Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH?
Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

RE: Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALSBACH?

I didn't care for any of the Manitowoc County Sherriff personnel, especially Lenk and the other guy that called in Theresa's license plate 2 days before it was found on Avery's property.

THAT really made me scratch my head.

However, if Avery is innocent, who's the real murderer?

That's what I need you to answer.

01-12-2016 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away

^ that question takes me back to Steven Avery's accusation in 2009 that his brothers tried to set him up.

What if there's validity to that?

01-12-2016 06:09 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-12-2016 06:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  I didn't care for any of the Manitowoc County Sherriff personnel, especially Lenk and the other guy that called in Theresa's license plate 2 days before it was found on Avery's property.

THAT really made me scratch my head.

However, if Avery is innocent, who's the real murderer?

That's what I need you to answer.
Nobody will ever be able to answer that definitively MS because "someone" has tampered with the evidence. So that brings us to "who is this someone?" Right? Do you honestly believe Avery or anyone in his family is capable of this sort of thing? I don't. In order to conclude that he's guilty of this, someone in his "camp" cleaned that key and the restraints and left ONLY Avery's DNA on the key and someone else who is NOT Theresa's DNA on the restraints. Also, if the fire wasn't capable of degrading the human bones with tissue on them, then that would suggest that the remains weren't burned in Avery's fire pit. So you have essentially no DNA evidence that includes Theresa and Avery. No physical evidence that includes Theresa and Avery on Avery's property besides the vehicle that one of the cops called in 2 days before the vehicle was found. AND, if Avery was capable of masterminding such an elaborate cover up, how is it that he didn't just crush the vehicle in his car crusher? Because somebody wanted that vehicle found on his property with trace DNA evidence from Avery in it.

01-12-2016 06:41 PM

Midwest Spy Away

Why the 2 calls to Theresa with the *67 feature before she arrives and why the call at 4:45 without that feature?

I also need you to say it:

The cops killed Theresa.

Edit: see, I believe Avery thought he'd be untouchable if he committed this crime in lieu of what had transpired.

The opportunity presented itself and he went for it.

01-12-2016 07:04 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I absolutely think that Steven Avery and/or other members of the Avery family could be capable of killing Teresa and trying to cover their tracks.

Steven Avery himself claimed that his brothers were sexually violent and may have wanted to get rid of him for money reasons, etc... So, he's either cunning enough to lie about that to create doubt (with disregard about the impacts on his family), or members of the family are capable of the crime according to members of the family themselves.

Plus, a lot of unsophisticated and unintelligent criminals haven't gotten away with worse, and other such criminals have been convicted for worse. Many of the people sitting on death row are unsophisticated and unintelligent, some of them convicted based on very solid or almost irrefutable evidence of guilt, and still denying they did the crimes.

Still haven't had a chance to watch Making A Murderer though, and still open minded.

01-12-2016 07:35 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-12-2016 07:04 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  Why the 2 calls to Theresa with the *67 feature before she arrives and why the call at 4:45 without that feature?

I also need you to say it:

The cops killed Theresa.

Edit: see, I believe Avery thought he'd be untouchable if he committed this crime in lieu of what had transpired.

The opportunity presented itself and he went for it.
Great theory. Motive? hah

01-13-2016 11:33 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-12-2016 07:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I absolutely think that Steven Avery and/or other members of the Avery family could be capable of killing Teresa and trying to cover their tracks.

Steven Avery himself claimed that his brothers were sexually violent and may have wanted to get rid of him for money reasons, etc... So, he's either cunning enough to lie about that to create doubt (with disregard about the impacts on his family), or members of the family are capable of the crime according to members of the family themselves.

Plus, a lot of unsophisticated and unintelligent criminals haven't gotten away with worse, and other such criminals have been convicted for worse. Many of the people sitting on death row are unsophisticated and unintelligent, some of them convicted based on very solid or almost irrefutable evidence of guilt, and still denying they did the crimes.

Still haven't had a chance to watch Making A Murderer though, and still open minded.
Interesting, so the Avery's can now completely erase DNA evidence from the bed, the key, the bullet that supposedly passed through her melon and the restraints. Not only that, but they can also completely erase any evidence of blood from the crime scene except for the drops of deer blood. Because they can tell the difference between Theresa's blood and the blood of the deer. Pretty fucking amazing for a family of morons with a collective IQ of 100.

01-13-2016 12:08 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Reality rarely matches up with CSI and Criminal Minds. And, in this case, the Avery clan have themselves accused and implicated each other.

Having followed crime stories for a long time, I know that people who don't leave all types of physical evidence at crime scenes are often times what you refer to as 'morons'. A lot of criminals are convicted on strong circumstantial evidence or validated confessions, without having left physical evidence.

Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer, IQ = 82. He killed at least 49 women over a 20 year period. During that time, he was married to a woman who had no clue. He worked a full-time job and was reliable and well-regarded. There was a large and committed LE task force poring over all of the crime scenes and evidence working in attempt to identify and catch the serial killer.

