Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
When some of the provisions of the current deal expire in 7 years, a new deal can be negotiated IF Iran prioritizes economic recovery and growth higher than it prioritizes acquiring nuclear weapons. A strict compliance verification process would obviously be a requirement of any potential future deal too.

The U.S. pushing to change the terms of the current contract/agreement mid-stream when all parties are in compliance does not reflect well on our credibility and integrity, in my opinion. However, if all the parties who signed on the dotted line agree to U.S.-mandated revisions, that's fine. If they instead expect us to keep our original commitment, that's understandable and it's their right.

Anyway, if Trump welches on the current agreement, Iran may stay in it with China, Russia, Germany, France and the U.K. The compliance verification would continue and I think China and Russia would assume an even bigger role in Iran's economic recovery. New sanctions from the U.S. would hurt Iran's economic growth, no doubt. But, they'd still be better off than they were 3 years ago, I imagine.

And, regardless as to whether Trump stays in the agreement or welches....... the U.S. will continue its strong alliance with Israel and handing Israel $4 billion a year in defense aid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by HairOfTheDog - 05-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM