Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAR WARS

Anyone in here interested in that film? I've never seen any of the Star Wars films. I have heard people talk about them in an almost reverent manner though.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have the disco version on a record and probably 3 more with all kinds of weird stuff on it. Imagine that was out when disco was out! The movie was so ahead of its time that the special effects are still better than many films today.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Sure, I like the original 3 movies.

Maybe because of all the CG and Yoda flying around like a ninja-Jedi, I didn't care too much for the 3 prequels that came out in the late 90's.
I saw the original when it came out, stood in line for a couple hours to get in. At the time it was far and away the best there ever was, never say any of the others, this one got me thinking about a marathon, sit down and watch the whole series
(10-21-2015, 07:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Anyone in here interested in that film? I've never seen any of the Star Wars films. I have heard people talk about them in an almost reverent manner though.

Not enough to wait in line to see it. I'll wait for it to hit netfix next year.
(10-22-2015, 12:47 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I saw the original when it came out, stood in line for a couple hours to get in.

So did I. I thought it was great. For sure it was much better than The Goodbye Girl movie I seen about the same time.
Anyone seen this yet?
Zack saw it Saturday night. He said it was good but not worth all the hype.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

It's made over a half a billion dollars in just a few days.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
https://www.facebook.com/galacticempireo...353413445/
So nobody saw it yet..........right?
I am waiting until after the holiday. It aint going anywhere.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(10-22-2015, 11:20 AM)F.U. Wrote:
(10-22-2015, 12:47 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I saw the original when it came out, stood in line for a couple hours to get in.

So did I. I thought it was great. For sure it was much better than The Goodbye Girl movie I seen about the same time.

LOL, I remember that one, were you trying to get laid?
(12-21-2015, 10:25 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(10-22-2015, 11:20 AM)F.U. Wrote:

LOL, I remember that one, were you trying to get laid?

Yes I was and it worked.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I saw it.

I'm a bit of Star Wars nerd tho. I read probably 2 dozen books about the storyline after the movies, back when Lucas said he wasn't making more films. Then Disney bought the rights, declared all the books non-cannon, and I'm about as lost as anyone on what happened and is going to happen.

It has a lot of throwback elements to the first trilogy, tho. Mysterious main character, wise old man, stormtroopers who are raised since birth to wage war, yet have the accuracy of a cross-eyed antelope. I'd actually say it's more entertaining for non-SW geeks than it is for SW geeks.