombing the hell out of Iran to prevent them from developing a nuclear weapon? I just don't see, short of war, how we can prevent a country intent on developing nuclear weapons from doing so. Witness: North Korea.

We can sanction until the cows come home but it hasn't slowed Iran down in their pursuit of developing a weapon or nuclear capabilities. The only real benefit of having an "agreement" with Iran is it might slow them down a bit and/or force them further in to hiding to the extent that IAEA inspections occur. I don't think sanctions are set to be loosened unless/until Iran demonstrates compliance with its end of the deal.

But, either congress or the Ayatollah could seemingly nuke the deal entirely so it may well BE an exercise in futility.

If Israel wants to take the lead in fighting a war in Iran, perhaps we could provide some support to our ally but I'm one of those Americans that is war weary. I'm not really interested in dropping bombs on Iran. That said, we could just continue our sanctions (I don't really care much about Iran's economy either) but we shouldn't kid ourselves that those are really hindering Iran's nuclear pursuits.

You should watch it, it's very well acted.

Funny you should bring up North Korea... because a similar framework 'deal' helped them (along with duplicity from China) to get their nukes. They agreed to a deal, then cheated, lied, and made a bomb anyway. They are also selling missiles and payload technology to Iran to help them along.

An airstrike stopped Iraq from developing their nukes way back, so I think military action can limit the ability of a country to continue. That said, I think we are way past that point with Iran. I don't think they will honor any agreement, and the one currently under negotiation is weak anyway. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time now no matter what happens.

And that is a very bad thing for Israel, Saudia Arabia, and everyone else in the neighborhood. I'm one who takes consistent rhetoric at face value - and Iran has not wavered for decades on who it hates and what it wants to do to those it hates.

When they get their weapons, they will deploy - or attempt to deploy - them against their 'enemies'.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran and the day they married the bomb. - by Jimbone - 04-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM