Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SELF LOVE

I'm not exactly talkin' orgasms.

Do you have anything nice to say about yourself?

When people think highly of themselves why is it often frowned upon?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-30-2015, 12:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Who'd listen?

I ignore myself . . . on a regular basis.

So...you're all so humble you can't say nice things about yourself? Bitch, please.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I'm not exactly talkin' orgasms.

Back in the day, we called such people conceited, we now mostly say you are a a confident person. Usually, if you ask group of people to list good things about them versus bad, we all come up with a long list of negative things versus good things. Generations ago, we mostly criticized, rather than praised behavior.

Back in college, I did a study (for statistics class) on first graders on self esteem. It was very interesting....Little kids did not understand concept of self esteem. Their self esteem was based on possessions, other people, etc. They related liking something in their environment to liking themselves.....the more they possessed, the more they liked themselves.

I wrote a paper on why we should teach life skills, focusing on self-esteem at a very early age...don't want to brag, but did get an A+ on that piece of work.....along with results of study.

I conducted many group sessions where I asked people to list their "good" traits versus "bad." You know which list was longer.

As an example, here is my list:

Bad: stubborn, opinionated, sarcastic, bitchy, verbose, snarly, complainer, debbie downer, nervous nelly, hateful, irritable, you get my drift....
Good: hmm.......let me think about this one......well, maybe my sense of humor; will get back to you on this one......
Okay, I'll brag a little Duchess.

I'm an excellent Scrabble player. MS wouldn't stand a chance against me, even if I was drunk.

I'm pretty balanced and strong too -- I'm certain I could kick Aussie's ass in a roller-skating race and beat user at arm wrestling with one hand tied behind my back.
I bet I could beat user myself, you might give me a hard time so I might have to cheat.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-30-2015, 04:05 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: As an example, here is my list:

Bad: stubborn, opinionated, sarcastic, bitchy, verbose, snarly, complainer, debbie downer, nervous nelly, hateful, irritable, you get my drift....
Good: hmm.......let me think about this one......well, maybe my sense of humor; will get back to you on this one......

I think you're funny, interesting, smart, passionate, and attractive.

I'm pretty sure I could kick your ass at Scrabble, roller skating, and arm wrestling too though.
(10-30-2015, 04:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: I bet I could beat user myself, you might give me a hard time so I might have to cheat.

I wouldn't take you on, you'd hamper my competitive edge by making me laugh.

What about sal? Do you think you could beat her in arm wrestling, a cook off, or a battle of the wits?
(10-30-2015, 03:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

So...you're all so humble you can't say nice things about yourself? Bitch, please.

OK.

I never realized that I could be completely selfless . . . until I was married and had a child.
It's tough being humble, but I've been working on it since I was about 22 or so (and came to the realization that I was smarter and better looking than 90% of the population).

There's a study that says girls get their intelligence from their fathers while boys get theirs from their mothers.

My 1st grade daughter just completed her NWEA testing and she's in the 99th percentile for both reading and math nationally.

She's cute too.

She's probably my favorite thing to brag about.
I type well even when I'm drunk. Same thing with driving.

That's all I got right now.
I've always looked at myself as a misfit. Not great at anything [ok other than that one thing wink wink], nor fitting in anywhere. I am my own worst critic. I always see my own flaws and fuckups and hate it. So self love, nah not so much.
(10-30-2015, 04:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 04:05 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: As an example, here is my list:

I think you're funny, interesting, smart, passionate, and attractive.

I'm pretty sure I could kick your ass at Scrabble, roller skating, and arm wrestling too though.

Oh Hair,

I can always depend on you to tell the truth.....hehe Jk
I do think a lot of us (if you grew up in the dark ages) focus on the bad rather than good.....I could write more positives than negatives on you and some others on Mock, though.

Scrabble, roller skating and arm wrestling, yeah, I am gonna' have to let you think you could kick my ass at.....wow, that was a poorly constructed sentence.....Anyone could kick my ass at almost anything these days, but only because I have the disadvantage of being the oldest person on this forum....
I will just say that I was a pretty good cook at one time.....My dad used to praise my cooking, but always wondered why he had to wait until eight to eat....He wanted dinner at exactly 6:00 p.m...He always had his double burbon and water every night before he ate until the day he died (even in the nursing home).

I just told him i drink slower than him. My two drinks took 2 hours to drink and his drink took 5 minutes.....On my way to Colorado to get my house ready to sell tomorrow so better go pack. Carry on, Hair.
Thanks blueberry. Have a good, safe trip.
I'm just fucking gorgeous and make fucking gorgeous babies. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(10-30-2015, 04:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm certain I could kick Aussie's ass in a roller-skating race

Woah! That's a declaration of war!
It's on -- pad up, aussie!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Because some folks don't understand modesty.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

This will certainly let you know how OLD I am ! I like myself I think I'm grand. I go to the show and I hold my hand. I put my arm around my waist and when I ger too fresh, I slap my face. Yep that's me .
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
Orgasms and self love, go hand and hand, so to speak. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I'm great, smart, accomplished, handsome, caring, humble, and what else did my therapist say, I forgot, oh wait, it'll come back to me. Smiley_emoticons_razz
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!