Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(09-03-2015, 12:36 PM)Donovan Wrote: What people fail to comprehend is the simple fact that "good for people" and "good for the country" are not synonymous terms. Anybody who thinks we treat different threats from saber-rattling oppositional regimes entirely differently should look at the last decade or two of our involvement in the middle east as opposed to, say, our reaction to the obvious threats made by China, Russia, and North Korea over the same time frame. Politics isn't a fucking bible study group. It's a chess game, and not just a chess game it's Bobby-Fischer-fifty-games-at-once-chess, and every game is on those triple - level fucked up Star Trek chess boards. Our enemy is our enemy is our friend is our enemy.

Anyone who states as Maggot did the the US doesn't do business with terrorist states ought to look up a little place called Saudi Arabia. Or Google some pictures of Bush, Cheney et al with a fella named Saddam. Or research a little fun episode collectively known as the Iran - contra affair. Or go back a little further to WWII and our dividing of the spoils of war with Soviet Russia. Hell, WE back terrorist regimes worldwide. ROUTINELY. The USA hasn't been the world's white hat in many, many years. And this cessation of overt hostility with Iran echoes the moves we made with Egypt years ago, when we realized we couldn't stop them so we needed to have them a little more secure in our pocket. Iran has nukes. They will continue to have nukes. Our best option is to then also have them slightly grateful. Because twenty years from now we will be pretending they were always our friend.

Your post is too logical; consequently it shall be ignored. 17
I agree. I've said before, absent war, there's no way we were going to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon (assuming they don't already have one). I, for one, am not in favor of leading the charge towards war with Iran. I mean...look at all the stability we got in Iraq, Libya and we've sure as shit done a great job in Yemen!! Yep, the U.S. intervenes and peace and democracy for everybody.

If BB wants feels so strongly (and threatened), Israel should start dropping bombs (so they can be even more hated in the region).

North Korea has nuclear weapons FFS. That's as scary a fact to me as any.

We started this nuclear process and it's ignorant to think (again, absent wars everywhere) that we can stop it.

I HOPE that's why we have such a huge freaking defense budget...so we can stay ahead of these nut fuck, crazy leaders should they ever decide to start button pushing.
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by username - 09-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM