Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When I see kids at the bustop I think.
[Image: 251F794A00000578-0-image-a-1_1422408964508.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It's already happened.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Einstein definitely had a knack for seeing into the future.

[Image: einstein_zps5azlwagy.jpg?t=1446480356]

Smiley_emoticons_wink

Whenever I have the option of handling something online versus in person or on the phone I am choosing online.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm about sick and tired of trying to sneak out for a coffee and cig in the morning and having a damn kid following me asking "what is this" (meaning the universe), like I'm supposed to fucking know. Look it up on the goddamn internet.
(11-03-2015, 12:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Einstein definitely had a knack for seeing into the future.

[Image: einstein_zps5azlwagy.jpg?t=1446480356]

Smiley_emoticons_wink

You really like that new feature!!
This is what he really said: “I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots.”
It's a cool feature.

To the best of my knowledge and previous research, there is no evidence that Einstein made either statement. Something very similar was attributed to him in the fictional movie "Powder" and people have been twisting it and attributing it to Einstein for years now.

However, there are several statements truly made by Uncle Albert (documented and sourced) in regards to his fear of technology as it related to the atom bomb. It disturbed him that so many people wrongly claimed it to be his invention or his baby because it was made possible by his theory of relativity (and possibly because he sent a letter warning Roosevelt that the Germans were progressing towards the atomic bomb). He often made statements in attempt to set the record straight, but none of those statements is similar to the ones you posted.
Yeah back in the day a person could say something and another would remember it. Today people say "you can quote me on that" and it gets recorded in the ultimate ledger of the people for reference only.