Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
I support the strategy and the deal, for all the reasons I posted upthread. I would have supported it under any administration.

I don't know if the terms could have been negotiated better, I wasn't there. But, the top leaders of six different countries were present and, based on what I've seen, I believe they worked hard to negotiate the best deal possible under the given parameters. In my opinion, the deal that was struck was way better than no deal at all.

Anyway, I think the retired top military leaders who've endorsed the deal are correct and I agree with their rationale. Ref: https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentclou...ls-and.pdf

Israel is one of only two countries in the Middle East sitting on a full nuclear program (one which they will not permit to be subjected to any international inspections). Israel also has the alliance of the United States and billions of dollars a year in defense funding from the U.S. And, Netanyahu no longer has to worry that Iran is gonna bomb Israel in 2 months, or a year, or any time in the immediate future -- as was his oft-stated fear.

I don't consider myself naive and I'm not against Israel or for Iran. I know a lot can change in the course of 10 years, for better or worse. I hope it's for better. But, if Israel doesn't isolate all of its allies and Iran attempts to totally destroy Israel somewhere down the line, I personally have no doubt that Iran will be destroyed quickly in the process.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by HairOfTheDog - 09-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM