Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NBA 2015/2016
(03-21-2016, 09:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Wish I was at the game HotD.

I still don't think they break the record (73-9).

It would have been a fun game to watch in-person, for sure.

The Warriors beat your Wolves by only 5 points last night, which puts us at 63 and 7.

I'm starting to think there's a good chance of the Warriors tying the old Bulls' record or beating it. I'll bet you 10 post compliments in a week's period -- up for it?
(03-22-2016, 04:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

The Warriors beat your Wolves by only 5 points last night, which puts us at 63 and 7.

I'm starting to think there's a good chance of the Warriors tying the old Bulls' record or beating it. I'll bet you 10 post compliments in a week's period -- up for it?
If Curry stays healthy they break it. MS would be a fool to take the bet.

Is everything (and I mean everything) in play as far as complimentary posting?
Anything goes, MS. You can go full monty on the compliments, if you want.

9 of our remaining 12 regular season games are at home. We're playing the Clippers tonight. I figure I have about a 60% chance of winning this bet.

If I lose, will you be able to stand getting 10 compliments from me in such a short time? Because it's gonna be painful for me, I imagine. At least 5 or 6 of them will be sincere, but I'll probably have to stretch pretty far to fill the full quota. Smiley_emoticons_wink
(03-23-2016, 06:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anything goes, MS. You can go full monty on the compliments, if you want.

9 of our remaining 12 regular season games are at home. We're playing the Clippers tonight. I figure I have about a 60% chance of winning this bet.

If I lose, will you be able to stand getting 10 compliments from me in such a short time? Because it's gonna be painful for me, I imagine. At least 5 or 6 of them will be sincere, but I'll probably have to stretch pretty far to fill the full quota. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Sounds like a bet!

I need the Clips to win tonight, and the Spurs to win one (of the 2 remaining games), the Jazz to beat them in Utah, and THEN, I need Steve Kerr to realize that he's jeopardizing a run at a title if he doesn't get Steph some rest, and bench Curry the last 3 games of the year.

Curry went 1-12 from 3 against SA, and 2-8 from deep against my Woofies.

As much as the players want this record, back-to-back titles would be even more impressive, IMO.

Imagine, a jump-shooting team winning back to back titles?

They are re-defining this game.
Oh yeah, another championship trumps a wins-record any old day.

I agree that Kerr might need to rest Steph up headed into the playoffs. That's one reason I think my odds of winning this bet are good, but not great.

Anyway, you're on!
Well, MS. we beat the Wizards tonight, so we're at 66 and 7.

I read an interview with Tony Parker today. He said Pop, in usual form, is planning to rest the Spurs' starters the last few games of regular season to preserve them for the play-offs.

So, I think that increases my chances of winning our bet. If we don't lose two games before April 10th and we beat the bench of our toughest competition in San Antonio, it will be win number 73.

It's going to be sweet getting those 10 compliments from you. Yes it is. Blowing-kisses
I'm having my doubts about our bet too.

The Jazz have to beat the W's tonight for me to have a chance.

If not, I'll be digging deep into my bag of complimentary prose.
(03-23-2016, 12:07 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

If Curry stays healthy they break it. MS would be a fool to take the bet.
Wasnme
MS might win the bet; it's definitely not a sure thing. But, I still think the Warriors will break the record.

We lost to the Celtics on Friday and now have to win 4 of 5 of our remaining games; the Timberwolves tonight, 2 against the Spurs, and 2 against the Grizzlies.

Coach Kerr says he's not really trying to break the Bulls' record. He says if he were, he wouldn't be resting Livingston and Bogut and he'd be playing the starters more.

I believe it's not Kerr's main goal to beat the record of the Bulls' team he played for 20 years ago, but gotta think it would be a sweet feather to have in his coaching cap. His former Bulls' teammates Luc Longley and Scotty Pippen are giving Kerr a little shit about it though, in a funny way (I think).
The Timberwolves (26 - 52 record) beat the Warriors (69 - 9) last night.

