Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ham
Is it the ultimate food? Everything on a pig can be eaten but a nice ham is the filet mignon of a pig. And they're smart, that's right, smarter than some people. But not smart enough to not be turned into a ham for New Years dinner.
There I've said it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Pork - the other white meat.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Use everything but the squeel
Pork and woody two words that are used together for a single purpose.
The World Health Organisation recently said that ham, bacon and sausages all of red meat is bad for you and can cause cancer.
Smelling your own finger causes cancer.
(11-30-2015, 09:29 AM)Maggot Wrote: Is it the ultimate food? Everything on a pig can be eaten but a nice ham is the filet mignon of a pig. And they're smart, that's right, smarter than some people. But not smart enough to not be turned into a ham for New Years dinner.
There I've said it.
Ham is awesome, but they need to stop with the spiral cut craze. Every year it seems to get more difficult to find a descent ham for those of us perfectly capable of carving our own ham.
(11-30-2015, 09:29 AM)Maggot Wrote: Is it the ultimate food? Everything on a pig can be eaten but a nice ham is the filet mignon of a pig. And they're smart, that's right, smarter than some people. But not smart enough to not be turned into a ham for New Years dinner.
There I've said it.

Have you ever eaten something called boiled dinner? It's made with ham, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and maybe something else that's escaping me right now.
(11-30-2015, 11:21 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: they need to stop with the spiral cut craze.

You're not the first person I've heard say that. Overwhelmingly, a plain ol' ham wins with everyone I've ever heard mention it.
(11-30-2015, 02:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:
There I've said it.

Have you ever eaten something called boiled dinner? It's made with ham, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and maybe something else that's escaping me right now.

Oh yeah. Its good and I use butter and red wine vinegar for the cabbage.

I've only ever met one other person down here who has even heard of it and she's originally from Michigan.
My issue is with semi boneless hams. WTF is a semi bone? Either it has a bone or it doesn't. Do not confuse me when I am trying to enjoy a ham sammich.
(11-30-2015, 07:21 PM)QueenBee Wrote: My issue is with semi boneless hams. WTF is a semi bone? Either it has a bone or it doesn't. Do not confuse me when I am trying to enjoy a ham sammich.

Doesn't seem like it would be a complicated description does it?

Boiled Dinner? Yes Many. Its actually a staple in many parts of the country, mostly the North East, but along the upper midwest also.
Down South and out west not so much.
I am very Southern being from East Texas, but I have traveled extensively and been ALL about the food wherever I went
I love honey baked ham. But I love a good me fashioned regular ham too. Bacon, pork chops, pork loin. All good. But I'm not eating the other parts.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(12-01-2015, 07:52 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I love honey baked ham. But I love a good me fashioned regular ham too. Bacon, pork chops, pork loin. All good. But I'm not eating the other parts.

I always thought it would be fun to whale on the Jew bitch with a big, honkin' pork loin. Hehehe
(11-30-2015, 02:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:
There I've said it.

I make New England boiled dinner with corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. I guess if you switch the corned beef for ham then it's just a boiled dinner and not a new England boiled dinner. I don't know hah.
(12-01-2015, 07:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 07:52 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I love honey baked ham. But I love a good me fashioned regular ham too. Bacon, pork chops, pork loin. All good. But I'm not eating the other parts.

I always thought it would be fun to whale on the Jew bitch with a big, honkin' pork loin. Hehehe

Hehe. I wanted to sign her up for pork of the month club.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies