Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(09-04-2015, 06:45 AM)Duchess Wrote: I can't even adequately express how much I loathe the fact we help those terrorists in Israel. It pleases me to think they are upset about this deal. Good!

I think Obama check-mated the shit outta Netanyahu and his GOP dancers.

Netanyahu's Congressional speech against Obama and the deal failed to get him what he wanted. The GOP's embarrassing Open Letter against Obama and the deal failed to get them what they wanted.

-The majority of U.S. Jews support the Iran deal.

-The deal will provide much better intel as to Iran's nuclear activities, no doubt.

-The deal will prevent Iran from launching a nuclear attack on Israel for at least a decade (if they were even so inclined to make such a devastatingly self-destructive attempt).

-The deal will prevent Israel from initiating a military or nuclear attack on Iran (and pulling allies into it) based on fear of the nuclear unknown/unsubstantiated for at least a decade.

-Top Israeli military and defense officials support the deal and recently penned an Open Letter advising Netanyahu to accept it and move forward in resetting relations with the U.S. (and working towards the two-state Palestinian solution). Ref: http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/08/i...-deal.html

I'm convinced that if the terms of the deal are kept, it will serve the best of interests of the Israelis, the Iranians, the Americans, the Europeans, Middle Easterners...in the short and long term.

If it's broken, I believe Iran will have fucked itself beyond repair.

And, I agree with Rand Paul (and Tiki, I think, posted as much) -- it's time for the U.S. to review whether handing Israel over 3.5 billion dollars per year in Defense subsidies remains prudent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by HairOfTheDog - 09-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM