Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nerve Wracking
The company I work for has hired new directors. They began at the same time as I did in May. During the summer it was mostly time for transition for all of us (It is a rotating schedule with all positions here due to the remoteness). It was also "Oh no Fire!" So we dealt with that, now that the major threat is over we are getting down to business.

The person who had the position before me came back to help after the fire and has expressed interest in returning.
I am so nervous becuase that person has a few more credentials than I do.
I realize this just encourages me to think about returning back to school once again, which is something I was hoping to do after I learned my new position here.
I feel like when something nice happens in my life, it goes away after about 6 months. I have always groaned when I hear anyone saying a statement such as this.
I am in control of my own destiny. I have got to make better decisions where I can find something with longevity-and work towards some long term goals rather than short term goals.

I am scolding myself a little bit, trying not to be too hard on myself, but also I want to challenge myself to do better.

On the other hand-the consultant this company hired seems to have my back. I don't know who to trust anymore, so I will just trust myself. He thinks the previous person will not be coming back, and I am doing just fine and they are impressed with me.

I am pretty sure I have until at least November, probably until March until changes are made.
(11-03-2015, 05:55 PM)Love Child Wrote: I am pretty sure I have until at least November, probably until March until changes are made.

Time is valuable and it's important to make it count. I didn't practice what I'm preaching, I honestly didn't know any better when I was younger. Value your time in whatever your endeavor. You'll be making an investment in yourself. Don't ever think you have all the time in the world, it's very easy to have that train of thought. Time runs out and opportunities are lost.

Too preachy?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No, not at all. I mean I took a risk coming up here, but I believe it was a risk that was worth it. There are entities in other parts of the country I could move to, but I am not ready to do that yet. I would prefer to stay in this state.

I am going to enjoy my corner office with a view of the mountains while I can.
(11-03-2015, 08:11 PM)Love Child Wrote: I took a risk coming up here

I think you're brave. I don't like leaving my comfort zone and I very rarely do so.
Well, thank you.
I am headed out of here for the weekend.

Heh, and as I am typing this it appears the power just went out.
And now it is back! LOL. We actually convert to hydro power this time of year.

I am leaving this weekend to get some winter supplies, not knowing how long I will be here this winter. It is kind of sad. It is very sad. The people who make the decisions are away in meetings until near to the end of the month. I hate not knowing.

All I can do is to continue to do my job at this point and polish my resume.
To be a feminist is simply to believe that everybody should be treated equally, regardless of sex. It means you think that there should be equality of the sexes economically, socially, politically and personally. When you put it like that, it’s surely difficult for anybody to deny being a feminist. But for such a simple concept, it is often dramatically misunderstood.

(11-06-2015, 03:23 PM)Love Child Wrote: I am leaving this weekend to get some winter supplies, not knowing how long I will be here this winter. It is kind of sad. It is very sad. The people who make the decisions are away in meetings until near to the end of the month. I hate not knowing.

All I can do is to continue to do my job at this point and polish my resume.

I can tell that the uncertainty is weighing on you. 72

Is the former employee still there?
No he left already. He was just here to help wrap up the end of the fiscal year.
To be a feminist is simply to believe that everybody should be treated equally, regardless of sex. It means you think that there should be equality of the sexes economically, socially, politically and personally. When you put it like that, it’s surely difficult for anybody to deny being a feminist. But for such a simple concept, it is often dramatically misunderstood.

Have no fear LC, judging from your gusto, & the love you display for your job there, they would be fools to replace you.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

But then again, the world is full of fools, that's for sure! Smiley_emoticons_smile

I actually stopped looking for that oh so desired yet elusive ..... longevity or comfort zone. Why? Because quite simply, shit happens. A lot! Matter of fact, it's a fact of life. I saw it with my parents. Getting into that comfort zone, where all goes the same day by day and all is smooth and controlled. Just don't shake the boat!! And when it did, it drove them nuts. But that's the thing, life is a constant ocean full of waves and big things that just live day by day to fuck us up!

So get used to it. Even more so, enjoy it. Enjoy changes, watch out for signs that could bring changes, and prepare yourself mentally as well as financially for anything that might happen. Because .... it will. If not, no worries, all is well and you will continue living your days in that tranquil undisturbed space of content and happiness.

But if they do, at least you'll be ready with 2 guns ready on your hips and a smile on your lips! Smiley_emoticons_smile
Thanks Mohammed, that is wonderful ideals to live by.

Well, it makes you embrace war with a different mind set, that's for sure.
(11-14-2015, 11:59 PM)Mohammed Wrote: Well, it makes you embrace war with a different mind set, that's for sure.

I'm giving you lots of good vibes from a friend to another freind. I don't know who is bullshitting on the internet or not, but I like you and you're sexy. So fuck it.
Rrrrrrr ....... Smiley_emoticons_smile