Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempting fate with a lobster
I really want to get this and have a party before summer is really gone. They would be really good in a pit with potatoes and butter & sugar native corn with seaweed covering them steaming away next to a keg.

lobster seller

I'm looking at the 12 large lobsters for 250.00
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-17-2015, 09:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: I really want to get this and have a party before summer is really gone. They would be really good in a pit with potatoes and butter & sugar native corn with seaweed covering them steaming away next to a keg.

lobster seller

I'm looking at the 12 large lobsters for 250.00

Go for it, summer weather will be ending soon!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I would have thought they'd be cheaper given where you live.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
1.5-1.8 lbs lobster for 21.00 each isn't that bad. I could probably get them 16-17.00 each at the pier.
I think that is a good price for lobster.

I always wanted to do a lobster/clam bake at the beach, but it seems like a complicated process. You have to dig a pit , then you need stones and a tarp and a bunch of seaweed which I guess I'd have to order online. How do you do yours and where do you get the seaweed from?
(09-18-2015, 11:26 AM)sally Wrote: I think that is a good price for lobster.

I always wanted to do a lobster/clam bake at the beach, but it seems like a complicated process. You have to dig a pit , then you need stones and a tarp and a bunch of seaweed which I guess I'd have to order online. How do you do yours and where do you get the seaweed from?

You really don't need seaweed but if you do go out at low tide near the marshes and throw a bunch with a hard rake into the back of a truck. A canvas painting tarp can be used for the tarp and a pile of rocks some hardwood from pallets or anything will work.

I just use a regular 20 gallon drum with some good heavy duty screens that's held in layers by screws that I screw into the sides to support them. Corn husks work just as good as seaweed when you soak them in water to make the steam.
The shelves in the drum can be 7-10 pcs at the bottom of the drum punch holes in the sides get the coals going good put a shelf in pile the steam makers then the food on a bunch of shelves cover and just let it cook for a few hours.
I just realized that asking where you get seaweed from sounds like a really stupid question, but I rarely see it on the beaches here.