Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal?
(05-08-2018, 11:52 AM)Duchess Wrote: Is there a plan to contain the nuclear threat when trump pulls out today?

I haven't seen anything official laid out. Trump has simply criticized Obama and Kerry for negotiating what he calls 'the worst deal in the history of the world', which conflicts with the views of his own military heads and advisers and all of our participating allies.

Over the last 16 months, I've seen nothing solution-oriented from Trump. Rather, he's only ordered others to fix the deal or else he'll withdraw the U.S. from the unilateral agreement.

Meanwhile, Netanyahu is unsurprisingly alluding to military action against Iran, his arch enemy (well, one of them anyway).

And, crazy Rudy Giuliani publicly proclaimed this weekend that he and Trump want to force regime change in Iran.........because overthrowing governments always works out so well for us and the rest of the world. The war mongerers and profiteers are likely drooling.

Best case scenario if Trump withdraws the U.S. from the agreement, in my opinion: Iran agrees to stay in it with France, Germany, U.K., Russia and China; the IAEA inspections continue; and Iran's improved economy and cultural changes help Iranian citizens to continue chipping away the power of the Mullahs. Agreements are then renewed/improved when current provisions expire years from now.

But, if Trump not only withdraws but also slaps more sanctions on Iran........I can see Iran considering it as proactive U.S./Israeli aggression and possibly saying fuck it to the deal altogether. Resuming Uranium enrichment under those circumstances could be seen/sold as a matter of defense for Iran.

Anyway, Trump is scheduled to make his announcement within the hour. It will be interesting to see how Iran and our abandoned allies respond if he withdraws the U.S. I already know how his nationalist core supporters and extremist hawks will respond.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by HairOfTheDog - 05-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Iran deal, good deal, or bad deal? - by Carsman - 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM