Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
Maggot, your "you won't read it", "you're not intellectually curious", "you REALLY think what I Maggot say you think" is contradicted by evident history. It's silly shit.

But, back to the topic at hand. What you just posted is an opinion. I agree with some of it. I've read a lot of similar opinions over the last 5 or so years, some more favorable and some less favorable.

I've never heard anyone claim that the Iran Nuclear deal was perfect, including those directly involved in its negotiation nor its strongest supporters. 'Deals' or 'negotiations' between adversaries are never perfect, by definition. There's give and take and nobody gets everything they want.

The author states that it 'appears Iran is committed to maintaining the capability to pursue a nuclear weapons path as before, just a longer path.' Well, making the path substantially longer was a major goal of the deal, so that's a win. It beats the hell out of war, as far as I'm concerned.

And, if Iran violates the terms, the deal is invalidated. Right now, by all accounts, Iran is in compliance. Bibi can't claim for the sixth time in 20 years that Iran is 6 months from nuclear capability. He doesn't have to worry that Iran is going to nuke Israel while he sleeps. And, he has less opportunity to try again to compel the U.S. to take military action against Iran. Those are all good outcomes, in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by HairOfTheDog - 05-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM