Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is success defined by . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . Happiness or Wealth?

1. If having enough money to get by without worry, and you are happy, are you successful?

2. If having more money then you'll ever need in your life time, but you are not happy, are you successful?

Of course having the best of both worlds would be desirable.

But if you had to choose between 1 or 2, which one would you choose?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Easy - happiness.

My feeling is that if I'm happy everything else will fall into place.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I agree, happiness is paramount!

Money may buy you happiness, but it can't make you happy!

(08-21-2015, 08:15 PM)Carsman Wrote: I agree, happiness is paramount!

I have been deliriously happy and heartbreakingly sad, there is no amount of money that could have affected either emotion, money/no money, it wouldn't have made a difference.
Happiness and success are two different things to me. You can be a crackhead and be happy, but that doesn't mean you were successful in life. To me successful means being financially secure, it has nothing to do with happiness.
I'll take the chicken Alfredo with broccoli. Wait,

[Image: download-the-internet.gif]

Maybe if happiness is living each day to the fullest then I guess the future will be what will be without regret.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-21-2015, 08:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: Maybe if happiness is living each day to the fullest...

All I'm hearing is "Clang go out and commit more crime."
(08-21-2015, 09:45 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 08:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: Maybe if happiness is living each day to the fullest...

I consider myself happy(until people start shoving their wealth and fancy gadgets and vacations in my face and try and tell me I'm not happy).

I also consider myself successful. Sure in theory, I'd like one of those high paying full time jobs with more perks but more responsibility, but I know my limitations and feel I'm just as successful in my low paying, less responsibility, less perk part time job.
(08-21-2015, 09:55 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 09:45 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

I consider myself happy(until people start shoving their wealth and fancy gadgets and vacations in my face and try and tell me I'm not happy).

I also consider myself successful. Sure in theory, I'd like one of those high paying full time jobs with more perks but more responsibility, but I know my limitations and feel I'm just as successful in my low paying, less responsibility, less perk part time job.

Then you are happy! Happiness is a state of mind.

(08-21-2015, 09:55 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: people start shoving their wealth and fancy gadgets and vacations in my face and try and tell me I'm not happy

Who does that to you? They are what my grandmother would call nouveau riche, she always said it like she smelled something bad. Don't give those kind of people another thought, Clang, they are crass and low class and their money won't raise them out of that hole.
Money doesn't buy class.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
There's only one thing money can't buy . . . . . . . . .

POVERTY!

(08-22-2015, 06:04 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 09:55 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: people start shoving their wealth and fancy gadgets and vacations in my face and try and tell me I'm not happy

Who does that to you? They are what my grandmother would call nouveau riche, she always said it like she smelled something bad. Don't give those kind of people another thought, Clang, they are crass and low class and their money won't raise them out of that hole.
no one lately. But family members and friends used to do it on a regular basis. Look me and wife and kids going off to Disneyland again! Look at my new computer/phone, I just bought one for the wife and kids too. You really need to get one too...maybe if you save up your money or stop giving other family members money to help them out you could afford one too. Though my older brother did say a few months ago you need to get rid of that old twin size bed you've had for the last 15 years or so and get a full size bed, even my wife's son has a full size bed. And I thought to myself, gee that would be niceties do if I had been financially stable and employed these last few years, and if when I did have money I wasn't helping out mom and dad or other even less fortunate family members.
(08-22-2015, 08:53 AM)Carsman Wrote: There's only one thing money can't buy . . . . . . . . .

POVERTY!

Tell that to all the broke lottery winners or professional athletes who don't manage their money properly.
The primary benefit of money is security and comfort (and I'm talking basic needs, food, shelter, heat/warmth...). Anything beyond that may or may not contribute to your happiness level. Cars, you might be a little less happy if you couldn't bail on your winter, right?

But some people have lots of wealth and they're still miserable, cranky people so there's no guarantees as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with Sally that success is different and that's sort of in the eye of the beholder. Some people feel a need to leave some legacy of "accomplishments", others find success in a tiny house, living a simple life, and/or by helping others in small or big ways.

My brother lived his adult life getting evicted from one place after another, living without utilities, getting loaded and dying at 49. He might have had some happy moments but I'm pretty sure he wasn't happy. And because he was dragging kids around with him during all that time, I don't think he was successful either (but that's me being a little judgmental too).
Commando Cunt Queen
Sometimes the simplest things can define happiness & success.
Like getting a full night's sleep without getting up, would make me happy, & successful! hah

I'll be happy if my new 3 in heels fit me, successful if I don't break a leg or something else.