When Ridgway was finally caught, some people had a very hard time believing that such a simple-minded and seemingly nice man had been able to kill so many women, dump all the bodies without detection, and carry on a normal life without detection. But, he did, and he confessed in great detail.

It's also true that unsophisticated and unintelligent people (along with all other types) sometimes get wrongly convicted by unethical, corrupt and/or misleading cops and prosecutors. It happens, no doubt.

I don't know which of the two scenarios fits the Steven Avery case. Neither one is a stretch of the imagination for me (aside from the theory that the local LE killed an innocent woman themselves in order to frame Avery and avoid a pay out).

01-13-2016 12:43 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-13-2016 12:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Reality rarely matches up with CSI and Criminal Minds. And, in this case, the Avery clan have themselves accused and implicated each other.

Having followed crime stories for a long time, I know that people who don't leave all types of physical evidence at crime scenes are often times what you refer to as 'morons'. A lot of criminals are convicted on strong circumstantial evidence or validated confessions, without having left physical evidence.

Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer, IQ = 82. He killed at least 49 women over a 20 year period. During that time, he was married to a woman who had no clue. He worked a full-time job and was reliable and well-regarded. There was a large and committed LE task force poring over all of the crime scenes and evidence working in attempt to identify and catch the serial killer.

When Ridgway was finally caught, some people had a very hard time believing that such a simple-minded and seemingly nice man had been able to kill so many women, dump all the bodies without detection, and carry on a normal life without detection. But, he did, and he confessed in great detail.

It's also true that unsophisticated and unintelligent people (along with all other types) sometimes get wrongly convicted by unethical, corrupt and/or misleading cops and prosecutors. It happens, no doubt.

I don't know which of the two scenarios fits the Steven Avery case. Neither one is a stretch of the imagination for me (aside from the theory that the local LE killed an innocent woman themselves in order to frame Avery and avoid a pay out).
Yeah, you should actually watch the doc before commenting further. hah

Brendon: Yeah?
Mom: Yeah?
Brendon: I don't wanna miss the WWE match over this.
Mom: Why did you tell them all that then?
Brendon: I just guessed like I do in school. I don't know all that stuff. I just guessed what they told me.

Cop: What did you do to her head? Something happened to her head. I need you to tell me what you did.
Brendon: Cut her hair?
Cop: Okay and what else did you do to her head. Something happened to her head. What did you do?
Brendon: Hit her?
Cop: Okay, I'm just going to say that we know you shot her in the head. Did you shoot her in the head?

Mom: Yeah?
Brendon: The man said my story sounds fabricated. What zat mean?
Mom: I don't know?

01-13-2016 01:02 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I should continue to comment and reply to questions about crime in general and this case specifically as I see fit, Gunnar. And, I will.

My comments are equally valid without having watched the series in full. Plus, I haven't made any judgments about the series, nor insisted that Avery is guilty or innocent.

You asked if I really think that one or more of the Averys could have really committed the crime, them being so moronic and all. My answer is "yes", it happens.

Based on having read about the crime and the trial, watched interviews of the families and Avery, reviewed court docs, and having followed many murder cases, a low-IQ murderer leaving no DNA wouldn't surprise me. And, a corrupt LE system facilitating a wrongful conviction wouldn't surprise me either.

01-13-2016 01:23 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-13-2016 01:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I should continue to comment and reply to questions/comments about crime in general and this case specifically as I see fit, Gunnar. And, I will.

My comments are equally valid without having watched the series in full. Plus, I haven't made any judgments about the series, nor insisted that Avery is guilty or innocent.

You asked if I really think that one or more of the Averys could have really committed the crime, them being so moronic and all. My answer is "yes", it happens.

Based on having read about the crime and the trial, watched interviews of the families and Avery, reviewed court docs, and having followed many murder cases, a low-IQ murderer leaving no DNA wouldn't surprise me. And, a corrupt LE system facilitating a wrongful conviction wouldn't surprise me either.
Well, to say "leaving no DNA" isn't accurate. The victims DNA wasn't detected. Avery's DNA was all over the place, but oddly enough the victims wasn't. There was also DNA from an officer detected. Just no Theresa DNA was found anywhere.

01-13-2016 01:31 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

And please... Feel free to comment ignorantly if you wish. When you've got it, flaunt it.

01-13-2016 01:33 PM

Midwest Spy Away

HotD, in BG's defense, the Avery's really are a bunch of bumpkins. You have to see them and hear them to realize how dumb they appear.

However, I believe, even after seeing and hearing Steven Avery, that he committed this crime.

This show was presented from the defense viewpoint, and everything we've seen is meant to create doubt as to Avery's guilt.

Are there many aspects that leave you shaking your head? Yes.

A very compelling documentary, no doubt.

01-13-2016 01:39 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

01-13-2016 01:51 PM