Now, we've gotta beat the Spurs (65 - 12) twice and the Grizzlies (42 - 36) twice to clench the single season win/loss record. I'm less confident about the bet than I was before last night, but still hopeful.

[Image: Shabazz-Wolves.jpg]
The Timberwolves played really well last night. ^ Shabazz Muhammad kicked ass and scored a career-high 35 points and Andrew Wiggins scored 32 to beat the Warriors 124 to 117 in overtime.

For the Warriors. Curry recorded 15 assists but suffered an off-night shooting, going just 7 of 25 from the floor for 21 points and Klay posted up 28.
Shabazz doin' WORK!

(In my best inner city accent).
I'm making my mental list of good things to say about you MS. I know it's gonna be tough to win the last 4 games of the season.

The Spurs are an excellent team. I think they'll be tough competition. Both Pop and Kerr may well decide to rest their starters though, so hard to call.

The Grizzlies can push their starters to the max at end of season with nothing to lose. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors actually lose one to the Grizzlies instead of the Spurs. But, I hope we win them all!

I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks of play.
GS is stepping into a dangerous time in their season.

3 bad losses in the last couple of weeks: @ Lakers, vs Celtics & vs TWolves.

The last 4, as you noted, come against very tough teams, that play a real 'grind out every possession' style.

Kerr is trying to balance resting his important players, with the players' desire to take a shot at the record.

Steph looked human last night (7-25) from the field and I can see he's fatigued.

It'll be interesting to see the course that Kerr takes.
record don't mean shit without a title. Kerr will rest people if he needs to.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I didn't see koko's guy Varejao on the court last night. Hopefully, he'll get some play time in the next several games and make a splash.
Gotta love how the Warriors have stolen all the heat from the LA Rams big triumphant return lol. I'm getting pretty tired of hearing sports talkers debate which team/ legend is better though. I don't think it matters. I think every generation comes a single team or player that just transcends the whole game, and people look back fondly on those players for the rest of their lives. There will never be another Magic, or another Bird, or another Jordan. And twenty years from now hopefully we'll be saying what it was like to watch Curry play live.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(04-06-2016, 03:55 PM)Donovan Wrote: Gotta love how the Warriors have stolen all the heat from the LA Rams big triumphant return lol. I'm getting pretty tired of hearing sports talkers debate which team/ legend is better though. I don't think it matters. I think every generation comes a single team or player that just transcends the whole game, and people look back fondly on those players for the rest of their lives. There will never be another Magic, or another Bird, or another Jordan. And twenty years from now hopefully we'll be saying what it was like to watch Curry play live.

I agree that it's pointless to argue over which legendary teams or players are the best in terms of there being a right answer or coming to a consensus. But, sometimes it's fun to listen to people defend their guy/guys so passionately. No one will ever convince me that Dr. J isn't the greatest!

Last night, Curry was magic and flew like a bird up and down the court to score 27 points and lead the Warriors to a solid win over the Spurs. Last night's victory makes the Warriors only the second team in history to hit 70 wins in a single season. Fun game to watch after the recent losses to the Celtics and the Wolves.
Another NBA milestone was hit this week when the Spurs beat the Jazz.

Tim Duncan is 39 now and not playing as much or as vigorously as he once did, but he's definitely a court leader and a legend to me. In 18 seasons with the Spurs, he's helped the team make it to the play-offs 18 straight times and win five NBA championships.

[Image: CfVCLQjVIAIk-dR.jpg]
This week, Duncan became only the third player to play in at least 1,000 winning games. That puts him right up there with Kareem and Robert Parish.
[Image: Draymond_Green_7703995.jpg]

Draymond Green Love3

The Warriors beat the Grizzlies in Memphis by 1 point tonight -- win #71.

Draymond sunk the winning basket. I love him; he's not coy at all about really really wanting to break the win record and always gets a little emotional talking about how much he loves the game when he's interviewed.