Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
It doesn't look like that at all, Maggot. It looks like to me like Duchess and I are both looking at facts and all sides, not simply buying into what one ally (Israel) is claiming without evidence. News flash: Israel isn't the U.S.'s only ally.

The old data Netanyahu presented yesterday is why a nuclear agreement with Iran was needed and pursued in the first place -- of course Iran was not telling the truth about never having intentions to pursue nuclear weapon capabilities. The old data Netanyahu presented yesterday wasn't evidence of anything not already known and acknowledged when the Iran nuclear deal was negotiated.

And, Netanyahu provided no evidence to substantiate his allegation yesterday that Iran is currently actively working on nuclear weapon development in violation of the 2015 agreement. That's a false allegation according to the U.N., U.S, and European ally inspectors who are directly involved in the verification process -- they all concur that Iran is complying with the terms of the deal.

I don't want to see another case of false rhetoric, baseless allegations, and/or manufactured evidence being used by any hawkish government to justify a war or an invasion. We should have learned from what we did in Iraq, with help from our misled allies. So many people died needlessly and the U.S. is still there, 17 years later.

I understand Israel's fears of Iran. I understand that Trump thinks he knows better than experts and his own defense chiefs as to what constitutes a 'good deal', even before having read the deal. And, I understand why Iran is pissed off about threats by Trump to welch on the deal despite the fact that Iran is complying with the terms and Israel is sitting right next to them with its own arsenal of (uninspected) weapons, billions of dollars a year in defense aid from the U.S., and several nuclear-capable allies (allies who are frustrated to no end with Netanyahu's propaganda and theatrics).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by HairOfTheDog - 05-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM