Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(07-16-2015, 12:35 PM)Maggot Wrote: Some good news!!!

The Obama administration helped to secure the release of several Iranians detained in the United States and the United Kingdom, some convicted of illegal arms smuggling, according to a report that comes as U.S. prisoners languish in Iranian jails.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday that, as part of a “wish list” Iran presented to the United States in 2009 before the current nuclear negotiations, U.S. officials helped expedite the release of four Iranian prisoners in 2012 and 2013. Three were convicted of illegally sending arms or other banned materials to Iran while the international community sought to enforce sanctions on the country’s nuclear program.

link

Such nonsense and we should know better.
I think my biggest concern in all of this is not so much the tit for tat prisoner deals, but rather coming to terms with the fact that in 10 years Iran will have nuclear weapons. The whole region is unstable, but specifically Iran having nuclear weapons scares the hell out of me. That country has never played well in the sandbox with us or it's neighbors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran and the day they married the bomb. - by Blindgreed1 - 07-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM