Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NBA 2015/2016
Currently watching my Wolves playing in Toronto.

Raps have a nice team, but man, I love my 3 young guys: Wiggins, Towns and LaVine.

Just don't know if Sam Mitchell is the right guy for this young nucleus.
(02-24-2016, 10:16 PM)koko Wrote: People now have been saying "what if Andy is spying on the Warriors for us" which I'd love to believe lol.

I think our teams will be facing off again in the finals this year, koko. That's my prediction.

Hey MS -- a couple of my friends have bets on the Warriors beating the '96 Bulls record of 73 wins in a single season. I understand the odds just turned favorable in Vegas.

We were 50-5 going into last night’s game against Miami and pulled that one out. We need to win 23 of our final 27 games to break the record. Tough, but doable?
Yes, your Dubs are now 51-5.

And, they're 24-0 @ home, meaning of their remaining 26 games, 17 of them are home.

However, even with that favorable schedule, I don't think they'll break the Bulls' all-time 72-10 mark.

And, it's not that I don't believe in them, I just feel like strange things can happen.
I hope you're wrong, MS.

But, I think it will be tough to pull out so many wins at the the end of the season and at a time when Coach Kerr will probably want to conserve some energy for play-offs and hopefully Finals.

I haven't been able to watch many of the games, but I'll be all over them starting in March.
(02-25-2016, 04:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I hope you're wrong, MS.

But, I think it will be tough to pull out so many wins at the the end of the season and at a time when Coach Kerr will probably want to conserve some energy for play-offs and hopefully Finals.

I haven't been able to watch many of the games, but I'll be all over them starting in March.
Steeeeeeve Kerrrrrrrrr is the difference. Clearly, and I think they will surpass the Bulls record this year. If you see them on and off the court, they're just out there having fun. Humble players and coach who share a vision. It doesn't get any better than that.
(02-25-2016, 04:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I hope you're wrong, MS.

I agree with your point of resting key players as the playoffs near. That'll definitely be a consideration.

Watching Steph, Draymont and Klay run their 3-man game is very impressive. They're nearly unstoppable.
(02-25-2016, 03:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: 16

I think our teams will be facing off again in the finals this year, koko. That's my prediction.

Looks pretty likely at this point. I've read that the warriors love Varejao already because of his character. Not surprised. And it'll be an easier pill to swallow IF we lose to Golden State again in the finals, at least Varejao would get a ring after getting the fucking shaft from our front office!
I just read the same koko; Varejao seems like a good fit here.

I'm confused though. I coulda sworn I heard that he was traded to Portland, and next thing I knew, he was wearing a Warriors jersey.

I'm either losing it or outta the loop (probably both).
(02-25-2016, 09:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm confused though. I coulda sworn I heard that he was traded to Portland, and next thing I knew, he was wearing a Warriors jersey.

He was. They waived him right away, they were more interested in the draft pick. So then he became a free agent, a few teams were looking at him. I believe I the Spurs made him an offer, as did Golden State, possibly another team or two may have as well. But he wisely chose the Warriors, and signed a veteran minimum contract.

I love the guy lol, I don't have a single bad thing to say about him, worst I can come up with is that he has been injury prone. But man, he plays with so much heart. I remember last season he was guarding Blake Griffin and was getting him so frustrated that Blake shoved Andy, and then if i remember correctly Blake tried to stand over him menacingly and Andy is just on the floor smiling up at him.

edit/add I was wrong, it was not last season it was a couple years ago when mike brown came back as the coach for a season.. (around 0:56 you can see Varejao on the ground smiling at Griffin)

even if he doesn't get TONS of playing time, I bet you guys will really like him.
Andy's cute, no doubt. It'll be fun to watch him play with the Warriors, and really cool for him if he ends up winning a championship ring against the Cavs in May.
Wow! Just finished watching GS-OKC.

Amazing finish, and guess what, Curry was the difference again, including the game-winner with 0.6 seconds left.

Now 53-5 and it'll take some crazy shit to deny them a 73-9 (or better) record.
I didn't see the game last night MS, but just watched the highlights.

Steph Curry is magic. That last 3-pointer from 30+ feet to break the tie, leaving 610 of a second remaining on the clock, was effin' incredible.

^ Steph tied Kobe's record for most 3-pointers in a single game at 12.

He also broke his own NBA record for most 3-pointers in a single season last night. He held the record with 286, which he set last season, and now has 288 3-pointers so far this season -- he hit 12 of 16 from downtown last night.

What a great game! I remember you and I betting on the Clippers vs. Thunder series a couple of years back. Oklahoma is a good, strong team; I really like watching Kevin Durant play.
(02-28-2016, 12:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Steph Curry is magic. That last 3-pointer from 30+ feet to break the tie, leaving 610 of a second remaining on the clock, was effin' incredible.

I saw that highlight on my morning news. It made me think of you. It was pretty fricken cool for sure.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-26-2016, 05:41 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Andy's cute, no doubt. It'll be fun to watch him play with the Warriors, and really cool for him if he ends up winning a championship ring against the Cavs in May.

Yeah it was weird seeing him in anything but a cavaliers or brasil uniform but I can honestly say I'm happy for him (lol...listen to me, like I actually am friends with him or some shit)

The way it's looking, even if we do win the east, the finals will be a sad sight this side of the mississippi. Unless we send sasha kaun in there like "no, no, don't worry, we'll pay all your fines Sash, just get in there and give curry a strong elbow to the eye socket" lol. Seriously unless the cavs magically get their shit together QUICK, the warriors will fucking embarass us. We can't count on Dellavedova being able to shut curry down for 2 games again

I mean, Bron is over here AIRBALLING game winners and then here comes steph fucking curry from 32 like it's a walk in the park. I can't even pretend Curry isn't amazing.
No Steph Curry and Andre Iguodala tonight for Golden State versus the Hawks.

Atlanta can be very good at times.
How come nobody is talking about the Spurs? They are also on pace to beat the Bulls record.
(03-02-2016, 05:55 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: How come nobody is talking about the Spurs?

Eh, my guess is because the Warriors are overshadowing them this year. Everyone knows the Spurs are good, and have been for quiiiiiite some time...but then outta no where (not exactly, but over the past couple years) here come the Warriors firing on all cylinders, they're like.... the new popular kid of the western conference lol. Idk. That's just my take.
Your Timberwolves are only one point behind my Warriors at half time, MS.

I can't get the game, dang it.

(We're at 62 - 7 now. 11 games short of the record for most wins in a single season -- I think it's gonna happen.)
Wish I was at the game HotD.

I still don't think they break the record (73-9).
(03-02-2016, 05:55 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: How come nobody is talking about the Spurs? They are also on pace to beat the Bulls record.

They get a mention every so often but popular opinion seems to be they can't beat Curry and company in best of seven so they get written off. They're like the Jordan era Detroit Pistons. They'd be champs if only...