Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
username Offline
Mod Lite

RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS

That ocean between us gives me some measure of comfort. I'm not naive and I'm sure we have our share of home grown terrorists among us (and perhaps more coming in) but I'm still happy not to share a continent with some of these countries.

Commando Cunt Queen
11-14-2015 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm puttering around my home & I have CNN on. Every now & then I stop to listen to a story (there are a lot of human interest stories today) or to watch some of the video from last night. The fear they must have felt weighs on me and if I think too much about it, it has the power to make me cry. I saw cellphone video of a girl hanging off the second story of a building, she felt safer hanging on for dear life than she felt in the building with the shooters. I saw a bloodied man trying to pull himself down the street in an effort to get away, people were running around him, I saw others pulling a person who appeared unconscious, they each had an arm and they were running as fast as they could :(

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
11-14-2015 03:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

One of the killed terrorists was a 30-year-old native of France. That's been confirmed. He was reportedly on the French Intelligence radar because he had become radicalized, but hadn't broken any laws and didn't have apparent ties to an organized terrorist network.

There are over 1,000 French citizens who traveled to Syria and reportedly fought/trained with ISIL and returned; it's almost impossible for French authorities to monitor all of them.

One of the vehicles used in the attacks was rented by a Frenchman in Belgium. Belgian police reportedly raided three homes today in connection with the attacks.

All 8 known terrorists were wearing suicide vests with TATP homemade explosives (requires training); 7 of the terrorists were killed by police or by their own hands. One was arrested by French police.

I won't be surprised if a major retaliatory hit on ISIL goes down soon. 129 dead, 350 injured (over 80 of them critically) in Paris -- those are the latest counts. ISIL claimed responsibility this morning, calling Hollande an "imbecile" and damning France for participating in the international coalition. French president Hollande proclaimed that war has been declared on France and promised to respond in kind.

The open border policy in Europe really needs to be reconsidered, in my opinion. I always had to show my passport when traveling between European countries by train. The border patrol would come on the train at each border crossing and check passports (and sometimes ask questions). I think that process should probably be reinstated for all modes of transportation.

I don't know what's going to happen with Syrian refugees trying to escape terror at home; some European countries were already protesting the EU quotas for letting them in. If any of the Paris terrorists turn out to be Syrian refugees, the opposition is gonna be even stronger.

11-14-2015 03:49 PM

pyropappy Offline
Mocker

there is only 1 question you need to ask your self: when this happens here are you prepared to deal with the situation?

11-14-2015 05:25 PM

sally Away
sally

(11-14-2015 05:25 PM)pyropappy Wrote:  there is only 1 question you need to ask your self: when this happens here are you prepared to deal with the situation?

Of course, pappy. I have a magic sensor that alerts me when bullets are flying my way. I also have a pantry full of beanie weenies and bottled water should I escape.

11-14-2015 05:45 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(11-14-2015 05:25 PM)pyropappy Wrote:  there is only 1 question you need to ask your self: when this happens here are you prepared to deal with the situation?

Pyro, I hope you're not insinuating that if you were sitting at one of those Paris cafe's and you were strapped, that you somehow would've pulled your weapon in time to make a difference?

Those folks sitting out front had absolutely zero chance of survival. It was a drive-by. Car races up, stops, and the machine guns are unleashing.

If you were strapped in the theatre you may have had a chance.

Anyway, I will definitely join the conceal carry folks if it looks like this shit is heading to our country.

11-14-2015 05:54 PM

sally Away
sally

(11-14-2015 05:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  

Pyro, I hope you're not insinuating that if you were sitting at one of those Paris cafe's and you were strapped, that you somehow would've pulled your weapon in time to make a difference?

Those folks sitting out front had absolutely zero chance of survival. It was a drive-by. Car races up, stops, and the machine guns are unleashing.

Anyway, I will definitely join the conceal carry folks if it looks like this shit is heading to our country.

No MS, you fucking retard. Crazy asswipe Pappy is asking if you're prepared for Armageddon. I'm not prepared myself and whatever will be will be.

11-14-2015 06:20 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

(11-14-2015 06:20 PM)sally Wrote:  

No MS, you fucking retard. Crazy asswipe Pappy is asking if you're prepared for Armageddon. I'm not prepared myself and whatever will be will be.

I don't read most of Pappy's posts.

I thought he was paranoid, but I didn't think he was predicting full scale Armegeddon.

However, now that I think about it, I can see how Islamic fundamentalists would love to suck the West into WWIII.

Absolutely believable.

11-14-2015 07:09 PM

pyropappy Offline
Mocker

It is not about making a difference; it is about survival. It is about situation awareness. It is about education; you will typically have a few seconds to react to violence. What you do in those few seconds are critical; those skills can be learned through training.

11-14-2015 07:25 PM

sally Away
sally

(11-14-2015 07:25 PM)pyropappy Wrote:  It is not about making a difference; it is about survival. It is about situation awareness. It is about education; you will typically have a few seconds to react to violence. What you do in those few seconds are critical; those skills can be learned through training.

Well then why don't you just tell us, what should I do when I'm enjoying my charcuterie at a restaurant and someone opens fire?

My first thought would be to hide under the table and take my bread and aged ham with me.

11-14-2015 07:33 PM

pyropappy Offline
Mocker

(11-14-2015 07:09 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  I don't read most of Pappy's posts.

I thought he was paranoid, but I didn't think he was predicting full scale Armegeddon.

However, now that I think about it, I can see how Islamic fundamentalists would love to suck the West into WWIII.

Absolutely believable.

It is more than believable. I have suggested on many occasions you need to educate yourself; read about the 12th Imam Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Mahdī. You don't need to believe; you just need to understand that they do.

11-14-2015 07:33 PM

pyropappy Offline
Mocker

(11-14-2015 07:33 PM)sally Wrote:  Well then why don't you just tell us, what should I do when I'm enjoying my charcuterie at a restaurant and someone opens fire?

You, not a damn thing.

11-14-2015 07:37 PM

sally Away
sally

(11-14-2015 07:37 PM)pyropappy Wrote:  
(11-14-2015 07:33 PM)sally Wrote:  Well then why don't you just tell us, what should I do when I'm enjoying my charcuterie at a restaurant and someone opens fire?

You, not a damn thing.

hah

11-14-2015 07:38 PM

pyropappy Offline
Mocker

(11-14-2015 07:38 PM)sally Wrote:  
(11-14-2015 07:37 PM)pyropappy Wrote:  

You, not a damn thing.

hah

If you are serious start by reading this:

Situational Awareness

Every place it references "team" replace with family and friends. When it references vessel or boat replace with your present location.

Then put these common sense principles in practice.

11-14-2015 08:14 PM