Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
(11-14-2015, 05:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 05:25 PM)pyropappy Wrote: there is only 1 question you need to ask your self: when this happens here are you prepared to deal with the situation?

Pyro, I hope you're not insinuating that if you were sitting at one of those Paris cafe's and you were strapped, that you somehow would've pulled your weapon in time to make a difference?

Those folks sitting out front had absolutely zero chance of survival. It was a drive-by. Car races up, stops, and the machine guns are unleashing.

If you were strapped in the theatre you may have had a chance.

Anyway, I will definitely join the conceal carry folks if it looks like this shit is heading to our country.

No MS, you fucking retard. Crazy asswipe Pappy is asking if you're prepared for Armageddon. I'm not prepared myself and whatever will be will be.
(11-14-2015, 06:20 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 05:25 PM)pyropappy Wrote: there is only 1 question you need to ask your self: when this happens here are you prepared to deal with the situation?

Pyro, I hope you're not insinuating that if you were sitting at one of those Paris cafe's and you were strapped, that you somehow would've pulled your weapon in time to make a difference?

Those folks sitting out front had absolutely zero chance of survival. It was a drive-by. Car races up, stops, and the machine guns are unleashing.

Anyway, I will definitely join the conceal carry folks if it looks like this shit is heading to our country.

No MS, you fucking retard. Crazy asswipe Pappy is asking if you're prepared for Armageddon. I'm not prepared myself and whatever will be will be.

I don't read most of Pappy's posts.

I thought he was paranoid, but I didn't think he was predicting full scale Armegeddon.

However, now that I think about it, I can see how Islamic fundamentalists would love to suck the West into WWIII.

Absolutely believable.

It is not about making a difference; it is about survival. It is about situation awareness. It is about education; you will typically have a few seconds to react to violence. What you do in those few seconds are critical; those skills can be learned through training.
(11-14-2015, 07:25 PM)pyropappy Wrote: It is not about making a difference; it is about survival. It is about situation awareness. It is about education; you will typically have a few seconds to react to violence. What you do in those few seconds are critical; those skills can be learned through training.

Well then why don't you just tell us, what should I do when I'm enjoying my charcuterie at a restaurant and someone opens fire?

My first thought would be to hide under the table and take my bread and aged ham with me.
(11-14-2015, 07:09 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I don't read most of Pappy's posts.

I thought he was paranoid, but I didn't think he was predicting full scale Armegeddon.

However, now that I think about it, I can see how Islamic fundamentalists would love to suck the West into WWIII.

Absolutely believable.

It is more than believable. I have suggested on many occasions you need to educate yourself; read about the 12th Imam Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Mahdī. You don't need to believe; you just need to understand that they do.
(11-14-2015, 07:33 PM)sally Wrote: Well then why don't you just tell us, what should I do when I'm enjoying my charcuterie at a restaurant and someone opens fire?

You, not a damn thing.
(11-14-2015, 07:37 PM)pyropappy Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 07:33 PM)sally Wrote: Well then why don't you just tell us, what should I do when I'm enjoying my charcuterie at a restaurant and someone opens fire?

You, not a damn thing.

hah
(11-14-2015, 07:38 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 07:37 PM)pyropappy Wrote:

You, not a damn thing.

hah

If you are serious start by reading this:

Situational Awareness

Every place it references "team" replace with family and friends. When it references vessel or boat replace with your present location.

Then put these common sense principles in practice.
Remember a lot of it is about what not to do. Here is a classic example:

Don't stand up and look around
Its being reported that at least one was a Syrian refuge.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
You're barking up the wrong tree Pappy. I caught shit just because I said I wont eat at a restaurant if I cant see the entrances/exits.

Keep your head on a swivel !

ETA. . . Thanks for the links Pappy.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I'm going to read pyro's link(s), Maybe I'll learn something that will override the gut reaction(s) that probably occur in a situation like that. My first reaction probably would be to stand up and run (depending on how close the shooter was). If he/she were close, I think I'd drop to the floor.

It's hard to fathom actually being in a situation like that but that's the first thing people always say. "I can't believe it happened here". Believe it.
Commando Cunt Queen
You would be surprised what you can teach your body to do. I say that because I have always practiced my draw and trained in a attempt to react the right way instead of thinking or panicking. A few years back I got the opportunity to find out if I had learned anything or not. Well turns out my reflexes kicked in and I did what was needed. The back story is that I was sitting in a friends pawn shop and a couple hoods walked in and says, This is a stickup. I spun around, gun came out of the holster and I was on target before they could make another step. Fuckers froze in their tracks and started screaming don't shoot, I was just joking big man. I bet they don't do that again.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
My only thought would be to get down on the ground and throw myself over a loved one ( excluding my husband) if the bullets started flying. I'm still waiting on the instructions on what exactly to do in that situation and I'm not clicking on any virus infected link.
(11-14-2015, 10:35 PM)sally Wrote: My only thought would be to get down on the ground and throw myself over a loved one ( excluding my husband) if the bullets started flying. I'm still waiting on the instructions on what exactly to do in that situation and I'm not clicking on any virus infected link.

You don't recall our recent lesson on public-setting personal safety delivered by another sharp, prepared, bad-ass Mocker?

Applied to the current situation, it goes a little something like this...

1. Don't you worry your pretty little heads if there's at least 21 feet between you and the Kalashnikov-wielding drive-by or stationary executioners. Just chill and finish your drinks; ain't no way a bullet can travel that far and penetrate the magic invisible protective shield.

2. HOWEVER, just in case the killer(s) manages to surprise you and penetrate the 21 foot safety zone, always carry a kitchen knife when venturing out in public.

Remember, very reliable imaginary stats indicate that killers armed with automatic and semi-automatic firearms and high capacity magazines/clips have no advantage over regular peeps packing special edition Paula Deen wood-handled cutlery.
I don't think Gunnar is all there, HoTD. If you want to follow his bullshit that's on you.
Billy Bragg summed it up nicely yesterday "This is an attack on anyone who goes to a bar, to a restaurant, to a gig or a game. Abhorrent."

In other words, all of us. The game's changed and shit just got serious
(11-15-2015, 05:24 AM)afraidforallofus Wrote: The game's changed and shit just got serious

If it took this to change the game then I now think the average person is too stupid to live and we can look at this latest act of terrorism as something associated with Darwin's Law.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You don't see this as different? No financial centre and seat of power (9/11), no transport (London & Madrid), no tourist hub (Bali). Just normal folk in their home town on a Friday night
(11-15-2015, 06:06 AM)afraidforallofus Wrote: You don't see this as different?

No, I don't and I can see why those venues were chosen. It's only a matter of time before it happens here again and once again there will be those who express shock & dismay. They'll wring their hands and wonder how this could happen in the good ol' US of A.

When I was listening to CNN yesterday they were talking about the bombs used and how easy they are to make, they then went on to tell their viewing audience that all it takes is a few everyday ingredients that can be picked up at any store near their home and then they listed them. I wanted to punch that cow Erin Burnett right in the face, whatta stupid twat.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]