Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(09-04-2015, 01:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 01:20 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Look maggot, you don't get it. Israel is the real problem in the Middle East, not any of the other countries.

Why are you being sarcastic? Did I miss something?

Not much, just the last 70 odd years of history.
Iran Deal gets 44 from Republican former Secretary of State Colin Powell

[Image: 55ec5b101700009a01569911.jpeg]

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday threw his support behind President Barack Obama's nuclear agreement with Iran, calling it "a good deal" that will move Iran off its current "superhighway" toward acquiring a nuclear weapon.

Powell said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that critics of the agreement were ignoring the rapid development of Iran's nuclear program dating back to the Bush years.

"They have been on a superhighway for the last 10 years to create a nuclear weapon or a nuclear weapons program, with no speed limit. And in the last 10 years they have gone from 136 centrifuges up to something like 19,000 centrifuges. This agreement will bring them down to 5,000 centrifuges, all of them under [International Atomic Energy Agency] supervision. And I think this is a good outcome."

The Obama administration doesn't need Powell's support to help secure the political survival of the nonproliferation pact, as Senate Democrats already have enough votes to prevent Republican critics from overriding it. But Powell's endorsement carries deep symbolic significance.

Powell served as secretary of state for former President George W. Bush during the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Former Vice President Dick Cheney and other neoconservatives have blasted Obama's Iran deal and blamed the Obama administration for the current violence in the Middle East. Powell, by contrast, argues that the current president is making good progress after being dealt a rough hand by his predecessors.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/coli...d5c0764339

I've always liked & respected him.

I had more to say but in order to keep this train on the tracks I had to backspace through it all. Fuckin' Bush & Cheney. The_Villagers
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I believe that everything Hillary, Obama, Kerry has touched in the Middle east has turned to shit. Iraq, Syria, Yemen all of it.
There is a reason why nobody likes the Iran deal, its because every other thing that this administration has touched is shit.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-10-2015, 01:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: There is a reason why nobody likes the Iran deal

If that were the case it wouldn't be where it is now nor have the number of people applaud it who have.
That's speculative but I have been looking for even one success story in the middle east since Obama has held office and cannot find one good example.
Oh wow, what a surprise, who'da thunk it!! hah Iran lie, oh noooo.

Iran has discovered an unexpectedly high reserve of uranium and will soon begin extracting the radioactive element at a new mine, the head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation said on Saturday.

The comments cast doubt on previous assessments from some Western analysts who said the country had a low supply and would sooner or later would need to import uranium, the raw material needed for its nuclear program.

Any indication Iran could become more self-sufficient will be closely watched by world powers, which reached a landmark deal with Tehran in July over its program. They had feared the nuclear activities were aimed at acquiring the capability to produce atomic weapons - something denied by Tehran.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

If the Iran accord goes through and they build a bomb it will be vilified
If the Iran accord does not go through and they build a bomb it will be vilified.

Iran wins either way.
The deal is inching closer to completion and now North Korea wants the same deal both countries are wildcards. Should N. Korea get a peace deal also?
^ If there was a mutually beneficial agreement that could be made and monitored with North Korea, I'd support considering it, Maggot.
-------------------------

I think this is good news for Iran and the rest of the world.

[Image: 665003303001_2481633371001_2013615164852...5003303001]
Moderate Iranian President Hassan Rouhani ^ won a strong vote of confidence and reformist partners secured surprise gains in parliament in early results from elections that could speed up the Islamic Republic's emergence from years of isolation.

While gains by moderates and reformists in Friday's polls were most evident in the capital, where they won all Tehran's 30 seats according to early results, the sheer scale of the advances there suggests a legislature more friendly to the pragmatist Rouhani has emerged as a distinct possibility.

A loosening of control by the anti-Western hardliners who currently dominate the 290-seat parliament could strengthen his hand to open Iran further to foreign trade and investment following last year's breakthrough nuclear deal.

"The people showed their power once again and gave more credibility and strength to their elected government," Rouhani said, adding he would work with anyone who won election to build a future for the industrialised, oil-exporting country.

There was silence from the conservative camp.

The polls were seen by analysts as a potential turning point for Iran, where nearly 60 percent of its 80 million population is under 30 and eager to engage with the world following the lifting of most sanctions.

Principlists, otherwise known as hardliners, hold 65 percent of the outgoing parliament and the rest is divided between reformists and independents who traditionally support Rouhani.

Foad Izadi, an assistant professor at the Faculty of World Studies in Tehran University said the reformists' strong showing was prompted by Rouhani's success in reaching a nuclear agreement between Iran and international powers, the removal of most of the sanctions that had strangled the country's economy over the past decade and restoration of relations with the West.

Full piece: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rouh...0dab326d46
The most transparent administration in history got caught. Ransom payoffs, shitty nuclear deals, using the IRS to target and quell legitimate administration enemy's .............The list will grow and the world just got a bit more dangerous.

Iranian authorities reacted with anger towards the leaking of the secret agreement. This shows that how maintaining the secrecy of the deal was crucial for the Islamic Republic.

According to Press TV, the spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI), Behrouz Kamalvandi pointed out “the parts [of the document] published were confidential and were supposed to remain so”. The AEOI head, Ali Akbar Salehi stated “We do not intend to make this plan known to the public and (IAEA)’s action is a breach of promise,”

The nuclear agreement is partially like the Sykes-Picot agreement when it comes to secrecy, the untold truth and disingenuity.

link
(08-07-2016, 12:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: The most transparent administration in history got caught.

This was reported on back in January, a press briefing was held. I can get you video if you're interested.

That money was Iran's, btw. They got it back with interest, interest that the United States has been paying all these years.
What a great deal and a coincidental blurp right? I believe it was a setup and both countries agreed to using the sailors as a pawn in a game of smoke and mirrors. I'm glad that the Assanges and Snowdens are out there, but I bet right now both are staying away from windows. How many other things have happened under the sheets is yet to be announced.
I wonder how Iran spent our tax money? Oh yeah............it was theirs. hah
(04-18-2015, 10:39 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think the nuclear non-proliferation agreement with Iran is a very good thing. The P5+1 negotiated a better deal than I'd expected.

Remember Netanyahu's cartoon bomb that he presented to the UN a couple of years back; the one he used to try to convince the world yet again that Iran was only 10% or one year away from nuclear bombing capabilities?
[Image: netanyahu_un_bomb_cartoon_2012_09_28.jpeg]

Well, looks like the White House is trolling Netanyahu a bit in response to his unconventional attempts to thwart the US from negotiating with Iran and other top world leaders. This is posted on the White House website.
[Image: CCF18IHW4AIqCC7.jpg]

That's fairly close to global warming charts.

I'm always so taken aback when I encounter people who don't believe in climate change.
Global warming?
(08-08-2017, 05:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm always so taken aback when I encounter people who don't believe in climate change.

I believe in climate change, but I also believe I'll be dead before it majorly screws the pooch.
It's a proven fact climate changes. Do you know why they don't call it global warming anymore?
I know I know!!!! Because nobody knows if its getting warmer or cooler. But its changing, so lets get this global tax on the road already lets go, mush!